KEF LSX II vs LS50 wireless ll

Venkyrenga

I am looking to buy a pair of bookshelf speakers for my small room of about 10*10 ft. I am trying to decide between LSX ll and LS50 wireless ll. Since I will be pairing it with a subwoofer I believe the bass will not be a problem. And I also heard some people say for a small room like mine LSX may be more suitable. Any help is appreciated

Have you heard either? Just trying to understand if you have any experience with the sound of either of them?

just google it and check out on you tube and then decide.
When in doubt , go for the cheaper one :)

I have the LSX II and I had demoed the LS50 before I settled on the LSXII .
There are some inherent differences between the two .
the LS50, you can do without a Subwoofer in a small room and the soundstage is larger and does sound like a larger speaker. the other big difference is the volume .
The LS50 does push out much higher DB's..
Don't get me wrong , but the LSXII does have good bass as well . But adding a Sub and crossing it at 60 - 70hz does free up the speaker
However in Nearfield. the LSXII is much better than the LS50
i am using the LSXII as a Desktop speaker( Nearfield) and have the KEF KC62 taking care of the bass. and I am more than happy with my decision .
In your room 10x10 and I assume you will be sitting no more than 7 feet from the speaker.
Save some money and go with the LSXII and pair it with a sub.

I have the LSX II and I had demoed the LS50 before I settled on the LSXII .
There are some inherent differences between the two .
the LS50, you can do without a Subwoofer in a small room and the soundstage is larger and does sound like a larger speaker. the other big difference is the volume .
The LS50 does push out much higher DB's..
Don't get me wrong , but the LSXII does have good bass as well . But adding a Sub and crossing it at 60 - 70hz does free up the speaker
However in Nearfield. the LSXII is much better than the LS50
i am using the LSXII as a Desktop speaker( Nearfield) and have the KEF KC62 taking care of the bass. and I am more than happy with my decision .
In your room 10x10 and I assume you will be sitting no more than 7 feet from the speaker.
Save some money and go with the LSXII and pair it with a sub.
Could you explain to me how the LSX is better for nearfield? Especially when LS50 has a better soundstage. I am especially concerned about the light weight of LSX. It is light even for a 4.5 incher. How could a 3.5 kg speaker outperform a 10kg speaker?

Could you explain to me how the LSX is better for nearfield? Especially when LS50 has a better soundstage. I am especially concerned about the light weight of LSX. It is light even for a 4.5 incher. How could a 3.5 kg speaker outperform a 10kg speaker?
It depends on the application .
For my use which is sitting around 3 feet away from the speakers . The LSX11 did come out on top . Because even with a slight Toe in the center imaging was spot on .
However with the LS50 the center imaging called for excessive toe, and to my ears seemed off balance, brighter and Fatiguing after a short listening session. It could have been a result of the larger tweeter 1 inch vs .75 inch or by inherent design by KEF. the LSx also performed better in soundstage depth.
it could also be the fact that I had the speaker placed 4 feet apart and close the to back wall As I wanted to replicate my nearfield application as a Desktop system.

When i demoed them Fairfield side by side . ( not too sure but around 15 feet away from the speakers and the speakers around 10 feet apart(
The LS50 did sound better.
Sounded fuller , could go louder and dig deeper. Wider Soundstage However the Sound signature between the two was almost identical.
The LS50 I personally feel would be better in a room that would be better in a room which is i120 -150 sq feet and placed around 1 - 2 feet away from the rear wall

I dont think weight plays a part on a speaker performance in this case. The LS50 uses MDF in its construction and has a bigger amp and bigger drivers and the LSx uses inert plastic. which makes it lighter..

I think you would be happy with either .

I am looking to buy a pair of bookshelf speakers for my small room of about 10*10 ft. I am trying to decide between LSX ll and LS50 wireless ll. Since I will be pairing it with a subwoofer I believe the bass will not be a problem. And I also heard some people say for a small room like mine LSX may be more suitable. Any help is appreciated
If budget is not a constraint, then go for LS50 wireless II

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back