LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

Budget around 20k , prefer to have sound bar but i heard there can be lip syncing issue

I don't think that issue is common at all. Literally millions of soundbars out there, and I have had two without any issue. I'll recommend Samsung R650. 3.1 soundbar with good sound quality, and you can import and add wireless rear speakers later if needed. Unfortunately they aren't selling those here in India, but I did complain to their CEO, so maybe things will change. I doubt anytime soon though, so I have ordered from Amazon.com

I don't think that issue is common at all. Literally millions of soundbars out there, and I have had two without any issue. I'll recommend Samsung R650. 3.1 soundbar with good sound quality, and you can import and add wireless rear speakers later if needed. Unfortunately they aren't selling those here in India, but I did complain to their CEO, so maybe things will change. I doubt anytime soon though, so I have ordered from Amazon.com

What about these models

What about these models

Samsung Q60R over all of these. That's a 5.1 setup. Not only a center channel, but also two side firing channels as for surrounds as part of their acoustic beam tech.

Samsung Q60R over all of these. That's a 5.1 setup. Not only a center channel, but also two side firing channels as for surrounds as part of their acoustic beam tech.

Does it have dolby atmos..? or it is not worth get at this price range..?

Does it have dolby atmos..? or it is not worth get at this price range..?

It doesn't have Dolby Atmos, but the bars that do within even 60k in India, including Z9F, have virtual Atmos, which isn't that effective at all. Within your budget, X8500 or Philips TAPB603 are your options. The former has many reviews mentioning dark and muddy sound, especially bass. The latter doesn't have enough reviews to be sure about it. Can take a chance on it though. I almost did. Center channel is vital even more so when using virtual surround, as you want clear dialogues without a lot of DSP processing.

Q60R's acoustic beam speakers create a taller soundstage on their own, which they do without harming vocals. The soundstage is wide and spacious. No upfiring for Atmos though. Plus you get a 7-band EQ to tune it to your liking. Like consider the benefits you get over any of these bars, at a cheaper cost! Plus, I have been using it since a week. I'll recommend it for sure.

It doesn't have Dolby Atmos, but the bars that do within even 60k in India, including Z9F, have virtual Atmos, which isn't that effective at all. Within your budget, X8500 or Philips TAPB603 are your options. The former has many reviews mentioning dark and muddy sound, especially bass. The latter doesn't have enough reviews to be sure about it. Can take a chance on it though. I almost did. Center channel is vital even more so when using virtual surround, as you want clear dialogues without a lot of DSP processing.

Q60R's acoustic beam speakers create a taller soundstage on their own, which they do without harming vocals. The soundstage is wide and spacious. No upfiring for Atmos though. Plus you get a 7-band EQ to tune it to your liking. Like consider the benefits you get over any of these bars, at a cheaper cost! Plus, I have been using it since a week. I'll recommend it for sure.

couple of doubts , how you are conecting to speaker from c9..? through HDMI or with bluetooth
And what about HDR content which having atmos sound , will it channel through external speaker..?

And one more , what is the price you got the product..?

One doubt , how you are conecting to speaker from c9..? through HDMI or with bluetooth
And what about HDR content which having atmos sound , will it channel through external speaker..?

Via HDMI ARC. Turns on and off along with TV itself. Atmos sound should be mixed with surrounds for 5.1 playback. Plus, rear speakers can also be added, even if thy have to be ordered from abroad for now. At least the option is there. It's an all round winner. I had a budget of 90k plus, but I decided that along with the rear speakers, Q60R will offer at 40k what standalone expensive bars won't be able to manage at 70-80k. No Atmos, but there's no actual upfiring Atmos option in the Indian market currently. Samsung will launch their Q800T model in 2020 as they have shown it on their website. That'll offer better Atmos, especially with low height concrete Indian ceilings. It will cost about 70k though whenever it launches.

