Lets share on youtube

Just a lazy casual recording today when i was spinning my records, check out

excuse my naivety, is covering with cloth necessary for open baffle speakers, i have never listened to the second song, resembles like gham diye mustaqil by saigal for first couple of lines.

excuse my naivety, is covering with cloth necessary for open baffle speakers, i have never listened to the second song, resembles like gham diye mustaqil by saigal for first couple of lines.
I have covered with cloth for diffusion of rare wave to reduce phase error from the sound waves hitting the front wall. If I remove them the sound stage become too bright and airy. This is kind of a lockdown juggad. I shall be adding my controlled dispersion panel around June/ July.

Both the songs are from the album Gunj Uthi Shenai.

Baby Quads. I think my Samsung S7 Edge used to do a better job than my current Samsung S10 plus where sound recording is concerned. This was on the 10 plus.

Given your choice of music (from ‘Right now I am listening to’ thread) I was expecting solid wood furniture, and gladly found it!

Baby Quads. I think my Samsung S7 Edge used to do a better job than my current Samsung S10 plus where sound recording is concerned. This was on the 10 plus.

That display rules! Is a sub connected?

I have deliberately avoided audiophile tracks and played stuff that i love only otherwise it would defeat the purpose. Thanks.

You seem to like diverse music. Nice thread.

Missed to display my video entertainment mode in first post so here you go, this is recorded with a dslr as my phone was distorting the colors alot. Mic is better.

I want to post a video of my system playing some song here. But I understand posting a song on YouTube is construed as copyright violation. Any suggestions on doing this legally?

I want to post a video of my system playing some song here. But I understand posting a song on YouTube is construed as copyright violation. Any suggestions on doing this legally?
I uploaded a video of my setup to my Google photo albums and shared a link to that album. Not sure it that's a copyright violation or not though

There is no way of around this on youtube unless you own the music. But most of the companies have a contract with youtube that their music is licensed to youtube for use provided all the ad revenue is shared to them, youtube will mostly put a banner on video like "licensed to youtube by" and maybe put ads on video and all the revenue in the video is actually shared with the owner. There are alot of such videos on equipment floating around without issues. I think the agreement keeps the owner happy, he gets the money if there is any. Almost all videos i uploaded have a copyright claim which says tbis music belongs to someone else and i cannot monetize the video for me, thats ok i suppose.

Having said that yes its entirely the prerogative of the actual owner of music and if he wants he can defintely take the video down.

I dont know how it works for sharing on google. I believe it should be same, copyright owner has all the say in the world for his music.

Ok, hope this works. It’s a duet from Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s 1998 film, ‘Kareeb’ sung by Kumar Sanu and the baby-voiced Sanjivini Bhelande for Anu Malik. Enjoy the drama in the song. And don’t miss the saxophone-violin interlude in the latter half.

The simple chain: Yamaha CDX-630 - Audiolab 8200A - Castle Knight 2 (My Lyrita DHT is missing from the chain as it’s stuck in courier in its return from modifications by Viren). Pardon the juvenile recording with iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, hope this works. It’s a duet from Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s 1998 film, ‘Kareeb’ sung by Kumar Sanu and the baby-voiced Sanjivini Bhelande for Anu Malik. Enjoy the drama in the song. And don’t miss the saxophone-violin interlude in the latter half.

The simple chain: Yamaha CDX-630 - Audiolab 8200A - Castle Knight 2 (My Lyrita DHT is missing from the chain as it’s stuck in courier in its return from modifications by Viren). Pardon the juvenile recording with iPhone.

You've got rock steady hands, Sachin! Or was that recorded with a tripod/selfie stick?
Sounds really good to me and I like how neat your den is!

You've got rock steady hands, Sachin! Or was that recorded with a tripod/selfie stick?
Sounds really good to me and I like how neat your den is!

Thanks Jayant :D. It was hand-held presumably aided by iPhone’s image stabilisation. That cabinet was there before the system and I was joyed when the speakers I liked came in matching veneer. The Panasonic plasma in the center is the oldest of them all and very dear. The CXN on the left helps me stream sound from Apple TV to the stereo system while enjoying movies on it. Also, I am loathe to disturbing the living room arrangements by exercising better speaker placement, room treatment et al.

Last edited by a moderator:
The recording sounds top notch , listening via my Ananda headphone and the details,soundstage of your recording are just amazing.

The recording sounds top notch , listening via my Ananda headphone and the details,soundstage of your recording are just amazing.

Thanks. Glad you liked. Interestingly, your feedback comes after I have consciously shifted my objectives for the system from audiophile/hifi (detail, separation, sound stage et al) to musical (emotion, ease, timing) and made number of changes accordingly. So guess I haven’t sacrificed too much of the former in pursuit of the latter.

Thanks. Glad you liked. Interestingly, your feedback comes after I have consciously shifted my objectives for the system from audiophile/hifi (detail, separation, sound stage et al) to musical (emotion, ease, timing) and made number of changes accordingly. So guess I haven’t sacrificed too much of the former in pursuit of the latter.

The song certainly did connect well , until and unless it does i rarely go further on listening :) Also offtopic can you please PM me which stands are those

Recorded at my home in 2019 (only the preamp was different than at present) in one of the Kolkata audio meets . You can get the bass generated from Aviano by listening with a headphone. It is from Duet (1994) by A.R Rahman. Kadri Gopinath on fire with sax.

The system, starting from source, Win computer -> dCS Debussy -> Silvercore Preamp 324 -> Karan Acoustics KAS400 -> Tekton Design Moab.

Does the room have any kind of treatment done ?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back