LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

Was watching lion king 2019 last night which is a 1080p file. Absolutely spell binding- every strand of hair, every drop of water from the waterfall - stunning images. It seemed like the image was popping out of the tv in a 3d kind of way. Was using the isf setting. Didn’t feel like coming to office this morning

Was watching lion king 2019 last night which is a 1080p file. Absolutely spell binding- every strand of hair, every drop of water from the waterfall - stunning images. It seemed like the image was popping out of the tv in a 3d kind of way. Was using the isf setting. Didn’t feel like coming to office this morning
I can totally relate to what you are saying. Those 3D like pictures of OLED is simply stunning
I recommend watching How to train your dragon 2 in 4k HDR. You won't want to switch off your TV after that. Mesmerizing will be an understatement.

But, when I visited a multibrand shop, the sals man played 1080 content on LG C9. It was not that great. But same content was much better in Samsung Q70R. But every reviewers says both TVs are at par in terms of 4K upscaling. This is confusing me. Did you change any settings? What is ISF setting?

But, when I visited a multibrand shop, the sals man played 1080 content on LG C9. It was not that great. But same content was much better in Samsung Q70R. But every reviewers says both TVs are at par in terms of 4K upscaling. This is confusing me. Did you change any settings? What is ISF setting?

I stream 1080p comedy shows and music videos, including some vintage ones, everyday on C9, and they look stunning. Never been better. You can't judge in showrooms because who knows what settings are being used. When professional reviewers are telling you that they are the same, believe it. Infact, C9 scores higher in color gamut and gradient tests too compared to Q70. Compared to the Metz OLED, I feel C9 is indeed better, especially because it's better at NR and separate decontouring filter is there too, which results in a cleaner image; not that I ever felt that the Metz one is looking bad while watching content. Upscaling is done well enough even by cheap TVs. The extra processing features are what differentiate good from bad. C9 is top notch.

To be honest I couldn’t make out the difference between a native 4K film and a 1080p upscaled film. The quality is far superior to anything that I have seen or used so far. My previous tv was also a 4K tv (Philips) which is known for its image processing, but nothing comes close to c9.

Its because of the lights in the room.OLEDs look a bit dim in very bright room.Ideally OLEDs should have a dedicated dark booth playing high quality HDR content.But what i see in most showrooms plays DTH content in a very bright environment

Its because of the lights in the room.OLEDs look a bit dim in very bright room.Ideally OLEDs should have a dedicated dark booth playing high quality HDR content.But what i see in most showrooms plays DTH content in a very bright environment
Yes QLED TV is brighter than OLED. But, I was not telling that lighting issue. 4K content is awesome in the same lighting. I mentioned about the upscaling quantity. (Upscaling 1080 to 4K).

So I'm watching Our Souls at Night via internal Netflix app in Dolby Vision, and I have noticed that there's a delayed brightness change when they cut from night interior scenes to outdoors ones. I'm watching it in Cinema mode. Dynamic contrast is off. AI brightness is greyed out. Has anyone else experienced this? If you watch Our Souls at Night, it happens thrice in the first ten minutes. I can give time stamps once the movie ends. Super distracting.

So I'm watching Our Souls at Night via internal Netflix app in Dolby Vision, and I have noticed that there's a delayed brightness change when they cut from night interior scenes to outdoors ones. I'm watching it in Cinema mode. Dynamic contrast is off. AI brightness is greyed out. Has anyone else experienced this? If you watch Our Souls at Night, it happens thrice in the first ten minutes. I can give time stamps once the movie ends. Super distracting.
Same thing happens in Unbelievable episodes 6 and 7, I think. Its a known issue.

Same thing happens in Unbelievable episodes 6 and 7, I think. Its a known issue.

It was in C8, but everyone thought it's fixed, but it's not. We must unite and bring this forward to LG. I'll record videos with my camera on the weekend.

Turn off ASBL from service menu, it will get resolved but you will be more prone to burn-in.

