Lakozy Now in Delhi

Who is designing the demo rooms? I mean, a design of an audio room is a very precise and intensive undertaking. Right amount of sound absorption, bass trapping, treatments of first reflection points and maybe even diffusion (on the back wall if the room is adequately sized, otherwise absorption) should be in consideration.

One of the things I saw in AV stores in my last trip to India, was the extremely high attention to looks over function. One room in a Delhi mall (name slips my mind), had a whole room that was completely sound absorptive wall to wall and corner to corner. He had B&W 800Ds with Classe electronics. The room was a joke and could barely "demo" the sound of the system (let alone the fact the guy was playing burned CDs and MP3s to demo. The whole concept of XRCDs with glass masters and attention to manufacturing standards with minimum block rate errors gone to hell).

My point is, please be wise in choosing WHO designs your demo rooms as they should have good knowledge on what material is being used and why. I feel sound quality should come first THEN the aesthetics. Just a few suggestions for you folks to keep in mind as these ventures need money spent wisely for best performance AND business costs.

Gaurav, thanks for showing your concern but we do have a sound engineer in our panel of experts and he has ample experience behind him.

Being audiophiles first we are not making the same mistakes as other commercial establishments do specially in this particular business. Our demo room would resemble very close to the real world rooms as that is where the sound matters. We are doing minimal acoustics but all the reflections are well taken care off.

By the way that showroom which you are giving example is A2V in Select City Walk, Saket.

Gaurav, thanks for showing your concern but we do have a sound engineer in our panel of experts and he has ample experience behind him.

Being audiophiles first we are not making the same mistakes as other commercial establishments do specially in this particular business. Our demo room would resemble very close to the real world rooms as that is where the sound matters. We are doing minimal acoustics but all the reflections are well taken care off.

By the way that showroom which you are giving example is A2V in Select City Walk, Saket.

Yes! Thats the showroom I was referring to.

I'm glad you guys are giving your full attention to the sonics of the room. Maybe you can have two demo rooms....one room that is more real world and another room that is reference with full attention to room acoustics.

I really feel there is value in educating a possible customer as to where things can go with an audio system.

I'm VERY excited about your new venture and genuinely hope to get a chance to visit you later this year.

By the way, I hope you get a chance to setup a good analog system for demo as well. Don't mind me if I end up staying longer in your room than normally acceptable! ;)

Yes we are actually going with 2 rooms, one for the 2 channel setup and another one with the multi channel sound which will give some emphasis to acoustics and asthetical impact as well.

As of now we are planning to showcase NAD analogue gear with Jadis Tube amps, and you are welcome to visit us whenever you are here in Delhi.

Congratulations to both of you.

I dont know how I missed reading this thread perhaps it was the bland title.

Best of luck and hope you guys do real well.

One suggestion, make your demo room friendly to audio and videophiles as most demo rooms of the good a/v rooms in Blr tends to be a bit more audio centric.

hi , want to visit your joint, please mail me your address and numbers your website is blocked by Norton and Kaspersky both

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back