LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

The offer closed on 10th November. If it is 27th October then yes .. no problems. Your additional warranty card stamped by the dealer should be all that you need.
Thanks for response.Yes its 10/27 , sorry for typo. I do have stamped warranty card by Pie electronics . But dealer told invoice should be enough to claim warranty. I was hoping LG website should also reflect 3 yrs, it will make life easier to convince LG customer care in case of any support needed outside 1 yr.
Any body is seeing 3 yrs on their LG product page?

Thanks for response.Yes its 10/27 , sorry for typo. I do have stamped warranty card by Pie electronics . But dealer told invoice should be enough to claim warranty. I was hoping LG website should also reflect 3 yrs, it will make life easier to convince LG customer care in case of any support needed outside 1 yr.
Any body is seeing 3 yrs on their LG product page?
I too purchased on October end and tried to register the next day. It showed only 1 - 1 year. Then I contacted LG customers care for clarification. They informed me that even if the web site shows 1-1 year, it is 3 years for the eligible buyer and Invoice copy is enough for claiming.

So, no need to worry.

Eagerly awaiting your review.

I received the soundbar and connected to my C9 using the HDMI on the port 2 (ARC) couple of days. Changed the settings in the TV to external speakers and I set it to "Auto" and pairs very well. Initial impressions are very very good and improved the sound quality of dialogs and music is superb. It recognizes that the TV is on if not goes into sleep mode. When the TV is back on it automatically wakes up, very good feature. Tested with regular Hotstar and Netflix apps but yet to test a 4K movie playback of Plex and see how the movie sounds :)

I think it integrates with the TV nicely with just plug and play as the subwoofer is wireless. Need to find the sweet spot for the subwoofer but right now it is sitting right beside the TV on the TV stand. The price is now increased to 17999/- after the Amazon sale, so considering the price of 15k that I paid a very good deal at this price.

I received the soundbar and connected to my C9 using the HDMI on the port 2 (ARC) couple of days. Changed the settings in the TV to external speakers and I set it to "Auto" and pairs very well. Initial impressions are very very good and improved the sound quality of dialogs and music is superb. It recognizes that the TV is on if not goes into sleep mode. When the TV is back on it automatically wakes up, very good feature. Tested with regular Hotstar and Netflix apps but yet to test a 4K movie playback of Plex and see how the movie sounds :)

I think it integrates with the TV nicely with just plug and play as the subwoofer is wireless. Need to find the sweet spot for the subwoofer but right now it is sitting right beside the TV on the TV stand. The price is now increased to 17999/- after the Amazon sale, so considering the price of 15k that I paid a very good deal at this price.

Awesome! TV speakers are really limited. I have done a lot of A B switching with my Edifier B3, and even though AI sound does actually enhance the soundstage and the voice sounds spread out, but the quality is bad and sounds thin, harsh and bright. The soundbar on the other hand is tighter but the sound has a lot more weight and seems smooth. How's the surround mode in the soundbar? Test that out too. Mine is fairly basic. No virtual surround mode.

Mine is just a 2.1 soundbar so not sure if it can do surround sound :)
Maybe that is one of the reasons why the quality is very good as artificial surround via a soundbar giving 5.1 kind of effect will be poor unless you go very highend I feel.

Mine is just a 2.1 soundbar so not sure if it can do surround sound :)
Maybe that is one of the reasons why the quality is very good as artificial surround via a soundbar giving 5.1 kind of effect will be poor unless you go very highend I feel.

Yeah. That's why I saved money and didn't get one with that. Yours should have a virtual surround mode though. It's listed in the specs. Try it out. DTS:Virtual X in Yamaha had mediocre reviews.

Yeah. That's why I saved money and didn't get one with that. Yours should have a virtual surround mode though. It's listed in the specs. Try it out. DTS:Virtual X in Yamaha had mediocre reviews.

I forgot to post the main drawback of this soundbar and that is the tiny remote but with Chinese signs/alphabets :mad:
I will check online how to use the surround mode as the remote with those Chinese letters hardly makes sense to me.

