Kuartlotron Error Correcting Super Buffer

For the PCB, Jean Paul makes a lot of sense with what he proposes in Post #257
I just replicated layout from post #266
Its good except grounding and power capacitor placement. For low signal buffer i would use ground plain or better segregation.
Let me try.

Tried hands on this layout. It is nicely done by DIYA member 'Project16'. :clapping:

Its aleady nice grounding layout post #266.

I just replicated it in software with some addition of 0.1uF shunt capacitors across PS filters. It has optional D1 (1N4148) and PS ground is separated with Analog ground.

Trimmer pad size doubled. :D

And it is okay for single sided PCB. That guy is genius.

jWDyZi.png

Edit:
Forgot to mention PCB size. Its 50.80mm x 57.15mm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Om, really nice.
Should you move R8 up and R4 down? Those 3
resistors will line up nicely, and some traces can be optimized.

Wishlist (culled from Jean Paul):
Stereo board
PS on same board (detachable)
Connectors for a potentiometer

Some WIP pictures:

Hole for IEC socket being cut away:

ugt2iDw.jpg

bVO0pYF.jpg

nmJa0JY.jpg

Tkd1ywV.jpg

KFuomJf.jpg

QEtZflc.jpg

WdLjLdx.jpg

0Fuwt7K.jpg

RUR8RDU.jpg

X1ac70O.jpg

All done and singing:

x2imnQj.jpg

Will relocate volume pot as it is too near PS board. Front panel on/off switch to be wired up. Have to figure out a good rotary source selection and wire up inputs 2 to 4.

I used a cheap steel cabinet but it is turning out to be much better than I expected. Size 12 inch wide, 8 inch deep, 3 inch height.

Wishlist (culled from Jean Paul):
Stereo board
PS on same board (detachable)
Connectors for a potentiometer

Ok l will try some low noise regulated PS with AC shunt after linear regulator. We discussed this in the past. Keith had suggested some circuits. I am not finding link now. But for this 10-12mA load we can do something special.

theaudiocrafts has some source relay type selection modules, they are good for the price, but you can easily make it on a veroboard, even a passive selection rotary will be good for this application.

sann, this looks exactly like the one I have had in mind for a long time. Any idea if there is a local source?

theaudiocrafts has some source relay type selection modules, they are good for the price, but you can easily make it on a veroboard, even a passive selection rotary will be good for this application.

For now I'm trying to avoid relay-based source selector. I have a kit and can assemble it but want to give passive rotary selector a try first. Thanks for the pointer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea if there is a local source?

No, it can only be ordered from glassware yahoo store. I am currently using stereo to mono switch from them and the quality of the PCB and the switch is outstanding.
John Broskie is well known for the Aikido line stages.

Joshua is making life difficult for us

The PCB designed by Omishra looks good. Do we smell some group buy in the near future?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back