LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

I have set AI picture mode ON , that is the reason based on the input the modes are keep on changing..?
Right now for SDR , i found comfortable with cinema mode.

No. AI picture barely does anything. Just turn it off though. You don't need it. Default OLED light on Cinema mode is 80 I think. Too bright. Try 25-30 for dark room.

@Marakk :

Can i follow this seeting and change accordingly..?

They use gamma of 2.2, which is not what other calibrators use. I prefer gamma of 2.4 and as far as I know, that's the standard nowadays for grading suites. Rest you can use.

Only thing is that you should set brightness, which is black level, yourself using a pure black slide. You can find one on youtube. Use that black slide to find the brightness setting where one click more makes the black rise up. 52 is the correct setting for my panel. Yours might be different. Do this after you have crossed 40-50 hours though. Give the panel time to settle down.

No. AI picture barely does anything. Just turn it off though. You don't need it. Default OLED light on Cinema mode is 80 I think. Too bright. Try 25-30 for dark room.
Oho , when i played HDR . the mode is changed to HDR and the oled light is 100 on that. do i need to change that as well..?

Oho , when i played HDR . the mode is changed to HDR and the oled light is 100 on that. do i need to change that as well..?

Nope. Leave HDR at default. No need to change anything there apart from Expert Controls and Picture Options, where you can choose Dynamic Tone Mapping or not and Trumotion.

Mine is closer , i mean in 6 feet distance .

BTW , is there any mode we can enable only Sound mode , like i will listen the music but display will be in stand by mode..?

There is an option "Energy Saving" in Picture setting . Select the last value " Screen OFF" . Your TV will become only a soundbar .

Yeah you can’t get it for 1.5 but what I meant was that’s what it should be priced at. Let me break it down to you why it shouldn’t cost you more then 1.5L.The processor itself is not the latest. They use a 2017 chipset. Secondly the frame is plastic and doesn’t give a premium look like the c9. Third is the remote which is the same as basic mid range tv. Fourth HDMI 2.0 with no Earc.And then it’s android I mean it is the same os that is available in cheap android boxes how much would have Sony invested for the os? And also they don’t even provide a mount to fix the tv in wall.Only expense for Sony would have been buying the oled panel from LG. Take lg it’s their own os and m sure a lot would have been invested in R&D. chipset is the latest and finish is metallic premium with the smart remote. Picture also more bright then the Sony and also LG provides an excellent wall mount for free. My wife knowing I am a huge Sony fan boy was forcing me to go for Sony scared that I may be hit by the upgrade bug to get Sony after one or 2 years. I had the budget and could have easily extended to buy the A8. I didn’t go for c9 cause it was cheaper then A8 but went for it purely for the fact it destroys the A8 in terms of VFM. From hardware to software everything thing should have costed more then A8 for LG but still priced less then Sony.

Sony really seem to have been successful in making it an entry level OLED. If it weren't for upscaling and colors, I wouldn't have considered it. Thankfully the color issue is solvable, which leaves only a single parameter which it is superior.

I can totally relate to your situation. I have a special place for Sony since the PS1 days. The fact that you being loyal to a brand, and then jumping to another, says a lot about the overall superiority of the C9. Sony are launching the PS5 this year, their top end LCD, the X9500H doesn't even have HDMI 2.1. How absurd is that?

I hope I share the same view as you, on the LG, when I purchase. Will certainly save me some money as well :p

Sony really seem to have been successful in making it an entry level OLED. If it weren't for upscaling and colors, I wouldn't have considered it. Thankfully the color issue is solvable, which leaves only a single parameter which it is superior.

I can totally relate to your situation. I have a special place for Sony since the PS1 days. The fact that you being loyal to a brand, and then jumping to another, says a lot about the overall superiority of the C9. Sony are launching the PS5 this year, their top end LCD, the X9500H doesn't even have HDMI 2.1. How absurd is that?

I hope I share the same view as you, on the LG, when I purchase. Will certainly save me some money as well :p
The A8H which was launched this year also doesn’t have Hdmi 2.1 which is really a shame. May be when they launch the master series it should have 2.1. My previous tv’s all have been Sony. I will definitely buy the ps5 if it is priced well in India and c9 will do justice for the next gen consoles.