I forgot to post the main drawback of this soundbar and that is the tiny remote but with Chinese signs/alphabets :mad:
I will check online how to use the surround mode as the remote with those Chinese letters hardly makes sense to me.

Oh damn! That sucks. Remotes being tiny is like a big problem with these soundbars. Good chance of getting lost. Chinese writing really sucks. That's shocking for a brand like Polk.

I think you should complain to Polk. They should send you a remote with English text

Hmm yes let me first complain to Amazon CC as usually they act promptly. If not will log a complain with ProFX as the box had there name as the distributor.

Attachments

• Polk Signa S2 Remote.jpg
    Polk Signa S2 Remote.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 22
Watching India vs New Zealand via Hotstar. Their live streaming is even shittier, but I still prefer watching on the big OLED screen rather than my Iffalcon 40" TV via satellite, even though that looks sharper.

Anyway, for those wondering whether cricket will cause burn-in, I highly doubt it'll happen at all for 5-6 years even if you watch everyday. Why? The graphics of the scorecard are different for each tour and league. It's not going to be be the same ticket over and over again. The areas of usage differ. Plus, logo luminance on high seems to dim it noticeably within a minute when it does stay on for a few balls.

Had requested a demo from LG, are likely to arrange for a 65" set by evening today - all within 2 days of placing the request. I'm trying the 65" to see how really big its is compared to our 43" plasma.

Any pointers on things I need to look out for to make best use of the demo period? Also, how long would the TV be at my disposal, 1 week?

Had requested a demo from LG, are likely to arrange for a 65" set by evening today - all within 2 days of placing the request. I'm trying the 65" to see how really big its is compared to our 43" plasma.

Any pointers on things I need to look out for to make best use of the demo period? Also, how long would the TV be at my disposal, 1 week?
I had a demo unit at my place for 3 days. First make sure you reset everything and it is not in store mode.

Bought a 65 inch C9 recently. The LG guys have just come to install it. There is a film on the front, but nothing at the back. The LG guys have said that it doesn't come with a film at the back...and it's definitely not a display piece. Manufacturing date says 9th January 2020

Nothing to be worried about right?

Bought a 65 inch C9 recently. The LG guys have just come to install it. There is a film on the front, but nothing at the back. The LG guys have said that there's no film at the back...and it's definitely not a display piece. Manufacturing date says 9th January 2020

Go to settings-about tv and check usage hours. I had a demo unit delivered and that itself had a film at the back. And also some demo units showroom doesn’t remove the film in front but they remove it in the back.

Go to settings-about tv and check usage hours. I had a demo unit delivered and that itself had a film at the back. And also some demo units showroom doesn’t remove the film in front but they remove it in the back.
Ok thank you. Will check

Bought a 65 inch C9 recently. The LG guys have just come to install it. There is a film on the front, but nothing at the back. The LG guys have said that it doesn't come with a film at the back...and it's definitely not a display piece. Manufacturing date says 9th January 2020

Nothing to be worried about. I mean, how much can they run it in a few days? Hardly 20 days old. Check usage hours. More importantly check uniformity. But before you do check uniformity, run this video:

Let it run for four hours on vivid mode. Then turn off power from remote but not the power plug in the wall. TV will do an auto compensation cycle for 7 minutes. The first few compensation cycles can result in major changes.

Nothing to be worried about. I mean, how much can they run it in a few days? Hardly 20 days old. Check usage hours. More importantly check uniformity. But before you do check uniformity, run this video:

Let it run for four hours on vivid mode. Then turn off power from remote but not the power plug in the wall. TV will do an auto compensation cycle for 7 minutes. The first few compensation cycles can result in major changes.

Usage hours is 0. Ok will do this. Thanks a lot

Usage hours is 0. Ok will do this. Thanks a lot
Ok strange that it didn’t have a scratch gaurd at the back. Anyways just make sure you test and confirm there is no defect with the product. My case the usage hours was at 360 hours so immediately the showroom agreed for replacement.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back