LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

Is it something that can be ignored? Cause in reddit they mentioned it got worse after replacement

Depends on you. If it bothers you while watching it, get it replaced. If you can't hear it while watching TV, can easily be ignored.

The noise is actually coming from the tv and not the power cable. The power cable is in the right side and I actually tested the left corner bottom of the tv

Power supply that's in-built in the plastic panel area behind the TV.

Some have reported it being louder in bright scenes or while gaming.
Ok but is there any source to confirm this is an issue that can be ignored and won’t cause any harm to the tv? If that is the case I will just ignore it

Ok but is there any source to confirm this is an issue that can be ignored and won’t cause any harm to the tv? If that is the case I will just ignore it

Since C9 has been out for only a year, how to be sure that it won't cause a problem two years down the road? I haven't read any report where this caused the TV to go bad. Power supplies humming is pretty common. I don't see it as being something that can cause an issue later. If you want peace of mind, get it replaced.

Hello, Fellow hfv members..
I just thought of share this one of the anticipated comparison videos to C9 users and whoever on the market looking for the OLED.... LG C9 VS CX.. Check this out

The differences even out for now but CX will age to be a better product.
Yes, will get frequent firmware updates also, LG stop giving updates for their oleds max in 3 years span & abandon the product updates even if there are bugs. Sony doesn't do that & have more good updates with new features cause of the android OS they run on their oleds. My next Tv will be a Sony oled for sure.

I am craving a Sony. The A9G is surely better to my eyes than a C9. It is the Sony X1 Ultimate processor. You have to see them next to each other. Only if Sony had priced it more sensibly :)
I did side by side comparison before getting the c9. I am a Sony fan boy and lg hater. In showrooms the c9 looks very poor due to poor calibration. The c9 is brighter then Sony and in the bright showrooms I had to change the picture mode to vivid is Sony as the other modes where not bright enough to keep up in a bright environment . Sony better upscaling,motion, sharpness and slightly better in colour accuracy but c9 isn’t far behind. But is that marginal improvements worth that price difference? Definitely not IMO. If Sony is 100% good then the c9 is 95-96% good to Sony and better at certain areas such as brightness along with VRR, g sync Hdmi 2.1 which is huge for gamers. So that 4-5% improvement in upscaling, motion and colour accuracy is worth considering if the price difference is 10-20k but over a lakh? IMO it’s a waste of money. Trust me I hate lg and have been using Sony for 15 years and I don’t even go near the cheap Korean brands. In showrooms the c9 is horrible and pathetic. You need to make a lot of changes to bring the best out of c9 where as the Sony out of the box standard settings is enough to look the best.

Last edited:
I did side by side comparison before getting the c9. I am a Sony fan boy and lg hater. In showrooms the c9 looks very poor due to poor calibration. The c9 is brighter then Sony and in the bright showrooms I had to change the picture mode to vivid is Sony as the other modes where not bright enough to keep up in a bright environment . Sony better upscaling,motion, sharpness and slightly better in colour accuracy but c9 isn’t far behind. But is that marginal improvements worth that price difference? Definitely not IMO. If Sony is 100% good then the c9 is 95-96% good to Sony and better at certain areas such as brightness along with VRR, g sync Hdmi 2.1 which is huge for gamers. So that 4-5% improvement in upscaling, motion and colour accuracy is worth considering if the price difference is 10-20k but over a lakh? IMO it’s a waste of money. Trust me I hate lg and have been using Sony for 15 years and I don’t even go near the cheap Korean brands. In showrooms the c9 is horrible and pathetic. You need to make a lot of changes to bring the best out of c9 where as the Sony out of the box standard settings is enough to look the best.

Plus, when it comes to OLED, LG has actually been better in terms of resolving issues and replacing burnt-in panels too for 2016 and 2017 series owners, even if it requires some persuasion. Sony and even Panasonic have refused point blank. Sony OLEDs also have more drastic ABL and inbuilt Dolby Vision via apps is darker.

With 2020 models, Black Frame Insertion will also make motion processing advantages redundant because now instead of motion interpolation, you can use BFI at Low.

Plus, when it comes to OLED, LG has actually been better in terms of resolving issues and replacing burnt-in panels too for 2016 and 2017 series owners, even if it requires some persuasion. Sony and even Panasonic have refused point blank. Sony OLEDs also have more drastic ABL and inbuilt Dolby Vision via apps is darker.

With 2020 models, Black Frame Insertion will also make motion processing advantages redundant because now instead of motion interpolation, you can use BFI at Low.
Yeah I don’t want to boost a tv that I own I just want every one to understand that don’t judge by showroom. If going by showroom performance even some average tv’s will look better then c9. In some showrooms I even wondered if this is really a flagship oled model. The c9 was that bad. Out of the box settings in c9 has sharpness, colour and brightness very low with the colour temperature set to the max warm. This gives a washed out and pale image. In Sony it’s the other way around in fact my previous tv I did no calibration and used out of the box standard picture mode which was good enough with some minor tweaks.

Yeah I don’t want to boost a tv that I own I just want every one to understand that don’t judge by showroom. If going by showroom performance even some average tv’s will look better then c9. In some showrooms I even wondered if this is really a flagship oled model. The c9 was that bad. Out of the box settings in c9 has sharpness, colour and brightness very low with the colour temperature set to the max warm. This gives a washed out and pale image. In Sony it’s the other way around in fact my previous tv I did no calibration and used out of the box standard picture mode which was good enough with some minor tweaks.

OOTB, C9 scored better than A8G. Until and unless we're talking of the same mode set to same settings, it's tough to draw conclusions. What settings are you now using for SDR?

OOTB, C9 scored better than A8G. Until and unless we're talking of the same mode set to same settings, it's tough to draw conclusions. What settings are you now using for SDR?
For SDR I use technicolor.

For SDR I use technicolor.

I meant, what sharpness and color settings? Brightness we have been through before. It's the black level setting. Color (50) and sharpness (10) at default in accurate modes is actually the ideal one. So I don't get why you think they are too low. Of course, some modes actually have color gamut set to (force) wide, which pushes all content to wider color gamut. That has to be the same on both sets for a comparison.

Last edited:

" Obviously, there will be panel variations between C9 TVs that the public purchase, but if they get close to the out of the box results here, then LG are certainly pushing Panasonic for the out of the box accuracy crown."

With C9's advanced processor color accuracy is great. It is actually helpful over B9 in two confirmed areas, faster stabilization of motion artifacts and better color accuracy, including better correction of loss of saturation at higher brigthness.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back