LED Full HD TV 39" or 40". TV suggestions and buying online?

kartavya

Hi everyone,
So I was looking into buying a LED Full HD 39" or 40". I have a cabinet so width has to be below 930mm (36.6").
I looked around a lot and decided to divulge into getting one of the following brands.
1.Toshiba
2. Panasonic
3. Samsung
4. Sony

I visited a lot of stores where the starting price for a Toshiba was around 44K, Panasonic was 45K, Sony and Samsung were around 55K. However I came across a few sellers on ebay selling brand new Sony and Samsung 40" LED for around 40K ! Now, I have bought a lot of stuff from Ebay in America but I am not sure how trusted it is in India specially for such a big purchase and paying in advance.

Also I came across this website HomeShop18 which has Panasonic 39" TH-VMB6DM priced at 38K with a further 4K discount. Is HomeShop a reputed name to buy from online?

Have any of you made online purchases from Ebay or Homeshop? I am assuming Ebay experience will vary on sellers but Homeshop is pretty reputable from what I gather?

Models I was considering were
Toshiba P2305
Sony R452 Bravia
Samsung UA40EH5000
Samsung UA39EH5003
Panasonic 39 THVMB6DM
Panasonic L39B6D

Any TV suggestions fitting the criteria are most welcome :). Looking forward to your responses :)

Last edited:
Hi,

Would advise first to decide on the models that appeal to you in terms of video quality, sound output and overall features+performance. Best is to go to a Vijay Sales / Croma / E Zone and do a little window shopping...always the run the same channel..see a NatGeo or Discovery channel where there are greens, blues etc to see how it looks.

Next check for sound output..a front soundbar helps rather than amplifying your TV everytime...and finally the most important warranty....

After careful review and research I purchased a Toshiba PU series TV...Vijay Sales of course was selling it say about 5-8% less than MRP...I got it for almost 25% less with the same 3 year warranty from my Local TV dealer...Toshiba has 3 years warranty which I feel appeals more to me as LED TV have a shelf life for 3-5 years...This TV has a front sound bar, 28 Movie format USB reader, HDMI, composite, PC inputs etc...true value for money.....end of the day...it is what appeals to you and your wallet.

A couple of my friends purchased online from snapdeal and flipkart.....no issues in terms of packing and delivery...check the rates and order accordingly.

Hi,

Would advise first to decide on the models that appeal to you in terms of video quality, sound output and overall features+performance. Best is to go to a Vijay Sales / Croma / E Zone and do a little window shopping...always the run the same channel..see a NatGeo or Discovery channel where there are greens, blues etc to see how it looks.

Next check for sound output..a front soundbar helps rather than amplifying your TV everytime...and finally the most important warranty....

After careful review and research I purchased a Toshiba PU series TV...Vijay Sales of course was selling it say about 5-8% less than MRP...I got it for almost 25% less with the same 3 year warranty from my Local TV dealer...Toshiba has 3 years warranty which I feel appeals more to me as LED TV have a shelf life for 3-5 years...This TV has a front sound bar, 28 Movie format USB reader, HDMI, composite, PC inputs etc...true value for money.....end of the day...it is what appeals to you and your wallet.

A couple of my friends purchased online from snapdeal and flipkart.....no issues in terms of packing and delivery...check the rates and order accordingly.

Thanks ! Yes I was looking to go for either the 39" Panasonic TV's or the Toshiba 39P2305. I was told the PU got discontinued, so this is something quite similar. I am getting a Samsung 40" for 38K on Ebay but the MRP is 55K so it might be a demo version or something.

I am getting the Toshiba P2305 for 39.9K on the Croma online store, which seems to be 4-5K below the MRP and a good deal.

Last edited:
I would not suggest you to get a TV online as couriers handles the packages very badly doesn't matter how big or small they're. Sellers can also ship you a demo unit and there's a 75% possibility. Always buy from your local store even if you have to pay 2-3K more.

I would suggest you to go for Toshiba 39P2305 as it's got good review and you surely have checked it's PQ. They also provide you 3-years warranty which is a big deal too.

I would not suggest you to get a TV online as couriers handles the packages very badly doesn't matter how big or small they're. Sellers can also ship you a demo unit and there's a 75% possibility. Always buy from your local store even if you have to pay 2-3K more.

I would suggest you to go for Toshiba 39P2305 as it's got good review and you surely have checked it's PQ. They also provide you 3-years warranty which is a big deal too.

Yeah won't be buying online now. So I can either afford a Panasonic 39 or a Toshiba 39. Not sure which one to go with, but I am tilting to the Toshiba P2305. Does Panasonic give 3 years warranty or do I have to buy it?

Panasonic is not providing 3-years warranty anymore and their after-sales is horrible.

Get the Toshiba.

Panasonic is not providing 3-years warranty anymore and their after-sales is horrible.

Get the Toshiba.

I am getting the 40" Toshiba Pu200 at 42,000 and the 39" Tosbhia P2305 at 40K.
Any preferences? I know the PU200 model is older but the only difference seems to be the cricket series if I am not mistaken.

@Kartavya: I checked Toshiba 2305 at my nearby stores as well...while some quoted 40K plus, however, in few stores, its available around 35K, with 5% cashback on certain cards...would suggest you to search few shops locally and pick between 33-35K, it should not be any more than this. If you have e-zone in your city, do check, since they quoted me 33K without any nego.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back