Kodi video distorsion; help please.

noblejose

Hello,
I'm running Kodi in my Dell Precision workstation class laptop (i7, 16GiG Ram, 2GB nVidea); took the hdmi out to my onkyo AVR and AVR out to my TV.

Problem: I'm getting a blurred/distorted image area horizontally - though the entire width of TV. The distorted area is around 2" hight, full width. and its kind of moving - like you're playing a film real projector!
The rest all areas are crisp and clear except the affected area. Sometimes it comes in top half of the picture and some times bottom.

This is more evident in HD movies.

Its looks like some bandwidth issue to me? (but I'm using same HDMI cables from my Blu ray player, it works fine)

Your thoughts please...

Could this be a vertical refresh rate issue?

I had similar issues with my panasonic PJ; the images were perfect when htpc was connected to a TV, but bottom half went for a toss when the same was connected to PJ. I later found that it was doing 1920x1080@30Hz and not 60Hz. I manage to correct it in Kodi while connected to PJ and it was resolved.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back