LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

ISF Dark room. If you tell me exactly which parameters you couldn't find, then I will guide you.
I am attaching the ISF dark advance settings screenshot... In my case the "white balance" is locked (greyed) and in "Color Management" i dont see any color temperature settings. Inside "picture option" sub menu ' Black level' n 'Real Cinema' is locked .

This is same in ISF bright mode as well .. photos taken couldn't be attached due to large size

I am attaching the ISF dark advance settings screenshot... In my case the "white balance" is locked (greyed) and in "Color Management" i dont see any color temperature settings. Inside "picture option" sub menu ' Black level' n 'Real Cinema' is locked .

This is same in ISF bright mode as well .. photos taken couldn't be attached due to large size
IMG-20191105-WA0008.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20191105-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20191105-WA0009.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-20191105-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20191105-WA0010.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-20191105-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20191105-WA0011.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 20
Have you tried reset option available in ISF Expert mode? Or entire OS level resetting?

Which device have you connected? I think some device may not support some options.

I have tried AIRTEL DTH with HDMI cable and USB pen drive. In both able to change all parameters.

I reset the Picture Settings ( ISF Dark /Bright ) ... resulted same. Complete System reset i have not done.. Does LG set require it after a newe version update ?

I am using the inbuilt apps ( Youtube, Netflix, Prime ). Not yet tried the HDMI as i have only a chromecast and no settopbox.

One more Point. .. Does LG support HDR10 or HDR10Pro ??

Yesterday i was watching Jack Ryan 2nd Season. ( supports HDR10+) . 55C9 was playing it in HDR10 . The picture Quality was Ok not excellent.
The worst thing i had observed is the sudden light blooming during the brighter scenes specially at transition from a darker scene to a brighter scene which has light background.It was so annoying and almost blinding my eyes at dark room.

LGs Ambient Light Sensor & AI brightness requires a immediate fine tuning . Not at all acceptable for a Premium price tagged TV.

Also The subtitles were displayed in brightest white; could not find any option to dim it .This subtitle birghtness voids all the fun of watching Olded in a dark room. I avoided Sony 9500G just for the Subtitle blooming ; but in OLED also end of the day subtitle became a blocker.

Last edited:
I reset the Picture Settings ( ISF Dark /Bright ) ... resulted same. Complete System reset i have not done.. Does LG set require it after a newe version update ?

I am using the inbuilt apps ( Youtube, Netflix, Prime ). Not yet tried the HDMI as i have only a chromecast and no settopbox.

One more Point. .. Does LG support HDR10 or HDR10Pro ??

Yesterday i was watching Jack Ryan 2nd Season. ( supports HDR10+) . 55C9 was playing it in HDR10 . The picture Quality was Ok not excellent.
The worst thing i had observed is the sudden light blooming during the brighter scenes specially at transition from a darker scene to a brighter scene which has light background.It was so annoying and almost blinding my eyes at dark room.

LGs Ambient Light Sensor & AI brightness requires a immediate fine tuning . Not at all acceptable for a Premium price tagged TV.

Also The subtitles were displayed in brightest white; could not find any option to dim it .This subtitle birghtness voids all the fun of watching Olded in a dark room. I avoided Sony 9500G just for the Subtitle blooming ; but in OLED also end of the day subtitle became a blocker.

No need to reset after every update. I suggested resetting as a resolution for the issue you reported.

LG support HDR10, HDR10 PRO & Dolby Vision but not HDR 10+. As far as I know the only TV brand that supports all of them including HDR 10 + is Panasonic.

I have no idea about that sudden light blooming issue, because I still don't have a good broad band to play Prime, Netflix.... Airtel / JIO are very weak inside home. But @Marakk described issue like this here few weeks ago.

I have disabled ambient light and AI.

Last edited:
No need to reset after every update. I suggest resetting to resolve the issue.

LG support HDR10, HDR10 PRO & Dolby Vision but not HDR 10+. The only TV brand that supports all of them including HDR 10 + is Panasonic.

I have no idea about that sudden light blooming issue, because I still don't have a good broad band. Airtel / JIO are very weak inside home. But @Marakk described issue like this here few weeks ago.

The delayed brightness change is an issue that happens sometimes. I'll be testing it after disabling ASBL soon. Within a week I'll get a service remote delivered. Will report after that.

