LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

Woah! 100% OLED light? I can't go any higher than 80 before it strains my eyes. 60-70 is what I usually use for most picture modes.

@Marakk You can also ask around to see if anyone has a Harmony remote. You can use this to get into the service menu to turn off ASBL but IMO I would just leave it be as the problem occurs only during specific content and it is too infrequent to invite a higher burn-in possibility.

Haven't seen this movie yet but when I do, I will report back with my findings and picture settings.

Agreed! Even in my room in daylight, after closing blinds, I have OLED light at 35 for SDR. It's plenty bright and causes eye strain on increasing.

I don't know anyone who's into AV and all. I'll order a service remote from Aliexpress. No biggie., but like you, I first want to know whether I'm seeing any issues because of it. This delayed brightness might be something else only. In the first scene where it happened in OSAN, there's a quick shot of the sun rising before cutting to road. So it's not like ASBL dimmed because it detected no motion in dark scene. It's TV's tone mapping or processing only that's messing up IMO.

Unbelievable is 4K Dolby Vision content on Netflix. Aren't you supposed to leave OLED 100 in these cases? It is suggested at avsforums also.

As per rtings C9 settings:

"HDR is automatically enabled for the native apps. Once you start playing HDR content, some of the settings change automatically, including OLED Light, which increases to '100.' We recommend leaving these settings to their default settings in HDR."
"As with normal HDR content, when you start playing Dolby Vision content, some settings change automatically. We recommend leaving these settings as-is, do not copy our SDR settings over "

As per rtings C9 settings:

"HDR is automatically enabled for the native apps. Once you start playing HDR content, some of the settings change automatically, including OLED Light, which increases to '100.' We recommend leaving these settings to their default settings in HDR."
"As with normal HDR content, when you start playing Dolby Vision content, some settings change automatically. We recommend leaving these settings as-is, do not copy our SDR settings over "

Ah! You should have mentioned that it's HDR mode. I guess we both were mentioning OLED light for SDR mode. Also, I wonder if the brightness change is happening only in HDR mode. All the shows that have this problem as of now, including mindhunter as pointed by someone on Reddit, are in DV or HDR.

Ah! You should have mentioned that it's HDR mode. I guess we both were mentioning OLED light for SDR mode. Also, I wonder if the brightness change is happening only in HDR mode. All the shows that have this problem as of now, including mindhunter as pointed by someone on Reddit, are in DV or HDR.
Yep, only in Dolby vision for me. Also the Netflix Dolby vision implementation is the best HDR implementation I have seen among various HDR implementations i.e. HDR 10, Windows HDR, Xbox One X HDR etc. The overall picture brightness along with the near dark performance is great.

Yep, only in Dolby vision for me. Also the Netflix Dolby vision implementation is the best HDR implementation I have seen among various HDR implementations i.e. HDR 10, Windows HDR, Xbox One X HDR etc. The overall picture brightness along with the near dark performance is great.

It's good for most part, but I actually preferred HDR10 in Metz for dark shows like Sabrina and Ozark. I wish they would let users switch.

Anyway, I went to take video of the issue in OSAN, and it didn't happen now. Weird.

does C9 have flashing and blocking issues like C8.

It's masked. It's still there on running the test designed to showcase it. It comes up I'm content if you raise brightness too much. I have raised it to 52 to from default 50 as there was some black crush in my set. At this setting, I haven't yet spotted it in content. Not something I would worry about.

Spoke too soon. Watching first episode of Good Omens on Amazon Prime, and since it has many dark grey areas, flashing happens a couple of times. So not perfect at all. Far from it.

Just tried to recreate the issue at around 34:40 minute mark of ep 6 of Unbelievable and was unsuccessful. The scene just preceding that time mark is an extended dark scene with not much movement which can be interpreted as static image by the TV which may have caused the issue. Another thing to note is that happened to me when I had continuously binged all episodes in one shot upto that point so the TV was without any break for 5+ hours at 100 OLED light.

5% grey is showing totally black for me. And my camera cannot capture anything.

Yup! Can confirm. Same thing happened at the same time. Can you do us owners a favor? Google LG community forums. I have already posted this there. You also register and post. We need as many owners as possible to report this.

Software version Version 04.70.05 is now available on the LG India website.

Tried updating to this via USB. It worked initially and there was a prompt to install it, but after the installation was completed, there was a message that this software couldn't be applied to the TV and TV will revert to previous software. Weird as it's from LG India's website only.

Tried updating to this via USB. It worked initially and there was a prompt to install it, but after the installation was completed, there was a message that this software couldn't be applied to the TV and TV will revert to previous software. Weird as it's from LG India's website only.
Updated successfully through USB. There is no any issue in the software. May be there was issue during downloading. Once again download freshly and try.

20191026.jpg

Updated successfully through USB. There is no any issue in the software. May be there was issue during downloading. Once again download freshly and try.

View attachment 40678

Ah! I'll wait for the OTA push only. Don't need anything from this software just yet. Only gsync is running well without hiccups, then I'll try again if OTA hasn't come through.

Ah! I'll wait for the OTA push only. Don't need anything from this software just yet. Only gsync is running well without hiccups, then I'll try again if OTA hasn't come through.
G Sync already available via Nvidia Beta drivers from last month, no need for LG side update. Still waiting for an official update as beta drivers are required to be updated by newer games (specifically CoD:MW). Hopefully both LG and Nvidia release it before year end.

G Sync already available via Nvidia Beta drivers from last month, no need for LG side update. Still waiting for an official update as beta drivers are required to be updated by newer games (specifically CoD:MW). Hopefully both LG and Nvidia release it before year end.

Ah! I thought 4.70.05 is needed for that too. Anyway, I don't want to play around with beta drivers. Work PC is the gaming PC. Can't risk any hiccups. Will wait for everything to work without hiccups.

Ah! I thought 4.70.05 is needed for that too. Anyway, I don't want to play around with beta drivers. Work PC is the gaming PC. Can't risk any hiccups. Will wait for everything to work without hiccups.
Tried the new call of duty with 4K HDR on my 2080 Super and was blown away by the picture quality. If you watch the new hdtvtest video you will get a better idea. Also the new LG update has enabled HGIG in game mode!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back