LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

@Marakk

These are my display settings for sdr, which I will be using during morning time and night times with decent light

I am just feeling lack of sharpness on the images.

Attachments

• IMG_2020-06-28_11-19-59.JPG
    IMG_2020-06-28_11-19-59.JPG
    660.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2020-06-28_11-21-06.JPG
    IMG_2020-06-28_11-21-06.JPG
    478.5 KB · Views: 20
@Marakk

These are my display settings for sdr, which I will be using during morning time and night times with decent light

If u feel sharpness is less increase it from 10. I have kept mine at 20. Also I see that U disabled tru motion. Are u not getting any eye fatigue with motion disabled cause it stutters like hell

@Marakk

Sharpness at 10 is the default setting where no edge-enhancement is being applied, just anti-aliasing. That's what I remember at least. So you're fine keeping it there. You can bump it up to 20 if you want to add sharpness in processing.

Anyway, lack of sharpness on what content? 720p, 1080p or 4k?

So a lot of lower end TVs, and some higher-end ones too, add sharpness in post even at default settings, and it can't be turned off. So if coming from a set like that, you might see it as being less sharp, but know that it's doing its job like it should at Sharpness 10; display image like it is while ensuring text looks smooth. That's where I have kept it. That's where calibrators recommend keeping it. Go higher if you like that, but too much shaprness in post can add artifacts. So be cautious. 15-20 should be fine for daily use. 25-30 for me is really pushing it too far.

Sharpness at 10 is the default setting where no edge-enhancement is being applied, just anti-aliasing. That's what I remember at least. So you're fine keeping it there. You can bump it up to 20 if you want to add sharpness in processing.

Anyway, lack of sharpness on what content? 720p, 1080p or 4k?

So a lot of lower end TVs, and some higher-end ones too, add sharpness in post even at default settings, and it can't be turned off. So if coming from a set like that, you might see it as being less sharp, but know that it's doing its job like it should at Sharpness 10; display image like it is while ensuring text looks smooth. That's where I have kept it. That's where calibrators recommend keeping it. Go higher if you like that, but too much shaprness in post can add artifacts. So be cautious. 15-20 should be fine for daily use. 25-30 for me is really pushing it too far.
For prime contents( I guess it is 4k) , I will increase the Sharpness and check.

And for night viewing , same settings with oled light as 30 should be good for eyes right..?

For prime contents( I guess it is 4k) , I will increase the Sharpness and check.

And for night viewing , same settings with oled light as 30 should be good for eyes right..?

Amazon prime has shows in all resolutions, depending on the production. Info button doesn't show resolution info om Amazon for me, but does on Netflix. You can check that there too. I use LG app for info button. There's a shortcut on remote too, but it requires pressing 3-4 buttons.

Yes! 30 and 2.4 gamma should be enough for night.

For resolution info:

Pick up your magic remote. Shake it until you get a pointer on the tv screen. Press the little scroll wheel button down. This should display the input source in the upper left corner such as "HDMI1". Then motion with the remote until the pointer is over that "HDMI1" and press the little scroll wheel again. That should show the information about that source.
Original Content From: https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/3679-how-do-i-know-what-resolution-is-being-displayed/

Not sure if this will work for Netflix and internal apps. There's actually one more way by pressing the three dots on the remote and then from there selecting info. Will test later and report.

Smooth will have soap effects and add lot of artifacts. Keep it in clear and also smooth motion can cause eye strain.
Thanks will do that , so rest of the settings will be similar to yours right..?

And for hdr , I am using the default one which is coming.

Thanks will do that , so rest of the settings will be similar to yours right..?

And for hdr , I am using the default one which is coming.
Can’t say it’s similar to mine. I disable super resolution and also use warm1. Colour gamut I use wide, contrast 100 and brightness at 49.This is for SDR in cinema mode. Motion I use user and set de-judder to 5 and de-blur 2

Can’t say it’s similar to mine. I disable super resolution and also use warm1. Colour gamut I use wide, contrast 100 and brightness at 49.This is for SDR in cinema mode. Motion I use user and set de-judder to 5 and de-blur 2
What about oled motion

It’s good but at certain scenes it will cause the screen to flicker better to disable it
I just copied your setttings , but i kept warm2 and colour gamut as auto . Now the eye strain is almost nill for me. thanks a lot.

But for HDR content on night , it is super bright , did u reduced the OLED brightness..? or using in the same level

I just copied your setttings , but i kept warm2 and colour gamut as auto . Now the eye strain is almost nill for me. thanks a lot.

But for HDR content on night , it is super bright , did u reduced the OLED brightness..? or using in the same level
Ok good that there is no strain. For HDR I have disabled peak brightness. The right settings is Oled light at max. Even I found it very bright and initially reduced it to 70 but after researching found out that the right settings for HDR is Oled light at 100. If it’s to bright for you try disabling peak brightness and if still it’s bright you can try disabling tone mapping as well. If still it’s causing strain reduce Oled light to 70

Ok good that there is no strain. For HDR I have disabled peak brightness. The right settings is Oled light at max. Even I found it very bright and initially reduced it to 70 but after researching found out that the right settings for HDR is Oled light at 100. If it’s to bright for you try disabling peak brightness and if still it’s bright you can try disabling tone mapping as well. If still it’s causing strain reduce Oled light to 70
Sure let me try that. what about sound setting , i kept everthing as default with "boost bass" option

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back