As far as subtitles are concerned, you can turn them to semi transparent on Netflix, but Amazon app sucks. Amazon app on fire stick might be better. Many people have complained about this, but LG says Amazon should do it, and Amazon doesn't do anything. Whoops! I just use smaller font without borders on in-built Amazon app for HDR shows, and they are alright. Not as good as grey or semi-transparent, but can't be helped. You would have the same issue on FALD sets too, along with added blooming and brightness fluctuations in some sets too. OLED is much than that. Not perfect. Not at all.

Also, what HDR settings afe you using? I have seen The Boys, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Good Omens on internal Amazon app and they all looked fantastic.

Also, what HDR settings afe you using? I have seen The Boys, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Good Omens on internal Amazon app and they all looked fantastic.

I am using Cinema HDR (super resolution low , smooth gradation low , Truemotion user (2,5) , Energy Saving :Auto , PeakBrightness :medium.)

I am using Cinema HDR (super resolution low , smooth gradation low , Truemotion user (2,5) , Energy Saving :Auto , PeakBrightness :medium.)

Turn off energy saving. Whatever it's doing, you don't need it. I'm not sure it's ambient light sensor. If you have a good source that clarifies that, do link. I prefer AI brightness for tweaking tone mapping based on ambient light. Not sure if it's available in Cinema mode, but it's there in Technicolor, which is what I use. Please turn Peak Brightness to High. Entire image doesn't brighten up, just the peak highlights.

I have currently all the AI settings enabled. Just wanted to see if its really AI that employs machine learning and improves picture quality with machine learning algorithm ! :p

The delayed brightness change is an issue that happens sometimes. I'll be testing it after disabling ASBL soon. Within a week I'll get a service remote delivered. Will report after that.

As far as subtitles are concerned, you can turn them to semi transparent on Netflix, but Amazon app sucks. Amazon app on fire stick might be better. Many people have complained about this, but LG says Amazon should do it, and Amazon doesn't do anything. Whoops! I just use smaller font without borders on in-built Amazon app for HDR shows, and they are alright. Not as good as grey or semi-transparent, but can't be helped. You would have the same issue on FALD sets too, along with added blooming and brightness fluctuations in some sets too. OLED is much than that. Not perfect. Not at all.

May I ask what sort of broadband speed you are using? I am on a 100Mbps plan and amazon prime video always fluctuating between HD HDR and Ultra HDR. Netflix works fine though. I have also noticed Twitch struggles to keep up with my broadband while youtube and mixer just works fine.

May I ask what sort of broadband speed you are using? I am on a 100Mbps plan and amazon prime video always fluctuating between HD HDR and Ultra HDR. Netflix works fine though. I have also noticed Twitch struggles to keep up with my broadband while youtube and mixer just works fine.

I'm also on 100 Mbps Airtel broadband, and I haven't had any such issues. Maybe check your connection. I even stream 4k rips over 5 GHz wifi without any stops for buffering.

No need to reset after every update. I suggested resetting as a resolution for the issue you reported.

LG support HDR10, HDR10 PRO & Dolby Vision but not HDR 10+. As far as I know the only TV brand that supports all of them including HDR 10 + is Panasonic.

I have no idea about that sudden light blooming issue, because I still don't have a good broad band to play Prime, Netflix.... Airtel / JIO are very weak inside home. But @Marakk described issue like this here few weeks ago.

I have disabled ambient light and AI.
Philips is also supporting all the HDR formats on their 2019 Oled models. LG and Sony said their dynamic tone mapping on top of HDR10 provides the same picture quality as HDR10+. They might be right as both are algorithmic approach for dynamic meta data.

I'm also on 100 Mbps Airtel broadband, and I haven't had any such issues. Maybe check your connection. I even stream 4k rips over 5 GHz wifi without any stops for buffering.
I have connected my tv via lan and also played a few 4k rips (over 25mbps bit rate) by emby and they worked fine. Do you constantly get Ultra HDR on Prime video?

I have two 4G WiFi connections. Airtel & JIO. LG C9 latest version 04.70.05. If I use the same WiFi there is no any issue. But if I use different WiFi (for ex Airtel > Jio > Airtel), then I have to re-enter password each time. This is particularly in C9. Are you anybody facing this issue? Or is this a fault in my set?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back