Thanks, let me answer to your questions.1.Gigabit ethernet switch isn’t of any use as the ethernet port in the C9 is 100Mbit.
2.Set Plex to directplay and use wifi ac. C8/C9 can handle all 4K formats via direct play.
3.Transcoding is not recommended for 4K content and neither is your NAS capable to do so.
4. There are some usb to gigabit lan adapters supported by the tv , google it . You can buy one of those if wifi ac is not feasible as it requires decent amount of firepower at the router’s end as well to stream these remuxes.
1. I have my Gigabit ethernet switch is connected to my Google mesh router which is top of the line. And all my other sources like TV, NAS, PCs etc are routed through the switch.
2. How do I do this setting of directplay on Plex as I agree that C9 is able to play every format of 4K content that I have thrown at it.
3. I can see left menu option "Transcoding" but I do not see the option to switch this off and set it to direct play.
4. I will avoid the gigabit to LAN adapter and if the WiFi of C9 is better than its ethernet port then I can use my Google router.