LCD/Plasma within 65k

Hi,

i myself zeroed in on Samsung 40C630 for 62k but i'd also like some suggestions from owners here, i am not too sure about plasma because of the break in period and i heard it takes great maintainence for the period, so i zeroed on LCD, i also zeroed on sony 40nx400 for 60k, but i heard samsung 630 is better, any other suggestions??

EDIT

Ok after reading several threads i think im not ready for plasma yet it has several problems. So suggest me LCD. also how is jazz series?? also i'd like to know what pnel does samsung6 series uses, is it IPS?

Thanks for all troubles

Last edited:
Hi,

i myself zeroed in on Samsung 40C630 for 62k but i'd also like some suggestions from owners here, i am not too sure about plasma because of the break in period and i heard it takes great maintainence for the period, so i zeroed on LCD, i also zeroed on sony 40nx400 for 60k, but i heard samsung 630 is better, any other suggestions??

Please go thru the LCD / PLasma threads and dicide first if you wanna go for plasma or LCD . And what is your viewing preference .. ? SD / HD etc... Viewing distance and room lighting conditions.... Tons of threads with nice info is already there please visit the threads if you have specific questions on any model write back here ...

LGPK 550
Pana 42v20 threads have enough info for you to dicide.

Kittu

You can consider Samsung's 5 series LED as well. 65k can fetch you 40C5000; very good for SD and awesome for HD content. Superb color reproduction.

Hi,

EDIT

Ok after reading several threads i think im not ready for plasma yet it has several problems. So suggest me LCD. also how is jazz series?? also i'd like to know what pnel does samsung6 series uses, is it IPS?

Thanks for all troubles

Samsung uses VA based panels, not IPS. IPS is used by LG and Philips

Actually Philips now uses Sharp UV2A panels in their latest line of high end TVs (i.e. the 9705). These are supposed to have the color accuracy and viewing angles of IPS combined with the black levels of VA panels. Even Sony LED lit TVs use the same sharp UV2A panels.

+1 to above suggestion but big problem is , it is hard to find a nice deal on Philips LCD models.... And the Philips Arena guys are rude :mad:...............

Hi,
Even i was in ur situation when i started looking for a big screen.

I ended up buying Panasonic Plasma 42 V20 after demoing lcds & plasmas.

Its a full HD tv,has advanced neo pdp panel,all connectivity options.

I suggest u look this great product and decide.

It's been more than one month and i am extremely happy with my purchase and thankful to all tech gurus who helped me buying this beauty...

Cheers...

i am also planning to buy 40" or 42" HD tv
i hav budget of 70k
i mostly watch movies n viewing distance is between 8 feet to 14 feet
panasonic p42v20 looks good but saw a review on cnet which says that after long term use panasonic plasma loses black levels. somewhere after 1000 hrs of use.
Follow-up: Panasonic plasma black-level loss measured in long-term test | Crave - CNET

i cud see in variuos reviews ppl appreciate pioneer kuro plasma which is acquired by panasonic recently. but panasonic uses kuro only for VT model which 3D tv.

pioneer still uses kuro? are they better than panasonic plasma?
how much pioneer will cost in delhi?

Hi,
Even i was in ur situation when i started looking for a big screen.

I ended up buying Panasonic Plasma 42 V20 after demoing lcds & plasmas.

Its a full HD tv,has advanced neo pdp panel,all connectivity options.

I suggest u look this great product and decide.

It's been more than one month and i am extremely happy with my purchase and thankful to all tech gurus who helped me buying this beauty...

Cheers...

I have the budget for 42V20D but it doesnt play major formats like MKV and H264 encoded movies thru USB. So i have to purchase a WD TV. I am waiting to see if any price drops for diwali which will make 42V20D + WDTV = 65K

I have the budget for 42V20D but it doesnt play major formats like MKV and H264 encoded movies thru USB. So i have to purchase a WD TV. I am waiting to see if any price drops for diwali which will make 42V20D + WDTV = 65K

In my views, that's impossible unless you can wait for another one year.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back