Via HDMI ARC. Turns on and off along with TV itself. Atmos sound should be mixed with surrounds for 5.1 playback. Plus, rear speakers can also be added, even if thy have to be ordered from abroad for now. At least the option is there. It's an all round winner. I had a budget of 90k plus, but I decided that along with the rear speakers, Q60R will offer at 40k what standalone expensive bars won't be able to manage at 70-80k. No Atmos, but there's no actual upfiring Atmos option in the Indian market currently. Samsung will launch their Q800T model in 2020 as they have shown it on their website. That'll offer better Atmos, especially with low height concrete Indian ceilings. It will cost about 70k though whenever it launches.

I am looking for a better sound experience , what i felt on C9 is the voice is and clarity is bit less. i wont be putting loud music much , mainly to enjoy the cinema with crisp quality and with light music

I am looking for a better sound experience , what i felt on C9 is the voice is and clarity is bit less. i wont be putting loud music much , mainly to enjoy the cinema with crisp quality and with light music

If you want better vocals, get a center channel, especially in soundbars. Take a chance with the Philips if you really want Atmos. Sony X8500, better than TV speakers though it might be, won't give you clear dialogues. Q60R I can recommend as a really VFM option.

If you want better vocals, get a center channel, especially in soundbars. Take a chance with the Philips if you really want Atmos. Sony X8500, better than TV speakers though it might be, won't give you clear dialogues. Q60R I can recommend as a really VFM option.
Which is better , samsung q650 or q60, there is hardly 2k difference

Which is better , samsung q650 or q60, there is hardly 2k difference

You mean R650? Q60 has acoustic beam tech, which is sideward and upward firing speakers, and they help in creating a wider and taller soundstage. So worth it for 2k extra.

2020 models have DTS: Virtual X though, but that doesn't work with acoustic beam. So if you want to wait for 2020 models, you can get T650 for that. DTS: VX is known to make vocals sound harsher and more sibilant, so I didn't wait for 2020 models.

You mean R650? Q60 has acoustic beam tech, which is sideward and upward firing speakers, and they help in creating a wider and taller soundstage. So worth it for 2k extra.

2020 models have DTS: Virtual X though, but that doesn't work with acoustic beam. So if you want to wait for 2020 models, you can get T650 for that. DTS: VX is known to make vocals sound harsher and more sibilant, so I didn't wait for 2020 models.
So if I want to choose between q60 and sony 8500 which have Atmos support , which should be better , especially in low volume performance.
Both price is almost same

So if I want to choose between q60 and sony 8500 which have Atmos support , which should be better , especially in low volume performance.

Q60 for sure because of its center channel and clearer sound.

Q60 has no Atmos. But Sony’s reviews says it’s vocal clarity is bad. Out of the two less painful option would the Samsung. Make sure you are not installing it in tv cabin. Since they have side firing drivers, it’s not wise to install it in a place where you have side walls next to it. I don’t know if it has some smart auto eq with a mic in the remote to detect your room and eq accordingly. If not whatever they claim, won’t work well in your room. If your tv installed in the middle of a wall Q60 would be enough.

Q60 has no Atmos. But Sony’s reviews says it’s vocal clarity is bad. Out of the two less painful option would the Samsung. Make sure you are not installing it in tv cabin. Since they have side firing drivers, it’s not wise to install it in a place where you have side walls next to it. I don’t know if it has some smart auto eq with a mic in the remote to detect your room and eq accordingly. If not whatever they claim, won’t work well in your room. If your tv installed in the middle of a wall Q60 would be enough.

That's in the JBL 5.1 Multibeam model. It corrects for your room, as long as you have walls within 4.5m to the side.

However, Q60 works just as well as any 3.1 channel soundbar, because unlike Bose models or Sonos Beam or the JBL I mentioned above, the L and R channels aren't the ones facing sideways. They face front. Surround channels are the ones facing sideways, and it's just to enhance and spread the effects more. So think of it like any conventional 3 channel soundbar, with an added enhancement.

i dont have any sidewall , i will be placing in bottom of the TV which is wall mounted.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back