LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

Bought a 65 inch C9 recently. The LG guys have just come to install it. There is a film on the front, but nothing at the back. The LG guys have said that it doesn't come with a film at the back...and it's definitely not a display piece. Manufacturing date says 9th January 2020

Nothing to be worried about right?

There is a flim on the back too, but it is somewhat difficult to identify it as there is no any peel off mark. By touching the edge you can feel it.

Bought a 65 inch C9 recently. The LG guys have just come to install it. There is a film on the front, but nothing at the back. The LG guys have said that it doesn't come with a film at the back...and it's definitely not a display piece. Manufacturing date says 9th January 2020

Nothing to be worried about right?
Mine had a back film(55"), but during installation, it wasn't very clear and it seemed like it's not there.

Installation guy told that it doesn't come with a film on back, so I thought it's fine.

After a day, I checked it again closely, the film was present. Just check if you also missed it like me. But nothing to worry about if the piece is new.

Has any one noticed heavy banding like this images? While watching movies and tv shows I don’t have any such banding. This mainly occurs when the app is opening or while the content of the app is loading. Noticed this in plex and Apple TV.
FAC213E6-349A-48DB-B1BF-C07B98B502A7.jpeg56F65378-BB3D-45CA-AA1C-E75F09080818.jpeg

Talking about apps, I've noticed a weird distorted background (like grey numbers or some weird distorting on the black ground)when Netflix app intro opens, just before you play the beginning of a episode). This happens only on Netflix. Any one having this issue?

Has any one noticed heavy banding like this images? While watching movies and tv shows I don’t have any such banding. This mainly occurs when the app is opening or while the content of the app is loading. Noticed this in plex and Apple TV.
View attachment 43315View attachment 43316

The app is probably using a compressed image for the background, leading to this issue.

Talking about apps, I've noticed a weird distorted background (like grey numbers or some weird distorting on the black ground)when Netflix app intro opens, just before you play the beginning of a episode). This happens only on Netflix. Any one having this issue?
I think I have noticed it as well.
The app is probably using a compressed image for the background, leading to this issue.
Yeah must be. In proper contents I don’t notice any such banding

Any idea why this is happening? @Marakk any thoughts?

Not really. Post an image if possible. I haven't spotted this yet.

Yeah must be. In proper contents I don’t notice any such banding

Don't watch Hostar. It's shite. Started watching Band of Brothers yesterday and then Watchmen just now. I'm going to download both and watch. So much compression and low bandwidth. Dark sceenes are a disaster.

Not really. Post an image if possible. I haven't spotted this yet.

Don't watch Hostar. It's shite. Started watching Band of Brothers yesterday and then Watchmen just now. I'm going to download both and watch. So much compression and low bandwidth. Dark sceenes are a disaster.
I never watch Hotstar, Netflix and prime. Audio quality is poorly in all. I never use any of the streaming services

G
I never watch Hotstar, Netflix and prime. Audio quality is poorly in all. I never use any of the streaming services

Good for ya! Netflix and Amazon are pretty good PQ wise though. Not sure I can notice the audio quality difference on a 2.0 soundbar, so works for me. It's convenient to use apps.

G

Good for ya! Netflix and Amazon are pretty good PQ wise though. Not sure I can notice the audio quality difference on a 2.0 soundbar, so works for me. It's convenient to use apps.
For sound bar setup Netflix and prime is good enough but in an Atmos set up it is very poor. Even atmos content sounds dull.

Where do you get 4k content then? For downloaded 4k content, can i play it from an external HDD or do i need to play it over plex for best results?

Sorry if the questions sound too basic. I am still a noob and still reading and discovering stuff

Where do you get 4k content then? For downloaded 4k content, can i play it from an external HDD or do i need to play it over plex for best results?

Sorry if the questions sound too basic. I am still a noob and still reading and discovering stuff
Netflix and prime have very good quality. Hotstar is VCR quality.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back