LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

But online UPS is more costlier than a stabilizer.
Electronic Overload protection,Automatically protects devices when
I think you can't sideload app in LG Webos. You need Amazon Fire Stick or any other Android box. But 4K Fire Stick is the best option.

yes your are right. i forgot lg is not an android tv. My bad. I will get set top box from jio or try roku if that works

Hey Guys,

I have a couple of questions (My 65" C9 hasn't been delivered yet, will be delivered and installed by Saturday).
1. Are you guys using Set-top boxes with the TV? How does the non HD content look (more precisely hows the Upscaling)?
2. Does anyone use the new Smart Set-top boxes launched by Airtel and Dish TV? Do those boxes perform better than traditional ones?

Recently went through the reviews of Nvidia Shield Pro 2019. It says to have great AI upscaling. I have few questions:

1. If I connect an external HDD to the shield and play movies from the HDD, do the movies get upscaled? Reviewers said it only works for few streaming apps but didnt mention anything about upscaling external HDD content.
2. It supports Dolby Vision , Atmos etc. But if the TV doesn't support DV, will the content be shown as DV or HDR ? And if the TV already supports DV , isnt that feature redundant ?
3. Is there any way to connect my set top box to TV through Nvidia shield?

Sorry if my questions are out of context wrt to the thread. You may ignore them or Spam me as payback :p

Hey Guys,

I have a couple of questions (My 65" C9 hasn't been delivered yet, will be delivered and installed by Saturday).
1. Are you guys using Set-top boxes with the TV? How does the non HD content look (more precisely hows the Upscaling)?
2. Does anyone use the new Smart Set-top boxes launched by Airtel and Dish TV? Do those boxes perform better than traditional ones?

Recently went through the reviews of Nvidia Shield Pro 2019. It says to have great AI upscaling. I have few questions:

1. If I connect an external HDD to the shield and play movies from the HDD, do the movies get upscaled? Reviewers said it only works for few streaming apps but didnt mention anything about upscaling external HDD content.
2. It supports Dolby Vision , Atmos etc. But if the TV doesn't support DV, will the content be shown as DV or HDR ? And if the TV already supports DV , isnt that feature redundant ?
3. Is there any way to connect my set top box to TV through Nvidia shield?

Sorry if my questions are out of context wrt to the thread. You may ignore them or Spam me as payback :p
1. Yes using set top box, picture looks decent but cant compare to Netflix or prime. Yet surprisingly good.
2. Check the nvidia site for upscaling of HDD content. However with the c9 this may not be needed since the tv does an excellent job of upscaling
3. If tv doesn’t support DV / HDR there is no use of shield supporting these features
4. If tv supports DV but nvidia doesn’t support then again no point. Hence the DV and HDR support in shield as well as tv is important.
5. Don’t see how connecting set top through shield will help. The tv will do a good job of upscaling. Don’t worry.

Saw my first movie on my C9. The dark knight in 4K imax mastered and i have seen so much details in the face of joker. It was a completelt dark room and it felt like being in the movie !!

The C9 series are getting GSync compatibility in an upcoming firmware update. Will only work with Nvidia current generation graphics cards though.

May make it an excellent 4k 120hz display for someone with a 2080ti. Would be interesting to see reviews / feedback when the feature gets rolled out.

The C9 series are getting GSync compatibility in an upcoming firmware update. Will only work with Nvidia current generation graphics cards though.

May make it an excellent 4k 120hz display for someone with a 2080ti. Would be interesting to see reviews / feedback when the feature gets rolled out.

The updates are out already. 440.52 for Nvidia cards, the ones that can pass VRR over HDMI. Test it out if you have one. You'll have to enable it from Nvidia control panel.

The updates are out already. 440.52 for Nvidia cards, the ones that can pass VRR over HDMI. Test it out if you have one. You'll have to enable it from Nvidia control panel.
Don't have the TV or a compatible card at this point so cant test

Got into the Ivy league of OLED. (55C9)
Can someone help me out with their SDR / HDR picture settings.
It seems FlatpanlesHD has settings shared with older firmware. Most of the parameters could not be found.
Rtings settings are vague and on high level.

Presently I am using SDR : ISFBrightmode [Ambient light sensor ON ( Energy Saving to Auto ), True Motion : Clear , Eye protection : On ( Warmer Color Temp), rest all Dynamic Tone Mapping ,noisereduction, superresoulution, Peak Brightness everything set to OFF]

HDR : Cinema Mode [Ambient light sensor ON ( Energy Saving to Auto ), True Motion : Clear , Eye protection : On ( Warmer Color Temp), Peak Brightness : Medium , rest all Dynamic Tone Mapping, noisereduction, superresoulution everything set to OFF]

I could not find the difference on the AI Picture On/OFF mode.

