Just Ordered Denon 1612 AVR from amazon.de

@baijuxavior ..... from where did u source itt ?? yr denon..

@ Kalpen ...Would request you to please Check and let us know if there is an option to select ENGLISH and wats the default setup language when you start it for the first time..

WILL SURE upadate about it.

Congrats for your purchase.

You can even ship Heco victa series 200 bookshelf and 700 floorstanders and 101 center for around 23K INR shipped from amazon.de

Had you done with 1612 you could have saved 40euro in shipping, as I am noticing that they are charging just 40 euro for shipping and you can order as much heavy or bulky things in one order, shipping price does not change!

So Denon 1912 and Heco series of 5.0 comes for 50K exactly in INR.

Once can also order BIC F12 from amazon.com and change to 220v with jumper setting so with this to the total comes to 70K INR.

Anything comes near this price bought locally? I don't think so.

@Vine, excuse me for my Lack of Knowledge , but how these brands u suggested are compared to Jamo?
Never Heard about Heco victa series 200 bookshelf and 700 floorstanders and 101 center???

I m really tired of searching about amazon selling and shipping Jamo s606 5.0 setup. :mad:

as Jamo is preferred brand. but i will sure look up what u had suggested, and yes ur damn right about this setup at this price...:D

any other suggestions of buying Jamo s 606 from amazon or likewise?

thanx guys.

Just search the forum here on the Heco, there is a shop in Bangalore Koramangala and some of us have auditioned that and particularly impressed by the Heco victa 200 bookshelf this is available for around euro 75 on amazon.de and some suggested that this is well suited with our small wonder topping t20 amplifier also. So this way a cool setup in budget can be setup up.

With subwoofers it purely depends on your room size / Budget and what speakers are you going to use as fronts.

Subwoofers you can look at
Klipsch SW450 - 30k approx
Velodyne Impact 10 - 23k apprx
Velodyne Imact 12 - 30k approx
Sonodyne Roar
JBL 150P - 20k

to add to this list polk dsw pro 660 sub for around 29k. However somewhere latef i see mention of jamo s606 which has built in sub, i once heard the 606 with onkyo 608 but did not like them much in terms of bass reproduction, of course the system may not have been properly tuned. Jamo is one of the few brands offering 5yrs warranty.

Hows Jamo s 506 ? i had heard it at my friends place, it was amazing. even "Ekta kapoor`s Kitne aache lagte hain" sounded too good on it. :eek:hyeah:

but jamo dont do subwoofer to go with, so which sub woofer again for denon AVR 1612?

c`mon guys . pls share ur knowledge.

I auditioned Jamo c603. Great sound. 28K. Was planning to try it with Denon 1612 (New) 29.9k

^^. Denon 1612 has a setting for language selection. When you first start the AVR, the setup wizard will prompt you to select the language. You could also change the language from the 'System Setup' menu.

WILL SURE upadate about it.

hi guys...
today afternoon i recieved it. :yahoo:
thanx Amazon.de to deliever it in full piece.:clapping: and without any problems. and as promised ON TIME.

NO PROBLEM AT ALL OF LANGUAGE.
as it powered on itself in English.:cool:

i was at office when i got call from wifey sayin a guy delievered it.
(couldnt manage work afterwards......:licklips:)
so, posting and sharing the joy with you all as listening to favorite tunes on it...

now the quest for speakers begin.:rolleyes:
anybody know who deals in Jamo (grey market) for s606 5.0 system? - in mumbai
i want this one

Jamo S606HCS3 S-606-HCS-3 5.0 speaker system | Vanns.com

Amazon dosent sell them.
and other sites are quoting far more from just shipping. as weight is 141 lbs/ 70kgs

anybody have idea of how to get these here in india without making a hole in pocket.?

Congrats Kalpen...can you share the landed cost with us? There was a discussion on another thread on amazon.de that for the entry-level AVRs the price difference is not much...

Congrats Kalpen...can you share the landed cost with us? There was a discussion on another thread on amazon.de that for the entry-level AVRs the price difference is not much...

total landed cost is 25K.
yes, i had read about them. but ordering from amazon and getting It
delievered here at my doorstep in Baroda is altogether different shoping experience compared to my last month`s all around roaming in bombay and finding good deals....(altough i enjoyed that too... as auditioning different systems is an activity full of pleasure)

and i got confidence too of ordering online internationally.

