Laptop for personal use

Thanks and I already checked the nvidia site. In Flipkart many laptops with gtx16 series have Hdmi version 1.4b. I suspect there are two ways the Hdmi port are implemented. One is the Hdmi port is directly integrated with the nvidia card which will have 2.0 version and the 1.4b version laptops are having the Hdmi port integrated with the cpu.some even have mini display po

Oh ok, wonder what are the benefits of doing so . Maybe something architectural.

Purchased acer aspire 7. It’s in the heavier side 2.2 kg but decent specs for 49k so went for it

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchased acer aspire 7. It’s in the heavier side 2.2 kg but decent specs for 49k so went for it
where did you purchase this from.

I see prices online are shooting up disproportionately. for eq a laptop that was recommended @ 46k in early august is about 57k now.

I would like to buy a laptop for my wife / daughter (who are currently sharing a laptop) but am unsure as to which one. More than paying more for a higher spec laptop, dont want to be a victim of price gouging.

Please do highlight any deals

thanks

where did you purchase this from.

I see prices online are shooting up disproportionately. for eq a laptop that was recommended @ 46k in early august is about 57k now.

I would like to buy a laptop for my wife / daughter (who are currently sharing a laptop) but am unsure as to which one. More than paying more for a higher spec laptop, dont want to be a victim of price gouging.

Please do highlight any deals

thanks
I got it from Flipkart. It normally sells for 59k but in big billion sale it’s sold for 49k. IMO it’s the best for 49k. 512 gb ssd. 8gb ram expandable upto 32 gb in dual channel. Gtx1650 nvidia gpu, 9th gen i5,wifi 6.Back lit keyboard and has bio metric lock as well.

Hi I bought this for 45990 today for my friend who may also claim 18% GST which if successful will mean final price of around 38K. Please let me how much will it cost to upgrade RAM by another 8 GB and doing so, will it void warranty? I know friends who repair laptops. Can they upgrade without voiding warranty?

Is there anything that my friend needs to know regarding this laptop..particularly the negative side? he will use it 99% for office work and hence gaming is not such a big deal

Hi I bought this for 45990 today for my friend who may also claim 18% GST which if successful will mean final price of around 38K. Please let me how much will it cost to upgrade RAM by another 8 GB and doing so, will it void warranty? I know friends who repair laptops. Can they upgrade without voiding warranty?

Is there anything that my friend needs to know regarding this laptop..particularly the negative side? he will use it 99% for office work and hence gaming is not such a big deal
Better upgrade it in the acer shop. Changing ram is easy but may void warranty if done in non authorised shops. Been more then a year and the laptop performance is very good. Battery performance is very average. Inbuilt speakers are also average and for office calls or for training videos it may not be sufficient.

Better upgrade it in the acer shop. Changing ram is easy but may void warranty if done in non authorised shops. Been more then a year and the laptop performance is very good. Battery performance is very average. Inbuilt speakers are also average and for office calls or for training videos it may not be sufficient.
Do we buy the RAM and take it to them or whole thing is done by them? asking coz we buying am sure will cost less. Also what would be approximate cost for another 8 GB RAM? Will the below suffice? May get them a bit cheaper in the Amazon/Flipkart Sale.

How to check RAM compatibility online? I went to Crucials website and did a check based on model..it is not a 100% match since flipkart page on the laptop has two codes. For the one ending with 75G below is what I got on Amazon. Pls confirm if its compatible..Will order today.

Last edited:
Do we buy the RAM and take it to them or whole thing is done by them? asking coz we buying am sure will cost less. Also what would be approximate cost for another 8 GB RAM? Will the below suffice? May get them a bit cheaper in the Amazon/Flipkart Sale.

How to check RAM compatibility online?
You don't have to get the RAM to them. They probably won't accept outside parts. Service Centers usually store RAM for replacement/upgrade. (They make real $$$ is there). Some brands do allow self RAM upgrade without voiding the warranty. But before you do it yourself, make sure you get an identical RAM (same/higher capacity) as the one currently installed. Memory frequency and timing should match for flawless operation.

You don't have to get the RAM to them. They probably won't accept outside parts. Service Centers usually store RAM for replacement/upgrade. (They make real $$$ is there). Some brands do allow self RAM upgrade without voiding the warranty. But before you do it yourself, make sure you get an identical RAM (same/higher capacity) as the one currently installed. Memory frequency and timing should match for flawless operation.
Thanks I edited my post around the same time you replied. I did do a Crucial check based on the model number..except Flipkart has listed two model numbers..hopefully both can take the same RAM. This is the one that comes closest on Crucials website

This is what Flipkart has listed..two model numbers

acer Aspire 7 Core i5 10th Gen - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650) A715-75G-50TA/ A715-75G-41G Gaming Laptop (15.6 inch, Black, 2.15 Kg)

Thanks I edited my post around the same time you replied. I did do a Crucial check based on the model number..except Flipkart has listed two model numbers..hopefully both can take the same RAM. This is the one that comes closest on Crucials website

This is what Flipkart has listed..two model numbers

acer Aspire 7 Core i5 10th Gen - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650) A715-75G-50TA/ A715-75G-41G Gaming Laptop (15.6 inch, Black, 2.15 Kg)
If you already own the unit, run CpuZ. It will provide you the complete information about the RAM currently installed. The rule of thumb is to get the exact one and populate the empty DIMM slot of your system. It helps the system to run in a dual-channel mode optimally.
1633315395560.png

Yes, there is one negative - it's Ryzen counterparts will have it for lunch, both in performance or battery life. Else all should be good. :p

If you already own the unit, run CpuZ. It will provide you the complete information about the RAM currently installed. The rule of thumb is to get the exact one and populate the empty DIMM slot of your system. It helps the system to run in a dual-channel mode optimally.
View attachment 62631
Hi.I ran CPU_Z and my memory tab is fully greyed out except the size which says 8 GB.

I plan to edit some personal travel videos in Da Vinci Resolve and hence having 16GB makes sense particularly if I can add 8 GB more for around 3K. THx

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back