LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

Netflix and prime have very good quality. Hotstar is VCR quality.
Video quality is good but audio quality is poor.
Where do you get 4k content then? For downloaded 4k content, can i play it from an external HDD or do i need to play it over plex for best results?

Sorry if the questions sound too basic. I am still a noob and still reading and discovering stuff
i will PM you.
can yo tell me how have you arrange it.I have called customer care the guy did not have any clue about demo.
Reliance digital and LG show room offered to provide demo but I didn’t take it. I made the purchase and the showroom by mistake sold a demo unit which they replaced

Any idea when C10 will be out for sale to customers? I almost bought C9 last month but someone told me to wait few weeks more for C10. I can wait till mid March but definitely not till April or May.

Any idea when C10 will be out for sale to customers? I almost bought C9 last month but someone told me to wait few weeks more for C10. I can wait till mid March but definitely not till April or May.

In India, expect it to arrive in June or July at the earliest. Plus, the price would be 30-40% higher than C9. It'll drop around the end of September. That has been the current trend.

As of now, there are no details about panel improvement. Filmmaker mode is simply all processing off. Dolby Vision IQ is Dolby Vision with AI brightness, which is one thing that you can't do with C9, as in the reference Cinema mode, AI brightness is greyed out. C9 also has HDMI 2.1.

How much better C10 would be over C9 then? Really hard to say till it's out and we get images of the panel structure.

Based on history the new models will mostly be launched only after April. And also the price will be huge, sold almost at MRP price and only be reduced during November. If you have the patience to wait and no budget constraints you can definitely wait for the 2020 models to be launched else the C9 is good VFM and for sure to keep you satisfied for 4-5 years and this is coming from a person who owns c9 and have 0 respect for LG as brand as i hate Korean brands.

Video quality is good but audio quality is poor.

i will PM you.

Reliance digital and LG show room offered to provide demo but I didn’t take it. I made the purchase and the showroom by mistake sold a demo unit which they replaced
I don't really find the audio quality to be poor. I think the difference between Dolby digital and HD audio formats is much more subtle compared to difference between video quality of DVD and blu ray.

There was no mistake. A TV does not go into a box from the wall and into your home by mistake. Although, I like your approach of thinking that it is a mistake. Life is much easier.

About 5 years back, I bought an LG plasma (famous for image retention). I got two demo units from LG store. Could easily see HBO logo. Finally, asked for refund of my money.

Has any one noticed heavy banding like this images? While watching movies and tv shows I don’t have any such banding. This mainly occurs when the app is opening or while the content of the app is loading. Noticed this in plex and Apple TV.
I think I have noticed it as well.

Yeah must be. In proper contents I don’t notice any such banding
I feel that this TV brings out flaws of poor content more than poor quality TVs.

I don't really find the audio quality to be poor. I think the difference between Dolby digital and HD audio formats is much more subtle compared to difference between video quality of DVD and blu ray.

There was no mistake. A TV does not go into a box from the wall and into your home by mistake. Although, I like your approach of thinking that it is a mistake. Life is much easier.

About 5 years back, I bought an LG plasma (famous for image retention). I got two demo units from LG store. Could easily see HBO logo. Finally, asked for refund of my money.
No way the difference is subtle. Netflix and Prime sounds decent in basic HTIB set ups and soundbars. In my set up the difference is day and night. No details and dynamics in the sound-stage. My wife who has no idea about HT herself asked so many times while watching contents in prime or Netflix why there is no clarity in sound. Same goes for Dolby digital vs Atmos or HD audio formats. You play a 5.1 DD or DD+ movie and the same in HD format on a basic set up you may find the difference subtle. This is my observation and i dont know what set up you have and it may be 10 times better then my set up and if that is the case you should defnitely notice the difference. And why i thought it was a mistake was i purchased my tv after checking 15 or 16 showrooms. My purchase process was very smooth and the sale was directly handled by the showroom manager. I found him very polite, professional and liked the entire buying experience from him.Price and offers he provided was way better then all the other showrooms even without me doing any bargain so i gave him the benefit of the doubt when he apologized and said it was by mistake. The replacement and installation was completed within 3 days so i was very happy overall and also won the panel lottery.

I feel that this TV brings out flaws of poor content more than poor quality TVs.
This TV for sure will give more details then poor quality TV's. And also we don't get paranoid seeing something bad in a low budget tv.

Last edited:
I have booked C9 55 inch. But i have second thoughts, mainly it will be used to watch tatasky connection and some streaming. Will burn in happen? Its for my living room decently bright room. Max viewing will be 3 hours per day. What to do? Should i change booking to samsung Q80?

Has any one noticed heavy banding like this images? While watching movies and tv shows I don’t have any such banding. This mainly occurs when the app is opening or while the content of the app is loading. Noticed this in plex and Apple TV.
View attachment 43315View attachment 43316
I am seeing this in apple TV app alone, on Netflix I have never seen it.

I some how find the Dolby Vision +Digital Digital (on my AVR in 5.1 mode) very low on volume compared to even Youtube which has really loud volume. Any idea if anyone is facing the same issue. Also is there anyone in Bangalore who can calibrate my TV? I am a total noob at this and I will be willing to pay.

I some how find the Dolby Vision +Digital Digital (on my AVR in 5.1 mode) very low on volume compared to even Youtube which has really loud volume. Any idea if anyone is facing the same issue. Also is there anyone in Bangalore who can calibrate my TV? I am a total noob at this and I will be willing to pay.
Source?

I have noticed that picture quality of downloaded 4k movies seems inferior compared to 4k content played through Netflix and Amazon. I am playing the downloaded content through a WD Elements HDD connected to the TV. Can anyone help with a solution?

I have noticed that picture quality of downloaded 4k movies seems inferior compared to 4k content played through Netflix and Amazon. I am playing the downloaded content through a WD Elements HDD connected to the TV. Can anyone help with a solution?

What's the size of the rips that you're downloading? On my 100 Mbps net, minimum download speed for 4k on Netflix I have seen is 7.62 Mbps and maximum 15.65 Mbps, which means minimum of about 3.5 GB per hour and maximum about 7 GB per hour. You'll need higher bitrate encoded Blu-ray rips to notice a difference.

Finally received 65" C9 today evening though the promise was made for Monday. It was installed quickly and so far I am loving it.

Attachments

• 20200220_185146.jpg
    20200220_185146.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 43
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back