LCD T.V 32" which brand to purchse ?? Help

silenceofdark29

:confused:hello Friends ,

I want to purchse a LCD TV for my home.i have a budget of rs 45000/- . At my home there is connection of TATa sky.
Usage of tv is (70% tata sky +20 % movies+10% gaming ).

I have few brands in my mind like LG Jazz,Sony Bravia,Samsung and Panasonic .

Plese suggest with reference to these points

1.Performance
2.cost
3.Durability
4.service

I want to purchse a LCD TV for my home.i have a budget of rs 45000/- . At my home there is connection of TATa sky.

1.Performance
2.cost
3.Durability
4.service

1.Performance- http://www.hifivision.com/television/2423-32-lcd-comparison.html

2.Cost Range -30 to 45k

Hi,
After auditioning a number of sets,I recently purchased a Samung LA32A550 inch tv.Brilliant picture and color.Usually lcd tvs have a red push/tint but the samsung has the whitest whites and Skin tones are spot on...Preferred it to the overated sony bravias.
This model is great with Cable,DVDs and PS3

You can also try the panasonic LX800 (not full HD).Picked the samsung for the extensive color controls which allow you to fine tune the picture to your preference.

Both can be got for within 45k

Last edited:
CAn anyone also compare LG jazz with Samsung 5 series .Panasonic 700 series is replaced by 800 series plese suggest ...where i can get panasonic 700 in india ...

1.Performance
2.cost
3.Durability
4.service

45K for a 32" seems a tad too high. Can you check out Panasonic PV8 (Plasma 42" not Full HD, but a great TV as many members on this forum will tell you). It will be available for around 50K or so meaning you will need to up your budget by another 5K or so, but you will be getting a great TV that's 42" and not 32".

45K for a 32" seems a tad too high. Can you check out Panasonic PV8 (Plasma 42" not Full HD, but a great TV as many members on this forum will tell you). It will be available for around 50K or so meaning you will need to up your budget by another 5K or so, but you will be getting a great TV that's 42" and not 32".

But ofcourse your room should be able to accommodate a large 42" screen. An average Indian home finds it difficult to accommodate 42" screen in their living room, due to space constraints. It may look great for HD movies. But it will hit your eyes hard when watching Tata TV etc.

Bigger is not always the better!

Samsung is a good choice. Otherwise go for Bravia V series if your budget permits, you will not go wrong.

Another LCD topic...

Gosh this particular Television topics are getting too crowded out here...

Bro just keep in mind...

When you are in market, before wearing your boots,
just check out what actually you are looking at...

Frankly telling you, budget is the last thing to consider about...
Once you finalize on a product that is perfectly suited for your requirements...
Then the budget maybe overloaded or even lesser, will be the last constraint, but atleast you will be happy with the product...

Anyways, in LCDs look for Sammy & Panny for lower budget, and Sony for higher budget...just keep in mind tht Sony's S & V & W series uses Samsung Panels only...but there Bravia Engine, makes the picture more brighter...

And in Plasmas, look in for Hitachi, Panny & Pioneer...

And yes if you have your viewing distance more than 11fts, than go in for a 42" Plasma, as it is much better than LCD for Home Viewing...

Happy searching, but dont get too confused...

Well i purchased Samsung 32" LCD 2 years back.Its very good, that too with PC input, HD picture is amazing. Well with tata sky tou have to maintain a certain distance or else you will be able to see the pixels.

To enhance the life of the LCD always keep the energy saving on and contrast little lower. Increase it during movies, this will surely enhance the life of the LCD.
The cheaper brands LCD's though may look a good catch will become dull sooner than the branded ones.
Try getting the bigger one you wont regret!

Can Any body tell me that what is the present Market cost of

1.Panasonic LX700
2.Panasonic LX800

Also tell how is what is the difference between Panasonic LX 700 and Panasonic 32LX70

Last edited:
LX800 is probably an updated model with some new inputs and features(not sure).From personal experience its best not to take tech specs too seriously...usually they are there to convince the buyer that the new model is a better buy.

Best way is to compare models and brands side by side and check which looks best to you keeping both TV settings exactly the same.You can do this at modern world, domlur.They have good sales people with sound technical knowledge unlike other showrooms.

My choice was finally samsung series5 because of the following

1.The most accurate colors on any 32 inch lcd

2.The cleanest whites and great skin tones (sony and panasonic have pinkish whites- check with scenes with snow)

3.Wide range of color controls to achieve accurate color calibration

4.Great response time of 5ms ( really helps with sports and action)

5.Better picture clarity with tata sky and dvds(sony is a real letdown in this area...my friend has a bravia w series 32inch)

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to help you make the right choice.

Finally its upto your personal preference.ENJOY YOUR NEW TV!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back