The A8H which was launched this year also doesn’t have Hdmi 2.1 which is really a shame. May be when they launch the master series it should have 2.1. My previous tv’s all have been Sony. I will definitely buy the ps5 if it is priced well in India and c9 will do justice for the next gen consoles.

The X9000H has HDMI 2.1. So the master series will likely have it. C9 and PS5 will be a good match considering its specs. Though it won't be priced cheap here. PS4 was 400USD in the US, and launched here for 40k! Predictions are at 500USD for the PS5, which will make it close to 50k here.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but the PS5 won't have games more then 4k@60. Even on the launch stream all the games they showed were in 30fps except handful titles like Gran Turismo was in 60fps. You don't need the C9 for the ps5 & even for the xbox one series x.
It was all a hype for the next gen consoles that games will be 4k @120 fps. Thats only for the High End PC gamers with their super expensive gpu & cpu hardware. Sony themselves said they will be targeting at least 30fps for PS5 as they want High Graphic Fidelity in their games & not fps.
It was all a hype & next gen consoles willl work on almost any Oled tv as it will be 4k @30 standard & few will have 60 fps. See the video below-

Cheers.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but the PS5 won't have games more then 4k@60. Even on the launch stream all the games they showed were in 30fps except handful titles like Gran Turismo was in 60fps. You don't need the C9 for the ps5 & even for the xbox one series x.
It was all a hype for the next gen consoles that games will be 4k @120 fps. Thats only for the High End PC gamers with their super expensive gpu & cpu hardware. Sony themselves said they will be targeting at least 30fps for PS5 as they want High Graphic Fidelity in their games & not fps.
It was all a hype & next gen consoles willl work on almost any Oled tv as it will be 4k @30 standard & few will have 60 fps. See the video below-

Cheers.

It’s not only about 4k@120 FPS. The c9 has a better response time and has all the other goodies like ALL,VRR, and Gsync which is an added bonus for gaming. Don’t go by the launch and for sure after one or two years they will launch better games with 60fps and there is no way they are just going to stick with 30 FPS. I mean gaming at 30 FPS? Rofl no way. HDMI 2.1 is good to have especially if you would use your tv for gaming and for sure the next gen consoles will take benefit from them.

The X9000H has HDMI 2.1. So the master series will likely have it. C9 and PS5 will be a good match considering its specs. Though it won't be priced cheap here. PS4 was 400USD in the US, and launched here for 40k! Predictions are at 500USD for the PS5, which will make it close to 50k here.
Oh good then. How about nvidia gsync?

Day -2 usage update;

getting used to Big screen , Entire family is enjoying the content , but unfortunately only for me after 1 hour of continuous watching water is coming from eyes.

I am finding uncomfortable in scenes which moves fast ,
1: for eg rapid switching of scenes from one character to another
2: On Prime interface , while scrolling the through content in fast.

But my wife and kids didnt complained anything as such so far

Day -2 usage update;

getting used to Big screen , Entire family is enjoying the content , but unfortunately only for me after 1 hour of continuous watching water is coming from eyes.

Well I would suggest you get a doctor consultation. Getting tears while ur Wife and kids are comfortable is something new. Initially I had eye strain getting used to the big screen and motion but never had tears.

Last edited:
Day -2 usage update;

Was it HDR content or SDR? What OLED light setting were you using if SDR and what mode if HDR?

There you go. You should be using 80 OLED light for a bright room. In a dark room, 25 is where you should be.
Sure , let me try that.

What about the settings for
TruMotion
Noise reduction
MPEG noise reduction

right now all are disabled

Sure , let me try that.

What about the settings for
TruMotion
Noise reduction
MPEG noise reduction

right now all are disabled

I prefer using Trumotion on Clear. Least amount of artifacts in my testing. Less than even De-Judder 1.

Noise Reduction you can leave on Auto. MPEG NR, don't go above low as it'll scrub fine details.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back