Not sure if this is related to ASBL. Plus, I don't have any remote that will allow me to get into the service menu. I had asked the installation guys too if they have a service remote, but they said no. :/

Not sure if this is related to ASBL. Plus, I don't have any remote that will allow me to get into the service menu. I had asked the installation guys too if they have a service remote, but they said no. :/
Use an old mobile with IR blaster and install any remote app. I was assuming ASBL was the cause as that was the remedy provided in various threads on other avforums relating to the phenomenon observed by you.

Use an old mobile with IR blaster and install any remote app. I was assuming ASBL was the cause as that was the remedy provided in various threads on other avforums relating to the phenomenon observed by you.

Well, I have no phone with an IR blaster. Lol. I'll try and ask some friends. So it happened Unbelievable even after disabling ASBL?

Well, I have no phone with an IR blaster. Lol. I'll try and ask some friends. So it happened Unbelievable even after disabling ASBL?
No I didn’t disable it as I have seen it only twice and that too only in Netflix Dolby vision content so I am not inclined to change anything until it hampers my viewing experience severely.
On a different note, I completed 100 hours on the TV and checked 10% grey and 100% whites. They seemed ok to me with no visible abnormality that would make me change my TV. I tried taking pics but the cell camera is just getting pure black image.

No I didn’t disable it as I have seen it only twice and that too only in Netflix Dolby vision content so I am not inclined to change anything until it hampers my viewing experience severely.
On a different note, I completed 100 hours on the TV and checked 10% grey and 100% whites. They seemed ok to me with no visible abnormality that would make me change my TV. I tried taking pics but the cell camera is just getting pure black image.

Ah! Alright. I'm not sure if this is ASBL. There's nothing static here. Just that the processor tone maps or identifies the luminance of the scene a bit late. It's nothing major, but if it happens too often, it's distracting. Definitely took me out of the movie for a while. Not ideal at all. I'll record videos and send it to LG. Can you give timestamps of Unbelievable episodes where it happened? I haven't seen the show yet. Oh well, might start tonight. You know, I will start tonight. Lol

10% is usually fine even on bad cases. Mine is almost uniform on 10%. Try 5% in complete darkness. You'll need a camera that capture usuable low light photos of course. Night mode ends up adding blur, so need a good sensor and low aperture lens.

Ah! Alright. I'm not sure if this is ASBL. There's nothing static here. Just that the processor tone maps or identifies the luminance of the scene a bit late. It's nothing major, but if it happens too often, it's distracting. Definitely took me out of the movie for a while. Not ideal at all. I'll record videos and send it to LG. Can you give timestamps of Unbelievable episodes where it happened? I haven't seen the show yet. Oh well, might start tonight. You know, I will start tonight. Lol

10% is usually fine even on bad cases. Mine is almost uniform on 10%. Try 5% in complete darkness. You'll need a camera that capture usuable low light photos of course. Night mode ends up adding blur, so need a good sensor and low aperture lens.
Just tried to recreate the issue at around 34:40 minute mark of ep 6 of Unbelievable and was unsuccessful. The scene just preceding that time mark is an extended dark scene with not much movement which can be interpreted as static image by the TV which may have caused the issue. Another thing to note is that happened to me when I had continuously binged all episodes in one shot upto that point so the TV was without any break for 5+ hours at 100 OLED light.

5% grey is showing totally black for me. And my camera cannot capture anything.

Just tried to recreate the issue at around 34:40 minute mark of ep 6 of Unbelievable and was unsuccessful. The scene just preceding that time mark is an extended dark scene with not much movement which can be interpreted as static image by the TV which may have caused the issue. Another thing to note is that happened to me when I had continuously binged all episodes in one shot upto that point so the TV was without any break for 5+ hours at 100 OLED light.

5% grey is showing totally black for me. And my camera cannot capture anything.
Woah! 100% OLED light? I can't go any higher than 80 before it strains my eyes. 60-70 is what I usually use for most picture modes.

@Marakk You can also ask around to see if anyone has a Harmony remote. You can use this to get into the service menu to turn off ASBL but IMO I would just leave it be as the problem occurs only during specific content and it is too infrequent to invite a higher burn-in possibility.

Haven't seen this movie yet but when I do, I will report back with my findings and picture settings.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back