IMO, importing Denon 1612 for 25K is not worth. The MRP of the AVR is around 29.5K only with bill and warranty.AS I posted earlier, I got mine for 27.5K shipped to my home.

total landed cost is 25K.
yes, i had read about them. but ordering from amazon and getting It
delievered here at my doorstep in Baroda is altogether different shoping experience compared to my last month`s all around roaming in bombay and finding good deals....(altough i enjoyed that too... as auditioning different systems is an activity full of pleasure)

and i got confidence too of ordering online internationally.

Delivered at a two tier city like Vadodara ... tats great man... I am confident of getting the international deliveries at Metros but @vadodara...good ..
UPS seems to be giving good service...!! Hows was the packaging and all.. in perfect condition without any tears on the cardboard carton .?

Delivered at a two tier city like Vadodara ... tats great man... I am confident of getting the international deliveries at Metros but @vadodara...good ..
UPS seems to be giving good service...!! Hows was the packaging and all.. in perfect condition without any tears on the cardboard carton .?

every carrier in the world is equally good or equally bad - thats something I have learned the hard way.......hope you don't go thorough that rigor and it remains a all rosy picture

eXATLY thats what i m saying. it came as good as i would have bought it from mumbai / elsewhere.

i know its only 5k cheaper :sad: than here but atleast i got the taste of amazon` service , also on the way i used my ICICI debit card for first time to shop online internationally. :eek:hyeah:

now itching my hands for ordering Jamo S 606 5.0 sytem.:eek:hyeah:
AND waiting for price drop in Optoma HD66 or HD20 (pls PM me too if anybody founds it first) , one HD66 already ordered at $579

Last edited:
eXATLY thats what i m saying. it came as good as i would have bought it from mumbai / elsewhere.

i know its only 5k cheaper :sad: than here but atleast i got the taste of amazon` service , also on the way i used my ICICI debit card for first time to shop online internationally. :eek:hyeah:

now itching my hands for ordering Jamo S 606 5.0 sytem.:eek:hyeah:
AND waiting for price drop in Optoma HD66 or HD20 (pls PM me too if anybody founds it first) , one HD66 already ordered at $579

Did I read Debit Card... How come?? Does amazon accept Debit cards... Hell !! I din know abt tat .. I even posted some days back on the forum regarding this

You can use VISA international dibit cards of banks like ICICI, Axis etc. for making payment with amazon. But unfortunately SBI, Federal bank VISA cards didn't work for me. These cards are accepted by Amazon, but nothing happened for a few days while I was trying to buy a few Blu-Ray disks. I found it useful for checking the price of an item without charging my card!

Last edited:
Did I read Debit Card... How come?? Does amazon accept Debit cards... Hell !! I din know abt tat .. I even posted some days back on the forum regarding this

yes sir,.
u read it right. a VISA DEBIT CARD.:yahoo:

PM me if u wanna talk/discuss more about it.

Well i tried registering citibank maestro debit card on Amazon and the webpage would throw "card not valid error". Any idea on this.. Oh btw i just bought Onkyo HT 3300 today locally from reliance; after searching in vain,patiently on Amazon.com/de and getting stuck on darn card error. Well is somebody kind enough to enlighten me to circumvent the error issue ?, I might as well buy Energy Take classic for the beautiful receiver.

Hi

I got lucky. A friend of mine bought Denon 1612 from Dubai. Just for information, u dont have to pay duty upto 25k. I selected 1612 cos it cost US$349, which works out to 18k but in dubai it cost me 20k. If u buy 1911 OR 1912 it works out to 36k but u end up paying duty. 1612 is as good but no airplay. Its a question of optimising!

Now am buying Jamo C603 to go with Denon 1612. The price in Dubai is 22k.

Net saving Denon costs 30k & Jamo costs 28k in Bangalore so u save 16k!

Well i tried registering citibank maestro debit card on Amazon and the webpage would throw "card not valid error". Any idea on this.. Oh btw i just bought Onkyo HT 3300 today locally from reliance; after searching in vain,patiently on Amazon.com/de and getting stuck on darn card error. Well is somebody kind enough to enlighten me to circumvent the error issue ?, I might as well buy Energy Take classic for the beautiful receiver.

You need to try a VISA card. Maestro may not work. If you intend to buy ETC, then you made a mistake by buying the Onkyo 3300. This AVR has no pre out for subwoofer. A Denon 1312 or Yamaha 371 would have been a better choice.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back