Kaiboer

Will Logitech Harmony good to control and configure my AVR ?? channel volumes, distance etc etc ??

Also can Kaiboer and TV be controlled together with it ?

Please do post your feedback.

Thanks

don't have it yet, but seen enough reviews and videos, and it is supposed to be the magic wand among remotes :clapping:
with one button u can program it to switch on the tv ur avr the cable settop box etc., but u need to program it first.
so the answer for ur Q is a big YES :)

Received the kaiboer 1055 plus,
observations :)
- looks good
- has played all the files i have ( mkv-4gb, mp4-4gb)

:mad:
- the tray for the internal hdd and the overall finish inside the unit is average(plasticky)
- The remote sucks ( have ordered a logitech harmony, so that should solve my problem with the remote)
- no english user manual ( the one i got was chinese)
- the power plug is not indian ( two rectangular pins)

:rolleyes:
i called Mr.bhandari with the problems quoted above and.....
- nothing can be done about the manual
- will send a adapter for the plug ( half hearted reply)

will keep posting as i my experience with this unit grows, by the way this is my first media streamer...

Sir,
:sad:please do not misquote me.
Regarding the manual I have stated that an soft copy in English is already included on a CD along with the unit.This was also specified by me on the listing under accessories.

We have already arranged for the adaptors and the same would be sent to you shortly.

Sir,
Regarding the manual I have stated that an soft copy in English is already included on a CD along with the unit.This was also specified by me on the listing under accessories.

We have already arranged for the adaptors and the same would be sent to you shortly.

aaah :), nice that u have arranged for the adapters, thank you and i take back the half hearted thing :eek:,
but about the manual, i think you should insist on a English one, i cannot go back to my system every time i need to know something although it might be very rare but i think its only fair that we get a manual in the language that we understand.
thank you
Arun

Naaaa..... I would go against tampering original thing.
Adaptor is the best way to go ..... ;-)

If you have one of those 2 pin plugs, believe me, cutting the cord and installing a regular three pin plug would be a far better option. These 2 pin plugs never fit properly even with an adaptor, and there is the always the chance of a spark, and of losing the connection in the middle of a movie.

I was getting tired of pushing the two pins plugs in every now and then. I have either replaced all the power cords, or simply fitted new power cords with a MK three pin plug on the one end.

Cheers

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if Kaiboer HD K530i is available in India or in particular Pune..?
While researching about K1055+, I have come across this which looks to be with chipset SMP8655 (better than WD TV Live), and internal HDD 3.5" support (same as WD TV Live Hub), and about 800MHz clock frequency (far beyond WD players).
But networking capabilities 10/100Mbps (much lower than HiMedia HD600 players or some other realtek 1185 based players)

Hi Guys,

I have Received the kaiboer 1055 plus+, Played Movies, works flawleesley, has played all the file types, i had on harddrive. But, Remote SUCKS...observations. Rest all looks good.

Regards,
Sam Sarna

Sir,

yet to recieve the adapter u arranged to be sent :rolleyes:, just letting u know, i don't need them now, thanks

Hi Guys,

I have Received the kaiboer 1055 plus+, Played Movies, works flawleesley, has played all the file types, i had on harddrive. But, Remote SUCKS...observations. Rest all looks good.

Regards,
Sam Sarna

Can you explain in which way the remote sucks? I'm interested in buying this player.

Hi baijuxavior,

The response time is poor,at times it takes 3 to 4 press , to quality of remote(shabby). Range of remote is not that great, few buttons don;t relate to function.

As far as the Kaiboer product itself and output is V.Good.

Cheer's

Can you explain in which way the remote sucks? I'm interested in buying this player.

Hi baijuxavior,

The response time is poor,at times it takes 3 to 4 press , to quality of remote(shabby). Range of remote is not that great, few buttons don;t relate to function.

As far as the Kaiboer product itself and output is V.Good.

Cheer's

update to the latest FW on the Kaiboer website, dated 20-4-2011 IIRC.
It has greatly increased the speed of response to the remote.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back