Large tablet for elderly

arnprasad

Hi,

Today I want to order a tablet for my mom. I would prefer a bigger one since she can see a full page with large font size.

Basic specs I want for her is:

1) at least 9 inch screen
2) less than 10K since I dont think she is going to use it frequently
3) should take some abuse from my kids since they will hijact it frequently
4) Decent music player
5) Decent video player
6) Preferably have a 3G sim so that she can also make calls if needed (she has a mobile plus we got a landline)

Thought of getting her a laptop but she is terrified of using the mouse and hence touch screen is easy since I will download all the apps she will frequent like wikipedia, youtube...etc.

I dont want to spend more since I am sure my kids will break it or it will be sparingly used by her.

If I can use this for any of AV needs it will be even better.

For around 7K..Karbon has a tablet..on flipkart its got decent reviews plus the brandname is better then unknown chinese.

Please let me know any other decent alternatives. Thx

Karbonn Marvel Smart Tab9 Tablet - Karbonn: Flipkart.com

Normally I wouldnt buy a micromax or karbonn. After lusting a long time after the NExus 4 and realizing I have to wait for it forever, I bought a micromax canvas a110 3 mths back and trust me - all my friends who have samsung s2, nexus 4, even S3 - keep asking me what this gorgeous phone is. Even in buses and trains people ask me if its note 2. It may not really compete on specs and HD gaming and all that...but for basic phone including internet surfing, basic gaming and using android apps...nothing beats and its screen is too good. GPS works ok too. I have some issue with contacts hanging up all the time maybe because I save all my contacts to google sync..but apart from it I love this phone

Last edited:
check out the Zync Z-1000 and the Videocon VT-10 (No 3G sim) .
Pretty good stuff, personally have VT10- that rocks !

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back