LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

I just changed the audio mode from Clear Voice III to...cricket! It kept similar dialogue volume, but didn't muffle the rest of the ranges too much. Soundstage seems wider in this. I didn't even try it earlier. Anyway, clear there are lot of options, and you'll have to find your sweet spot.

Dolby Atmos also muffles the sound; so you can try with that turned off too.

Last edited:
Thanks, let me answer to your questions.
1. I have my Gigabit ethernet switch is connected to my Google mesh router which is top of the line. And all my other sources like TV, NAS, PCs etc are routed through the switch.
2. How do I do this setting of directplay on Plex as I agree that C9 is able to play every format of 4K content that I have thrown at it.
3. I can see left menu option "Transcoding" but I do not see the option to switch this off and set it to direct play.
4. I will avoid the gigabit to LAN adapter and if the WiFi of C9 is better than its ethernet port then I can use my Google router.

Thanks again.
You’ll find it in the settings of the LG plex app.
also first test playing without subtitles. If you want to use subtitles , use the srt files, no pgs/ image subs, it will cause transcoding.

Also while playing check the status on the plex server, it should show as direct play video and audio both. If the audio shows as transcoding then select the track which shows direct play. Audio Track will have to be selected from the plex tv app.

You’ll find it in the settings of the LG plex app.
also first test playing without subtitles. If you want to use subtitles , use the srt files, no pgs/ image subs, it will cause transcoding.

Also while playing check the status on the plex server, it should show as direct play video and audio both. If the audio shows as transcoding then select the track which shows direct play. Audio Track will have to be selected from the plex tv app.

I am not using any Plex app on the TV but the app is running on my Synology NAS server. So on my C9 TV the Plex as a folder shows up for playback which is where the browsing of the movies/music/photos show up when I navigate. So how do you setup Plex settings on the TV as my TV is not the Plex server. Also I read online that there seems to be no settings on the Plex app to direct stream without transcoding. As of now I have connected my internal HDD with a power adapter directly to the USB of the TV and it plays butter smooth. Looking at options like Odriod N2 or a Amlogic S905W based android media player which can play 4K content connected via LAN.

Thanks

I am not using any Plex app on the TV but the app is running on my Synology NAS server. So on my C9 TV the Plex as a folder shows up for playback which is where the browsing of the movies/music/photos show up when I navigate. So how do you setup Plex settings on the TV as my TV is not the Plex server. Also I read online that there seems to be no settings on the Plex app to direct stream without transcoding. As of now I have connected my internal HDD with a power adapter directly to the USB of the TV and it plays butter smooth. Looking at options like Odriod N2 or a Amlogic S905W based android media player which can play 4K content connected via LAN.

Thanks
The plex server app is on your synology. I think you might be using it as DLNA. Download the plex app i.e client from th LG content store, login to your plex account. You don’t need a separate media player IMO. If LAN is needed then its a different thing.
USB is the best, if you don’t care for the interface and the organisation that plex offers.

Can someone help me with 65" C9 stand dimensions? obvious reasons "trying to see if it can fit on my existing stand"

Why do you want to change the stand.
I've read that it allows for sound reflection
Cheers,
Raghu

Normally LG OLED TV (including C9) doesn't support HDR 10+. But if we play HDR 10+ content on LG C9 (or any LG OLED TVs), then what will happen? Will it play or not? If it plays then how is the PQ? Have anybody tried?

Normally LG OLED TV (including C9) doesn't support HDR 10+. But if we play HDR 10+ content on LG C9 (or any LG OLED TVs), then what will happen? Will it play or not? If it plays then how is the PQ? Have anybody tried?

It'll play HDR 10. You can turn on dynamic tone mapping, which will be almost like HDR10, and that's what LG also claims. It's going to look almost the same. There's not much HDR 10+ content out there anyway.

What's the operating temperature of LG OLED (B9/C9) TVs? Normally in summer, 45° is common. Will it affect panel?

What's the operating temperature of LG OLED (B9/C9) TVs? Normally in summer, 45° is common. Will it affect panel?

Operating temperature is 0-40°C. Now is the inside of your house at 45°C? Seems unlikely if it's in shade and even a fan is turned on.

Attachments

• ENG.pdf
    759.9 KB · Views: 11
Operating temperature is 0-40°C. Now is the inside of your house at 45°C? Seems unlikely if it's in shade and even a fan is turned on.
Haha, Not inside. It is general report for our area. I usually get the weather report from Accuweather. But not sure about the inside temperature. But in common we feel hot in our living room during summer. We are going to use the TV in living room, that's why I asked.

D
Hey, I purchased a lg c9 today, however I am facing a issue regarding volume level. Compared to my previous 4k LG led TV with 40w rated speaker similar to c9, the sound of oled is much lower compared to my LED in all modes including standard mode in the same environment. For same content on Netflix / Amazon if I used to keep volume level at 30 now I have to keep at 60. Is it normal for C9/Oled or I have got a defective piece.

If it's a defect, should I contact dealer or LG?
Do an auto tuning of volume with the AI settings. It helped me a lot.

Got my tv installed yesterday. Menus are not very intuitive. It wasn’t easy to understand stuff like brightness, contrast, etc. finally settled for isf expert. Liked the feature of changing the aspect ratio to 16:9; it allowed me to get rid of black bars without distorting picture. Also the AI tuning of sound helped a lot. Overall very happy never seen better blacks.

Got my tv installed yesterday. Menus are not very intuitive. It wasn’t easy to understand stuff like brightness, contrast, etc. finally settled for isf expert. Liked the feature of changing the aspect ratio to 16:9; it allowed me to get rid of black bars without distorting picture. Also the AI tuning of sound helped a lot. Overall very happy never seen better blacks.

Awesome! Enjoy the set. For volume I have gone back to Bass boost tuning with clear voice III, Atmos on and AI sound off. It works overall to enhance movie watching in a apartment with clear dialogues. I can reduce the soundstage of music, which I listen to via YouTube, but as long as I don't switch modes to compare, it sounds good. AI sound can enhance music and effects, drowning dialogues.

Also, brightness affects black levels and contrast affects white levels. Use AVSHD test patterns to get them right. Contrast at 80 and peak brightness off also turns off ABL in SDR according to Rtings.

Awesome! Enjoy the set. For volume I have gone back to Bass boost tuning with clear voice III, Atmos on and AI sound off. It works overall to enhance movie watching in a apartment with clear dialogues. I can reduce the soundstage of music, which I listen to via YouTube, but as long as I don't switch modes to compare, it sounds good. AI sound can enhance music and effects, drowning dialogues.

Also, brightness affects black levels and contrast affects white levels. Use AVSHD test patterns to get them right. Contrast at 80 and peak brightness off also turns off ABL in SDR according to Rtings.
Just had a small query. If you enable the Dolby atmos in the TV but if the attached soundbar is not Atmos compatible, what happens ?

Just had a small query. If you enable the Dolby atmos in the TV but if the attached soundbar is not Atmos compatible, what happens ?

It tries to create virtual Atmos effect. Now it doesn't really work, especially when wall mounted with downfiring speakers, but I helps in widening the soundstage and filling the room more, which is necessary for me with clear voice III as that tends to make everything sound condensed and reduce bass and music too. Bass I added back with bass boost tuning and Atmos for more surround effect. So overall these are the settings I have decided to keep now. Tried so many variations. Lol

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back