LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

Couple of quick updates about C9.

1. Sound quality is not at all good as already mentioned by FMs.
2. The supplied wall mount means the distance of TV is about 4.5" from wall. This is too much for me and I will look for alternate mount.

omg...lol...I did not notice it. When LG technicians' were installing it I was attending patients in my OPD.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Was the film on the back removed? Remove that too as otherwise it can cause overheating.

Couple of quick updates about C9.

1. Sound quality is not at all good as already mentioned by FMs.
2. The supplied wall mount means the distance of TV is about 4.5" from wall. This is too much for me and I will look for alternate mount.

Sound does suck. Even cheap soundbars from JBL or Edifier improve a lot upon it.

The mount does bring the TV forward, but it's a swivel mount. You can definitely get mounts with lesser extrusion, but do check if you'll still be able to plug in USBs and HDMI wires comfortably if you need that.

Was the film on the back removed? Remove that too as otherwise it can cause overheating.

Sound does suck. Even cheap soundbars from JBL or Edifier improve a lot upon it.

The mount does bring the TV forward, but it's a swivel mount. You can definitely get mounts with lesser extrusion, but do check if you'll still be able to plug in USBs and HDMI wires comfortably if you need that.

Film at the back was removed by me just before they put the TV on wall. LG guys should have removed front film or at least should have informed me.

Regarding wall mount I will give sometime to it before actually taking the decision. I won't be in a hurry.

Film at the back was removed by me just before they put the TV on wall. LG guys should have removed front film or at least should have informed me.

Regarding wall mount I will give sometime to it before actually taking the decision. I won't be in a hurry.

Also, check if the current mount has actually been pushed back completely or if it can go further back. It can flatten completely. 0.9" width. Not sure how much thinner a mount can get while still holding a 65-inch TV in place.

I think this is the model they supply.

Also, check if the current mount has actually been pushed back completely or if it can go further back. It can flatten completely. 0.9" width. Not sure how much thinner a mount can get while still holding a 65-inch TV in place.

I think this is the model they supply.

You can actually go thinner. Even though the mount itself is 0.9", about an inch is add because of the spacer/black thingy that engineers have used between the TV and the wall mount. That space can be saved with other wall mounts perhaps, including the simple no motion ones.

How to check lg c9 usage hours, the delivery boy started the tv but i could not find it in general—> about tv,
Can someone help?

What's the size of the rips that you're downloading? On my 100 Mbps net, minimum download speed for 4k on Netflix I have seen is 7.62 Mbps and maximum 15.65 Mbps, which means minimum of about 3.5 GB per hour and maximum about 7 GB per hour. You'll need higher bitrate encoded Blu-ray rips to notice a difference.

Yeah makes sense. Most of them are around 30-40 Gb...I'll try downloading larger files and check

Click on the TV Model Number in about Tv.
So actually i had bought two c9
One for myself and one for brother
When the installation guy came from LG i casually asked him to check power on time, to my surprise it showed 1293 hours. I immediately asked him to check the other TV. Thankfully it had 0 hours. Called Kohinoor from where i had bought the tv, the guy said how can it be a demo unit, the demo is installed in showroom, the. I gave him a piece of my mind saying i cant watch 1293 hours in 24 hours of delivery. I have asked for replacement to which he said he will get back in one day. My question is what to do if Kohinoor rejects replacement? Should I escalate to LG or just wait?

When the installation guy came from LG i casually asked him to check power on time, to my surprise it showed 1293 hours. I immediately asked him to check the other TV. Thankfully it had 0 hours. Called Kohinoor from where i had bought the tv, the guy said how can it be a demo unit, the demo is installed in showroom, the. I gave him a piece of my mind saying i cant watch 1293 hours in 24 hours of delivery. I have asked for replacement to which he said he will get back in one day. My question is what to do if Kohinoor rejects replacement? Should I escalate to LG or just wait?
1293 is very high. Yes escalate it to LG if they deny.

There is a new upgrade available for C9. Any one installed. I will upgrade based on feedback. Sometimes the new upgrades end up being buggy

Would you mind sharing the price in PM or in price post please

Since last 2 days i observed a peculiar behavior of my C9. It got automatically display on from stand by at around 2- 3 am ...
Has anybody observed the same !!

I am on 04.71.25 firmware.

I received a demo unit of the 65 C9 from LG shortly before the lockdown and fortunately or unfortunately i still have it. I did noice that both the front film and he back film are still on - now im confused if i should remove them or just let it be. Don't have e LG installation guy number to check this with - any thoughts?

I received a demo unit of the 65 C9 from LG shortly before the lockdown and fortunately or unfortunately i still have it. I did noice that both the front film and he back film are still on - now im confused if i should remove them or just let it be. Don't have e LG installation guy number to check this with - any thoughts?
If u have received a demo unit take a screen shot of the usage hours and send an email to LG immediately. Later when show room opens show the email and claim for a new unit. If you have the showroom manager number speak with him and check if it can be used till the tv is replaced. I also had a delivery unit delivered and had it replaced in 3 days.

Let me clarify - I have not purchase a new tv yet. LG sends OLEDtvs to customers to try before they buy. I received a unit to demo it in my house.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back