With the picture settings i am not satisfied as I migrated from Panasonic which has a perfect Picture Calibration. I feel there are still alot can be improved in C9 to make the Picture better.

It seems FlatpanlesHD has settings shared with older firmware. Most of the parameters could not be found.

Presently I am using SDR : ISFBrightmode [Ambient light sensor ON ( Energy Saving to Auto ), True Motion : Clear , Eye protection : On ( Warmer Color Temp), rest all Dynamic Tone Mapping ,noisereduction, superresoulution, Peak Brightness everything set to OFF]

HDR : Cinema Mode [Ambient light sensor ON ( Energy Saving to Auto ), True Motion : Clear , Eye protection : On ( Warmer Color Temp), Peak Brightness : Medium , rest all Dynamic Tone Mapping, noisereduction, superresoulution everything set to OFF]

With the picture settings i am not satisfied as I migrated from Panasonic which has a perfect Picture Calibration. I feel there are still alot can be improved in C9 to make the Picture better.

Turn off Eye Protection and Energy Saving. Not needed at all. Set color temperature to W40 or white balance to Warm 2 for accurate white point. Peak brightness high in all HDR modes and off in SDR. Noise reduction can be used for lower quality sources. Turn on smooth gradation to Low for all modes. Super resolution to low hasn't caused any problems yet either. Where's this ambient light sensor setting? Do you mean AI brightness?

Turn off Eye Protection and Energy Saving. Not needed at all. Set color temperature to W40 or white balance to Warm 2 for accurate white point. Peak brightness high in all HDR modes and off in SDR. Noise reduction can be used for lower quality sources. Turn on smooth gradation to Low for all modes. Super resolution to low hasn't caused any problems yet either. Where's this ambient light sensor setting? Do you mean AI brightness?

In ISFBright & Cinema HDR mode ; the White Balance is always locked for me and in color management I dont see the color Temperature parameter. [ Where to find this parameter] [ I am on 4.70*** firmware version ]
I kept HDR peak Brightness to "Medium" just to keep the Burn In risk away.[ Dont want OLED pixel to glow at their highest brightness]

I was looking for the Ambient Light Sensor like anything. As in Panasonic this sensor made the viewing experience perfect. I never bothered anytime whether i am in a dark room or brighter room.

Energy Saving is the Ambient Light Sensor .

AI brightness is another layer on top of the Energy Saving ( Ambient light Sensor ) for HDR mode.

How did you guys get the latest update on C9? As when I click on check for updates it says no updates found. My software version shows 04.70.05, is this the latest that everyone is using for C9?

Thanks

I too have the latest version 04.70.05. I can find all the parameters mentioned in FlatpanelsHD setting. I am using the same settings with few changes. That is OLED light 35 and R G B values in white balance 0.

Now the PQ is great.

I too have the latest version 04.70.05. I can find all the parameters mentioned in FlatpanelsHD setting. I am using the same settings with few changes. That is OLED light 35 and R G B values in white balance 0.

Now the PQ is great.

Maybe i need dig into it more... which Preset you have used for fine tuning !! ISFDark or Bright !!

Bought a C9 55inch on 31.10.2019. After installation I found out the Total power on time was 347 hours. The store (Khosla Electronics) is refusing to replace it. What should I do guys?

Bought a C9 55inch on 31.10.2019. After installation I found out the Total power on time was 347 hours. The store (Khosla Electronics) is refusing to replace it. What should I do guys?

Raise hell. Complain to LG. Threaten to sue them. They have unloaded an early display piece to you. Before doing that, do check grey uniformity and white tinting. If it's good, keep it, because odds are that the new one might be worse. 367 hours isn't much to cause any damage.

Raise hell. Complain to LG. Threaten to sue them. They have unloaded an early display piece to you. Before doing that, do check grey uniformity and white tinting. If it's good, keep it, because odds are that the new one might be worse. 367 hours isn't much to cause any damage.
I have sent mail to LG.Grey uniformity is decent did not notice any tinting. But the thing is I feel kind of cheated as I told them not to send me a display unit at least 5 times before making the purchase and they told me they will not do that. But they did the exact same thing. Feeling really angry for that reason.

Back