Leak CD transport

By sound quality they should sound very similiar. the additional price of the Leak could be due to the USB feature added to it,
And it looks far better.. :)

I am also interested in buying a CDT but very much confused between Audiolab 6000CDT Vs Leak CDT..if any one here can suggest who is having listening experience of both the CDT please

I am also interested in buying a CDT but very much confused between Audiolab 6000CDT Vs Leak CDT..if any one here can suggest who is having listening experience of both the CDT please
I have bought Audiolab CDT6000 from hifimart...it was delivered 2 days back..sounds very good ..balance sounds and able to read all old scrached CDs too.

Hi @jai1611 and @sanj

A quick query for you guys: have you faced any issues with the slot loader on the audiolab/leak? I’m referring specifically to scratched cds.
I’m looking at the audiolab as a stopgap fix, but am hearing (online, of course!) horror stories of discs getting scratched by the loader.
Your opinion on the matter would be most helpful. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reassurance, guys.
My entire collection is in cd format, hence the trepidation.

One follow-up query: in your opinion, would the Audiolab be an improvement over a Toshiba Blu-ray player feeding the dac on a CA 840C cdp?
The transport on my 840C has given up the ghost and, hence, tried the bdp as a temporary fix. Unfortunately, the sound is hugely underwhelming.
I get that these duct tape measures are a sub-optimal solution, but I’m reluctant to venture out at this time to audition a new front end. Hifimart appears to be a safe bet wrt ordering online.

Initial impressions after running the transport in for around 20 hours.
Overall pretty good - no obvious brightness / bass boost or midrange suckout. Transparency is pretty good. Tone is spot on.
My approach to selecting components is simple - will this make me listen to more music or less. So far, this seems to be in the more music camp.
Its good enough that I'm going to hold off on detailed comparisons etc till my new DAC arrives and gets settled in.

Looks quite nice on the rack too!
Hi Jai are you still using cdt? Which DAC you used

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back