LG CX Discussion (No Price Talk)

1. Watched thor on the 65" on hotstar Disney. Wow, even though pic quality was 1080p.
2 . Apple app has given 3 months of free subscription yesterday.
3. Reached 970 tv hours on the lg since buying in may this year. Average of 5.5 hrs per day of ontime. Seems the Olympics and t20 world cup have added significant hours to the tv. And i use it like a normal tv. No special precautions.

1. Watched thor on the 65" on hotstar Disney. Wow, even though pic quality was 1080p.
Fire TV is not playing movies in hotstar Disney and only WebOS plays it.(since the past couple days) But like you say at a good resolution. Even SunNxt does not play movies through Firestick. Wonder why I even bought Firestick when the webos plays everything fine. There is even a punch in the audio quality.

Fire TV is not playing movies in hotstar Disney and only WebOS plays it.(since the past couple days) But like you say at a good resolution. Even SunNxt does not play movies through Firestick. Wonder why I even bought Firestick when the webos plays everything fine. There is even a punch in the audio quality

Well in case of Disney the firestick supports 4k which the webOS does not. Apart from this I think that the webOS is great.

Well in case of Disney the firestick supports 4k which the webOS does not. Apart from this I think that the webOS is great.
Yes that's why I bought one when lightgamer alerted us on its discounted sale. But all of a sudden since last three days firestick is not playing movies from hotstar - it continues to play other video stubs, series and sitcom, sports etc... etc... But not movies from firestick. Webos continues to play all formats. Can somebody confirm if they are facing similar issues ?

Hi,

Have anyone using FireTV 4k stick with LG OLED that you bought recently?

Disney+ Hotstar doesn't have updated 4K LG webOS app. Hence we cannot get Disney+ 4k HDR DolbyVision videos there. So I have been using FireTV stick 4k for it. My setup is like below:

FireTv Stick -> LG BX65 OLED TV

It has been good, and I used to view all the Dolby Vision contents . I have a premium subscription. But from the last one week , any Dolby vision content is not working.

It is not a problem with 4K movie content of hotstar tab section.

Only the 4k content from disney+ having this issue.

The error message is this:

Playback Error
Error playing this content due to media services being unavailable on your device. Please restart your device and try again. (PL-1000)

-> I tried playing Dolby vision from other apps like Netflix, Apple TV and Prime and all are fine.
-> Tried clearing data/cache and also re-installed the app.
-> Couple of FireTV reboots and LG TV reboots also did not help

There simply seems to be no fix for this issue.

The Issue is limited to Hotstar (Disney+). I contacted their Support but was unable to get any good help.
They ask me to do the same things I already did above
They ask me now to factory-reset the FireTV , but that did not solved the issue.

Has anyone else faced the same issue?

Hi,

Have anyone using FireTV 4k stick with LG OLED that you bought recently?

Disney+ Hotstar doesn't have updated 4K LG webOS app. Hence we cannot get Disney+ 4k HDR DolbyVision videos there. So I have been using FireTV stick 4k for it. My setup is like below:

FireTv Stick -> LG BX65 OLED TV

It has been good, and I used to view all the Dolby Vision contents . I have a premium subscription. But from the last one week , any Dolby vision content is not working.

It is not a problem with 4K movie content of hotstar tab section.

Only the 4k content from disney+ having this issue.

The error message is this:

Playback Error
Error playing this content due to media services being unavailable on your device. Please restart your device and try again. (PL-1000)

-> I tried playing Dolby vision from other apps like Netflix, Apple TV and Prime and all are fine.
-> Tried clearing data/cache and also re-installed the app.
-> Couple of FireTV reboots and LG TV reboots also did not help

There simply seems to be no fix for this issue.

The Issue is limited to Hotstar (Disney+). I contacted their Support but was unable to get any good help.
They ask me to do the same things I already did above
They ask me now to factory-reset the FireTV , but that did not solved the issue.

Has anyone else faced the same issue?
I have faced it and I use lg CX 65" and even sun nxt movies are not playing apart from hotstar plus. Webos only plays them. Tv series video stubs etc work.

Good news folks. Disney+ Hotstar on webos now started to support 4K HDR Dolby Vision support from today.

It is absolutely treat to watch disney+ 4k movies on oled.

Good news folks. Disney+ Hotstar on webos now started to support 4K HDR Dolby Vision support from today.

It is absolutely treat to watch disney+ 4k movies on oled.
You didn't notice the quality improvement earlier? Firestick was no longer needed as a matter of fact.

Yes. I didn't see this before in lg default app before. Even could of days back.

Have you watched Hotstar 4k content on LG app before itself?
The past four days I was forced to. Even SunNxt does not play movie content with firestick but with webos it works with improved content and PQ.

Just confirmed. We have 4k on Disney hotstar on lg cx native app.
Just checked Loki and mandalorian, both running at 22.9 mbps . Previously both were at 5 mbps.
Anything above 15 mbps is 4k.
Yippee.

I have faced it and I use lg CX 65" and even sun nxt movies are not playing apart from hotstar plus. Webos only plays them. Tv series video stubs etc work.
I think this is resolved could not find any issues with fire tv playing 4k videos /movies

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back