LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

Dv just looks like standard 4K in Netflix. Doesn’t have the high dynamic range at all

It does, but not every scene utilizes the entire dynamic range. Some shows are quite dark overall too, with pops only in scenes with headlights or fire or something, such as Ozark. Which show are you watching?

It does, but not every scene utilizes the entire dynamic range. Some shows are quite dark overall too, with pops only in scenes with headlights or fire or something, such as Ozark. Which show are you watching?
Lucifer, Dynasty, Daredevil. They just feel like standard 4K

Lucifer, Dynasty, Daredevil. They just feel like standard 4K

Daredevil is definitely in HDR. Did you get the Dolby Vision toggle? If yes, then I guess you're expecting an overall brighter image. Try Cinema Home then.

Daredevil is definitely in HDR. Did you get the Dolby Vision toggle? If yes, then I guess you're expecting an overall brighter image. Try Cinema Home then.
Ok I am not to concerned just wanted to know if that’s how it works in Netflix or only in my case.

Ok I am not to concerned just wanted to know if that’s how it works in Netflix or only in my case.

If you got the Dolby Vision toggle, that's just how it works. Some shows are infamous for being graded at lower average picture level.

Any settings that can help reduce picture noise? I do notice a lot of grains in some contents.

Which content specifically?

MPEG NR at any setting higher than low smudges too much for me. DNR, or whatever they are calling it, don't remember exactly, can be used at auto.

If it's Daredevil or Punisher, those shows have too much film grain added even in daylight shots.

Which content specifically?

MPEG NR at any setting higher than low smudges too much for me. DNR, or whatever they are calling it, don't remember exactly, can be used at auto.

If it's Daredevil or Punisher, those shows have too much film grain added even in daylight shots.
Especially in Netflix only i notice

Especially in Netflix only i notice

Can't be helped really. Reducing this film grain will smudge details. Daredevil even had this flashing greenish white dot on the bottom right corner. I first thought itsba stuck pixel or something on the TV, but then I check on the other TV, and it was there too. They went overboard with grain initially for some shows. Newer shows don't have this problem.

After I power of the tv using remote I get a electric hum noise from the tv. Has any one noticed it in their c9? It goes off after few minutes and when I turn it in again the same noise is heard. It is more prominent when I place my ear in the bottom near the speakers. When it is on it never goes of. Since my room is very silent I can even hear it from far.

Last edited:
After I power of the tv using remote I get a electric hum noise from the tv. Has any one noticed it in their c9? It goes off after few minutes and when I turn it in again the same noise is heard. It is more prominent when I place my ear in the bottom near the speakers. When it is on it never goes of. Since my room is very silent I can even hear it from far.

Does it happen when the compensation cycle is running?

I have no clue.

After turning off, if you hear a click within a few seconds, that means no compensation cycle happened. TV has truly powered off. On the other hand, when compensation cycle is taking place, that click happens for 7-8 minutes.

After turning off, if you hear a click within a few seconds, that means no compensation cycle happened. TV has truly powered off. On the other hand, when compensation cycle is taking place, that click happens for 7-8 minutes.
Ok I’ll observe keenly and update

There's a new post on reddit about this too. Check it out. Seems like you aren't alone.
So I played a Netflix show and muted the audio to check if the sound is present when content is played and yes that hum was present.

So I played a Netflix show and muted the audio to check if the sound is present when content is played and yes that hum was present.

It's the C9 coil whine then. You can contact LG to get the power supply replaced.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back