Kuartlotron Error Correcting Super Buffer

I am trying to get a guy to make a pcb design. Should I contact you over pm if and when that is done, will it be okay by you?

Even I am interested in this. Maybe I could take this up. Any ideas on whats a good supply for this? crcrc with a cap multiplier? shunt reg? We probably need permission from the designer to take this up.

Even I am interested in this. Maybe I could take this up. Any ideas on whats a good supply for this? crcrc with a cap multiplier? shunt reg? We probably need permission from the designer to take this up.

You mean power supply I think as per the diyaudio.com thread it says 10v, hence I think people with DCB1 will be just plug and play as the voltage is the same.

See page 19-21 on the diyaudio thread linked on post # 1. There are a couple of PCB designs proposed by builders. Of course these are image files and not gerbers. But one could PM these designers for permission to use their board designs. I would also suggest to ask the buffer designer's permission if a GB is planned.

I am trying to get a guy to make a pcb design. Should I contact you over pm if and when that is done, will it be okay by you?

That should be okay. No problem.

For the PCB, Jean Paul makes a lot of sense with what he proposes in Post #257

Its good except grounding and power capacitor placement. For low signal buffer i would use ground plain or better segregation.
Let me try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its good except grounding and power capacitor placement. For low signal buffer i would use ground plain or better segregation.
Let me try.

Ground plane excellent idea.

Also we can be liberal with spacing between components and larger solder pads on bottom side. Thanks.

I'm working on cabinet for my Kuartlotron. Making 2 cm x 3 cm cutout for IEC socket in 1 mm thick mild steel sheet is tough work. I got fed up hacksawing so I sacrificed one of my cheap chisels. Chisel groove along line where you want to cut out, then bend-unbend many times along the groove till it breaks. File to smoothen. Works well:) But I had trouble with drill machine. I think it's about to give up its ghost. :sad: Rear panel sockets are yet to be drilled. Hope it last me at least till that much task:)

Also planning purely passive source selector with rotary selector instead of DPDT that I'd been using in my projects. This will allow me to have more than two inputs.

Also, I bought EI transformer to go with my second OPS board. Will try EI this time instead of R-core. Will compare EI to R-Core.

Joshua, I make marking on Aluminum sheet as per requirement. I create paper template and draw on metal. Then I make holes inside perimeter with prior punching. Cut the metal with small old screwdriver which is.not in used. File it to.perfection. i will send you pics.

Hole and pad on PCB come from component library. But i will try to superimpose new pads.

About EI transformer, it won't make difference unless powering phono preamplifier.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
BC550C and BC560C are low noise. Please note that 'C' in the name. It must come from trusted source. These transistors come well matched.
This topology acts nice for line level buffer, suppress THD. So I am not worried of 4V clipping etc.

I am also curious to build one. Once Joshua says good word about something, I take it seriously. :)

Last edited:
Back