LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

I have two 4G WiFi connections. Airtel & JIO. LG C9 latest version 04.70.05. If I use the same WiFi there is no any issue. But if I use different WiFi (for ex Airtel > Jio > Airtel), then I have to re-enter password each time. This is particularly in C9. Are you anybody facing this issue? Or is this a fault in my set?

Yeah. It doesn't remember connection password.

Got the service remote from AliExpress. TPC to off. Hopefully this will be an end to the dimming in dark scenes.

Thanks for the confirmation. So, It is an issue in C9. I have checked some other LCD models. There is no such issue. Going to contact LG.

Can't be sure. Message them or contact them on LG community.

Regarding the ASBL, I haven't checked yet. Not going to either as it's not always repeatable. I'll just continue watching the content I'm watching and see if it happens again.

Can't be sure. Message them or contact them on LG community.

Regarding the ASBL, I haven't checked yet. Not going to either as it's not always repeatable. I'll just continue watching the content I'm watching and see if it happens again.
I have already contacted LG through Email for some other queries. I received reply within 24 hours. In some cases they transfer the mail to concerning department, so take some more time. Overall the service is best.

Regarding the ASBL.....Eagerly waiting......

I have already contacted LG through Email for some other queries. I received reply within 24 hours. In some cases they transfer the mail to concerning department, so take some more time. Overall the service is best.

Don't wait. Just order one. Lol

It'll cost 400 Rs. Nothing to lose.

What is other use of service remote? If we use it in wrong way, will it be harmful to TV?

Can you share the AliExpress link?

Just turn off TPC Enable. That's ASBL. Do nothing else, and nothing will happen. Mess the wrong setting, and it might be harmful.

US $7.99 | MKJ39170828 Beyution New MKJ39170828 Service Remote Control for LG LCD LED TV

Regarding multiple WiFi connections password issue I contacted LG Care through email. Received reply with in 12 hours. They transferred the email to technical department. As usual I received call from Technical team within 48 hours. They informed that it is normal :(.

Regarding multiple WiFi connections password issue I contacted LG Care through email. Received reply with in 12 hours. They transferred the email to technical department. As usual I received call from Technical team within 48 hours. They informed that it is normal :(.

Haha! It's pretty tough to get this companies to resolve issues that aren't major. Sucks!

Haha! It's pretty tough to get this companies to resolve issues that aren't major. Sucks!
Yes, It is not a major issue. we can manage. At least LG replies to our queries. Usually, if I am going to purchase any costly electronics items, I will first contact their customer support, just to check the quality of the support. Before purchasing C9, I contacted LG and am satisfied. Then only booked. When I was searching for OLED, I contacted some other brand too. They did not even reply.

Got a new soundbar. Went cheap and took Edifier B3, but it was a calculated decision that for once has worked well, unlike Metz. Lol. I found the sound from the TV, while being loud enough especially with AI sound, was too thin and caused aural fatigue. Stressed syllables would often have a harsh edge, and AI sound and even acoustic tuning just made it worse by making the sound brighter. Now this soundbar has a fuller and smoother sound, and it's a lot more pleasant to hear. Dialogues are clearer and music doesn't overpower them. Bass extension is similar to the TV, but not pushed in the balanced mode. I'm sticking to that. Don't want extra bass. The TV's bass bump made Frank Underwood sound boomy in House of Cards. A lot more pleasant to listen to with this soundbar again. There's also a news mode which enhances the voices and reduces bass a bit for night viewing if needed. I'll hold off on it for now, as no neighbor has complained as of yet.

I was initially going for bookshelf speakers, Edifier S880DB, but then space restrictions held me back. Will make do with this soundbar for now. It doesn't have any virtual surround modes, which is fine by me as I didn't enjoy AI sound, and DTS virtualX in Yamaha 109, another shortlist I had, makes sounds a bit brighter too. Anyway, will review further in detail on Amazon after using for a weeks.

Coming back to the TV's connectivity itself, I connected the soundbar using 3.5mm audio out, hoping I'll be able to control the sound from TV's remote only, but LG has disabled that. Dammit! Will switch to optical out if I notice any quality issues. It doesn't have HDMI input with ARC, which I have read also allows controlling sound with remote. Polk Signa S2 has that, and it was on sale for 16900 Rs. till two days ago, but I didn't want a subwoofer. It seems like a good option, with good driver configuration and more processing modes.

