LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

Dark on Netflix looks gorgeous.

View attachment 47637
Mind Blowing. Look at the details, the sharpness, colour processing on the skin and above all the blacks are so well controlled.It's amazing. And I assume it would be 2x or 8x greater with naked eye.

Btw..I am seeing this image on my Samsung Amoled screen. I would continue to see the images posted by the forum members either on Amoleds or iPad screens for more accuracy.

Last edited:
I watch a lot of football on Hotstar. A few movies and shows as well. Unlike Netflix, Amazon Prime etc, Hotstar has that annoying logo on top of the screen.

A bit concerned about watching content on Hotstar at a stretch. There is no way to get rid of Hotstar logo right?

I watch a lot of football on Hotstar. A few movies and shows as well. Unlike Netflix, Amazon Prime etc, Hotstar has that annoying logo on top of the screen.

A bit concerned about watching content on Hotstar at a stretch. There is no way to get rid of Hotstar logo right?
At a stretch doesn't matter. Oled burn in is cumulative. Just keep logo luminance adjustment to high. How many hours a month do you watch hotstar sports?

Is it worth spending that much of money and watch only limited hours? And limited contents ? Primary reason for buying tv is to watch only!!!!!
It's not about limiting yourself. It's about use case. You don't buy a sports car/7 seater SUV to commute from North Delhi to Gurgaon everyday in peak traffic hours. There are other cars for that which might not give the experience but will do that job better.

Similarly, if you just watch DTH, Sports and news all day, OLEDs are not for you. But if you watch shows and movies in a dark room (like me), nothing beats OLED.

It's not about limiting yourself. It's about use case. You don't buy a sports car/7 seater SUV to commute from North Delhi to Gurgaon everyday in peak traffic hours. There are other cars for that which might not give the experience but will do that job better.

Similarly, if you just watch DTH, Sports and news all day, OLEDs are not for you. But if you watch shows and movies in a dark room (like me), nothing beats OLED.
Then I have to keep 2 TVs . One for my movies and other for DTH..like your example one for weekend drive and one for regular office use

Good analogy of yours.
OLED is extremely good at its job. Watching Movies/Netflix on OLED is just another world of experience. It's just unbeatable. I really wish OLED to lose its burn in issues in near future.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back