Light changing weirdly

Pratters

I tried watching the latest India-Australia game and after about ten minutes, the color changed a bit and the Indian unforms appeared a bit greenish. Then it changed back to blue before again changing back to green.

I switched off and switched on my projector again and the color was fine before again changing to greenish for 2-3 minutes. However, it thankfully changed back to blue and worked fine for the next couple of hours I had the projector on.

I am very worried here. My lamp is just around 150 hours old. So what do I need to do and what could be the problem? I haven't really turned on the projector in the past 2 months except once around a week back for 10 minutes.

Does your projector have in built tuner or you are using ext tuner or STB?
I feel this is nothing to do with projector but issue of faulty /loose cable.
Chk a BD/Media Player stream for prolonged period..

Keep us posted

An answer to the following questions describing your signal chain from source to projector would be helpful.

Is it a regular cable feed into a TV tuner inside the projector? Or is it a STB for a digital cable or DTH service?

How is the source connected to the projector? Is it via a AVR or is it direct? What type of cables are used to connect? HDMI, RCA, Component, SVideo?

Also what model of projector are you using? Is it a 3LCD projector, DLP with colour wheel projector, or some other technology?

-- no1lives4ever

Yeah I read other places too. Should be the lose cable from all accords. Phew. I was like, my lamp's gone.

I will try and change the cable and see how it goes from there. For television signal, I have my DTH connected to the projector via a composite cable. It should be component but I didn't have one at the time and I don't watch tv usually with the projector, so didn't bother.

Movies via discs or media players were fine when I played them last. Definitely looks like a cable problem.. I will let you know if I still have problem regarding this. Thanks a lot guys.

Yeah I read other places too. Should be the lose cable from all accords. Phew. I was like, my lamp's gone.

I will try and change the cable and see how it goes from there. For television signal, I have my DTH connected to the projector via a composite cable. It should be component but I didn't have one at the time and I don't watch tv usually with the projector, so didn't bother.

Movies via discs or media players were fine when I played them last. Definitely looks like a cable problem.. I will let you know if I still have problem regarding this. Thanks a lot guys.

Seems like either an issue with your STB or the cable. But with composite cable colour shifts should never happen. Also try checking other channels when you see this problem.

I have a Dish TruHD STB which would show cartoon colours from time to time. A reset of that box was required to get rid of the colour shifts.

-- no1lives4ever

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back