Just Received a qinpu A3 Amp FABULOUS !!

lifewater

Hi friends,

Let me start by telling you that I am related to Amarbir as much as I am related to you all --- Indians and Hifivians. Hence please dont crucify me if I tell you that I am mighty pleased and over the moon with the service provided by Amarbir (LYNX) and also by the products he sells.

I have just now received a Qinpu A3 amp and initial listening for about 20 minutes just blew me away !!. Straight off beat the DENON PMA520 amp that I was using. Going off to burn it in and will write a detailed review about it after burning it in for 20-30 hours.

Till such time keep your fingers crossed. Also it is loud - very loud have not reached halfway through the volume pot an it is already playing party loud.

Cheers

lifewater

lifewater, Congrats on the new amp!
He he I know why you are getting so defensive! Last time another member posted about this, he got hell!

anm, OP has got vintage Wharfedale and Celestion speakers.

Hi friends,

Let me start by telling you that I am related to Amarbir as much as I am related to you all --- Indians and Hifivians. Hence please dont crucify me if I tell you that I am mighty pleased and over the moon with the service provided by Amarbir (LYNX) and also by the products he sells.

I have just now received a Qinpu A3 amp and initial listening for about 20 minutes just blew me away !!. Straight off beat the DENON PMA520 amp that I was using. Going off to burn it in and will write a detailed review about it after burning it in for 20-30 hours.

Till such time keep your fingers crossed. Also it is loud - very loud have not reached halfway through the volume pot an it is already playing party loud.

Cheers

lifewater

hi lifewater -

when you repaired the denon pma520 amp - you had a tiger under a lease -
inside the amp-

The biasing was totally wonky and after biasing the amp sounds as if I put a tiger inside pulling on its lease !!lifewater

now - if this new amp blows that denon amp out of the water - it must be a party lion - and massive attack!

regds

Last edited:
yes yes, tell us more. what speakers, what music? etc,. etc.,

Hi the speakers are vintage full range which came off a BUSH setup. Music mostly country and oldies.

Vinay,I think its time Play it Clear featured a budget tube amp!

Cap'n, I think they cost around INR12,000.

He he, posting the link to the Qinpu a6000 tube amp write up,

http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers...es-review.html
Costed me Rs 11,500 landed at Dibrugarh ASSAM. The review link posted is of the amp with 16W RMS at 8 Ohms, mine is 8.5W RMS at 8 Ohms.

hi lifewater -

when you repaired the denon pma520 amp - you had a tiger under a lease -
inside the amp-

now - if this new amp blows that denon amp out of the water - it must be a party lion - and massive attack!

regds

Yes Sir, but the qinpu amp can never match the DENON when it comes to very loud music and Thumping BASS. Also the DENON drives speakers of lower sensitivity with ease which the qinpu struggles. BUT in the field of soundstage and clarity it is a different ball game altogether. The speakers I am using are very very sensitive and hence the loud output.

The Chinese are slowly and surely making the 'white man' go down on their knees ..... :clapping:
Yes I guess so. All chinese products are not bad. Even my DENON AVR 1707 was made in China !! designed of course in US / Japan.

Congratulations on the new acquisition, lifewater. Pls post some pics of the set-up.

Thanks buddy. Here goes the pics taken with a crappy cell phone camera. Better pics in the review later. For those of you who are wondering what the black box below the DVD player is -- it is a isolation transformer with digital hash filter and surge suppressor made by yours truly. Interested ?? can help you make it.ImageShack Album - 5 images

Hi Pranjal,

Congrats mate. How much did it cost you?

Thanks Captain, Costed me Rs 11,500/- incl shipping.

what speakers?

Vintage fullrange which came off a BUSH setup.

lifewater, Congrats on the new amp!
He he I know why you are getting so defensive! Last time another member posted about this, he got hell!

anm, OP has got vintage Wharfedale and Celestion speakers.

Thanks mate. Yeah Yeah you are correct. Dont want to be bashed up before Diwali.

Hey anyway WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES A VERY HAPPY DIWALI.

lifewater ....
do nt use the amp in place of crackers ...
isolation thingy looks like alien tech device , can you
throw some light for us...:)

Aprt from the protection part - do you hear a sonic difference with and without it?

Yes I do hear a difference the treble is crystal clear and the Bass sounds solid and rounded. Most of all it protects my equipment from impurities of power.

lifewater ....
do nt use the amp in place of crackers ...
isolation thingy looks like alien tech device , can you
throw some light for us...:)

Yeah did not use the amp in place of crackers. The isolation transformer is a sort of power conditionerIsolation transformer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Answers.com - What is an isolation transformer

If you use an isolation transformer, you dont need a surge and spike surpressor, it eliminates ground loop which leads to humming and also protects your equipments from impurities in the power line. If interested I can help you construct one yourself very cheaply.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back