LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

Cinema works. You'll get used go the brightness. Worry not. For now, you can try turning peak brightness to medium if you feel it's too bright. Or even low if you want. Ramp it up later. I have never gotten eye strain from HDR after I got used to it. SDR however still gives me eye strain if I increase the OLED light too much.

Also, Technicolor mode allows AI brightness to be toggled. You can use that too. It won't lower the brightness below Cinema mode, but it'll increase it for day viewing in a smarter manner by adjusting the time curve. The white balance is on Warm 1 in Techinicolor if I'm not mistaken. Switch to Warm 2 if you want to most accurate one.

Oh! Switch off dynamic tone mapping. That also brighten some shows more than what was intended by the colorists.

Cough cough :p

Ok good that there is no strain. For HDR I have disabled peak brightness. The right settings is Oled light at max. Even I found it very bright and initially reduced it to 70 but after researching found out that the right settings for HDR is Oled light at 100. If it’s to bright for you try disabling peak brightness and if still it’s bright you can try disabling tone mapping as well. If still it’s causing strain reduce Oled light to 70

Cough cough cough cough :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200630_123832.jpg
    Screenshot_20200630_123832.jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 38
Hello All,
I am looking to buy a 65 inch TV. mostly X950G or c9
I know that c9 is superior in everyway to x950G. due to my way of watching habits I am more worried and leaning towards X950G.
And now I wanted to wait for X950H or X900H after seeing the overwhelming feedback from the owners on AVSForums.
I heard that the HDR and other picture processing elements on C9 aren't as good as on X9xx series. especially with HDR Tone mapping.
is it true? does LG blows all the brightness to maximum while playing HDR instead of increasing the brightness only to the portion of highlights? did anybody noticed this on their c9? please confirm. this is quite a concern to me.

Thanks,

Hello All,
I am looking to buy a 65 inch TV. mostly X950G or c9
I know that c9 is superior in everyway to x950G. due to my way of watching habits I am more worried and leaning towards X950G.
And now I wanted to wait for X950H or X900H after seeing the overwhelming feedback from the owners on AVSForums.
I heard that the HDR and other picture processing elements on C9 aren't as good as on X9xx series. especially with HDR Tone mapping.
is it true? does LG blows all the brightness to maximum while playing HDR instead of increasing the brightness only to the portion of highlights? did anybody noticed this on their c9? please confirm. this is quite a concern to me.

Thanks,

Errr....where did you read such a ludicrous thing? C9 has HGIG too which you can use while gaming in HDR to ensure that tone mapping is upto the standard being set. Haven't had any issues in games I have played yet.

X950H gets my vote over X950G because of wide-angle filter on 55 and 65 inch models on the H one. Does X950H have HDMI 2.1 one though? I don't remember it having that. If you're gaming via PC, VRR is a dream. So smooth.

Also, Sony TVs have high lag while gaming. Do check that out too.

Last edited:
@Marakk / @Love4sound : Any idea about yamaha YHT 1840.
1: Will it be better than soundbar....? the price for the same is coming almost similiar
2: is the speakers are wireless..? and is it mandatory to keep the rear speaker on back of my sitting area [ stupid question :p)
3: How this is connected to TV ..? through HDMI arc..

1: Will it be better than soundbar....? the price for the same is coming almost similiar
2: is the speakers are wireless..? and is it mandatory to keep the rear speaker on back of my sitting area [ stupid question :p)

No idea if it'll be better than Samsung soundbar with rear speakers or not.

Audiosciencereview has been throwing light on a lot of speakers that are absolute shit, inspite of popularity or even cost, so I can't trust any whose performance hasn't been measured.

For the soundbar, you at least have Rtings and know performance is acceptable, if not the best. With tiny HTIB speakers, who knows what shit you'll get.

@Marakk / @Love4sound : How much hot screen can reach after watching it for 1 hour..? today i felt screen is getting much hotter after using continuously for 1.5 hours.
Is there anything i want to look for..?

@Marakk / @Love4sound : How much hot screen can reach after watching it for 1 hour..? today i felt screen is getting much hotter after using continuously for 1.5 hours.

Nope. Just remove the plastic from both sides. Nothing else needed. It's normal operation.

Errr....where did you read such a ludicrous thing? C9 has HGIG too which you can use while gaming in HDR to ensure that tone mapping is upto the standard being set. Haven't had any issues in games I have played yet.

X950H gets my vote over X950G because of wide-angle filter on 55 and 65 inch models on the H one. Does X950H have HDMI 2.1 one though? I don't remember it having that. If you're gaming via PC, VRR is a dream. So smooth.

Is the H series even available in India? I do not see it anywhere as of now.

The yht1840 is a decent HTIB. Only draw back is it has passive subwoofer. If u can extend budget go for 3072. I will always prefer avr speaker combo over a soundbar. Speakers are not wireless. You can connect it to the tv using Hdmi

I have used it continuously for 4-5 hours. I use AC always so it helps. Never noticed it getting hot.

2020 models launched last year in late July and then came to stores somewhere in August. Let's see if corona changes things.
You mean 2019 Models? I saw some threads on Reddit where people are returning their B9/C9 for X900H due to the vertical banding issues in the OLEDs. Any comments?

You mean 2019 Models? I saw some threads on Reddit where people are returning their B9/C9 for X900H due to the vertical banding issues in the OLEDs. Any comments?

Lol! Yeah...2019 ones. Whoops!

DSE with FALD. Dark grey banding with OLEDs. Pick your poison. There are ample threads of people returning multiple FALD sets, even Q90R, before turning to OLED. There's lottery involved in both.

For me personally, dark grey banding is less of an issue than DSE. Latter is visible in a lot more scenarios.

Thanks for responding. I'm more into watching movies, TV series and some DTH. I'm not going to connect my PC as I have a dedicated space for it with 144hz samsung QLED monitor. And I may get the console like ps5 in future but definitely not now. My whole usage would be watching content alone. Do you recommend x950H over c9?
And I don't really understand these weird moves from sony. On their website they show only 75".
I don't even know if sony is going to launch this TV in 65"

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back