Liberty Grandview Screen locking is not working

subodh

I took Liberty Grandview screen from Sanghavi Impex shop in bangalore. with in 5 months its auto locking system is broken. Now it is totally freely moving and not stoping.

I called shopper about this he said that there is no gurantee on product and for repair it has to pack and send to the hydrabad repair center, it may cost 2-3k plus no gurantee that while courier it may broken.

Please suggest if anybody else is faced this kind of issue.. Suggestions are most welcome.

I am thinking to put hook in bottom where I can tie the screen but it will not look good. Any other idea please.

Faced exactly the same problem with my liberty grand view screen! For now, I have lifted the bottom and made it go a full round over the casing from the front and allowed it fall back again from behind the casing. This enabled the screen to reach back to the desired height and even the ripples have reduced. And since there is enough black masking on the top, it works. Of course it becomes a fixed screen then!!

That's terrible. I have been using this screen for 2 years without any issues. But having seen how that autolocking works (tries to detect any screen movement for couple of seconds, locks if it doesn't detect), i guess chances of failure are there.
What exactly is the prob? No upward pull? or there is upward pull but doesn't lock at the position? If it is the latter, i guess the hook solution would work. Even a fixed hook which can be hidden behind the screen when locked would be aesthetically ok too.
I agree that it would be too much effort to dismantle it from wall and send it anywhere, it is too heavy. If i got to that situation i might just get the screen material cut and get it framed to make it fixed screen!!

Thanks Ashish and Sash for the quick reply... but unfortunately I cannot make the screen fixed.. We have designed the TV Stand in such a way that our TV is behind.So when we wish to see the projector, we roll the screen down, else it remains up in the panel as we enjoy seeing TV.

Time to sell the TV! :).

On a serious note, I spoke to the vendor at that time and he said the auto lock can be fixed at my place itself. I didn't bother because it was out of warranty and its in my dedicated HT and always pulled down. Try and reason with your vendor, and maybe offer to pay the travel cost of his technician. Tell him 1000s of future customers are discussing your service on India's largest AV forum :).

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back