Last edited:
Got a new soundbar. Went cheap and took Edifier B3, but it was a calculated decision that for once has worked well, unlike Metz. Lol. I found the sound from the TV, while being loud enough especially with AI sound, was too thin and caused aural fatigue. Stressed syllables would often have a harsh edge, and AI sound and even acoustic tuning just made it worse by making the sound brighter. Now this soundbar has a fuller and smoother sound, and it's a lot more pleasant to hear. Dialogues are clearer and music doesn't overpower them. Bass extension is similar to the TV, but not pushed in the balanced mode. I'm sticking to that. Don't want extra bass. The TV's bass bump made Frank Underwood sound boomy in House of Cards. A lot more pleasant to listen to with this soundbar again. There's also a news mode which enhances the voices and reduces bass a bit for night viewing if needed. I'll hold off on it for now, as no neighbor has complained as of yet.

I was initially going for bookshelf speakers, Edifier S880DB, but then space restrictions held me back. Will make do with this soundbar for now. It doesn't have any virtual surround modes, which is fine by me as I didn't enjoy AI sound, and DTS virtualX in Yamaha 109, another shortlist I had, makes sounds a bit brighter too. Anyway, will review further in detail on Amazon after using for a weeks.

Coming back to the TV's connectivity itself, I connected the soundbar using 3.5mm audio out, hoping I'll be able to control the sound from TV's remote only, but LG has disabled that. Dammit! Will switch to optical out if I notice any quality issues. It doesn't have HDMI input with ARC, which I have read also allows controlling sound with remote. Polk Signa S2 has that, and it was on sale for 16900 Rs. till two days ago, but I didn't want a subwoofer. It seems like a good option, with good driver configuration and more processing modes.
I got LG SL6Y free with 55C9. The showroom manager was ready to less only 10k if I don't want soundbar, but the market value of it is 16k to 19k. Initially I keep it aside unopened as I didn't want it and decided to sell for minimum 15k. In few days I found that dialogues are overpowered by background music C9 internal speakers. I tried clear voice III option. Dialogues were clear but it ruined the movie effect. So I decided to try SL6Y. Now the sound effect is improved a lot. It is far enough at least for me. Now the dialogues are clear and music is also like theater effect. Now I decided to keep the soundbar.

I got LG SL6Y free with 55C9. The showroom manager was ready to less only 10k if I don't want soundbar, but the market value of it is 16k to 19k. Initially I keep it aside unopened as I didn't want it and decided to sell for minimum 15k. In few days I found that dialogues are overpowered by background music C9 internal speakers. I tried clear voice III option. Dialogues were clear but it ruined the movie effect. So I decided to try SL6Y. Now the sound effect is improved a lot. It is far enough at least for me. Now the dialogues are clear and music is also like theater effect. Now I decided to keep the soundbar.

Haha! Thats good. I played around so much with settings, just wasn't happy with any. Then the tonality also started bugging. I never noticed these things with the old cheap TVs. I guess expectations ramp up. Lol

I tried really hard to somehow fit in S880DB though. I loved everything that I read about them. Can't wait to move to a bigger house, then bigger TV and then better speakers. Desires never end. ;)

Haha! Thats good. I played around so much with settings, just wasn't happy with any. Then the tonality also started bugging. I never noticed these things with the old cheap TVs. I guess expectations ramp up. Lol

I tried really hard to somehow fit in S880DB though. I loved everything that I read about them. Can't wait to move to a bigger house, then bigger TV and then better speakers. Desires never end. ;)
What you said is correct. Desires never end.

C9 supports Dolby Atmos, but SL6Y does not. I tried Dolby Atmos sample audio. SL6Y is much better than C9 internal speakers. The only missing is surround sound. Now, I decided to buy SPK8-S real speakers for surround sound. Yes, Desires never end.

What you said is correct. Desires never end.

C9 supports Dolby Atmos, but SL6Y does not. I tried Dolby Atmos sample audio. SL6Y is much better than C9 internal speakers. The only missing is surround sound. Now, I decided to buy SPK8-S real speakers for surround sound. Yes, Desires never end.

Here's where our desires depart paths. Lol

I don't like surround sound and Atmos. It works for me only on giant screens, when sitting in the most optimal seat. Even then I don't like sounds coming from behind. I just want a wider stereo soundstage now with highest quality speakers that I can get. Anyway, not C9 related.

Good luck with your upgrade though! Hoping all handshakes well.

premium content not playing in hotstar app in lgc9. Attaching screen shot. Pls help

Attachments

• 04042050-BC0F-4B4C-AD00-EE89027C7B7B.jpeg
    04042050-BC0F-4B4C-AD00-EE89027C7B7B.jpeg
    508.5 KB · Views: 27
As you know that xiomi oled will be launched in 2 months time, do you think webos is better than patchwall in practical use?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back