1.cardboard or mdf base made
2.metal is attached in 2 shapes
one round cut

second long for periphery

used superglue
and sanding to finish

if there is interest i will share more pics of the diy
It will be better if you share pics while its being made
I understand u glued two semi-circulqr alluminium plates bend two make a full round but what's the gauge/thickness of alluminium used ?? How you made the female part to accommodate the shaft.. Plz share the central part or inner pic

IMG-20220504-115844.jpg

Here is back side pic

There are many ways tomake the back side shaft hole

i used stacked 2mm mdf and dremel work to create a 'D' hole
due to several drops of superglue the mdf gets hard like hard palstic

===

Alternately keep a fat block of MSeal.
wrap the pot shaft in paper
push it in to make the D hole.
keep over night..it becomes rock solid

***important always make it at centre

so rotation will be perfect

you can even beautify the back side .
* do sanding
*put black solid hot glue (special stick is available black one)
*heat up with heat gun or tawa..in low flame

whole back will be like plastic black

IMG-20220505-213019.jpg

Two Knobs i made one has to get the black dot.
cost compare:
tanotis dot com sales bigknobs flr 485 plus shipping 140say
2knobs will be 625₹ x 2 =1250/-
Diy material cost:25/-
plus few hours of spare time
Great job man. Really appreciate how you guys find innovative ways to get the ball rolling. The knobs look really killer and add a DIY value to them .

Thank u.. It helps a lot
Anytime Kaushik 👍,in your spare time please make a video too if possible as the knobs look really cool and it will help people intrested get a better idea of how to go about the entire process. The drawings do not explain it in a detailed manner( atleast that's what I felt). Would also love to see if you have any other DIY projects completed.Cheers and all the best.

Anytime Kaushik 👍,in your spare time please make a video too if possible as the knobs look really cool and it will help people intrested get a better idea of how to go about the entire process. The drawings do not explain it in a detailed manner( atleast that's what I felt). Would also love to see if you have any other DIY projects completed.Cheers and all the best.
I will do in future , need to allocate time . but after few months .These days i am onto many things

I will do in future , need to allocate time . but after few months .These days i am onto many things
Hey chill out Bro.....that was just a request.....go ahead with what ur doing.....what I meant was whenever ur free n have time do it ....and record whatever u do basically....coz I'm sure ur good at a lot of other things too....will be nice to have things stored for you to savour later....😀....all the best man .

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back