Lip sync issues

Love4sound

I am sure a lot of you would have had this trouble. How did you rectify this problem. No matter how much I adjust the lip sync setting in the receiver, Blu Ray player or the nvidia shield I just don’t seem to get rid of this. Share your experience please

Hey Hi,

What is the source content? Usually thats where such issues lie.
MaSh

I have not really faced this issue.....maybe once or twice with downloaded movie DD content...which was the file issue actually and hence did a fresh download then no issue....

also at times, the HDMI cable can be the culprit as it cannot sent quick enough video and audio....always video is given priority and then audio.....(Light travels faster than sound). If your HDMI cable can handle good amount of data per second then the viewed content is to blame

I have not really faced this issue.....maybe once or twice with downloaded movie DD content...which was the file issue actually and hence did a fresh download then no issue....

also at times, the HDMI cable can be the culprit as it cannot sent quick enough video and audio....always video is given priority and then audio.....(Light travels faster than sound). If your HDMI cable can handle good amount of data per second then the viewed content is to blame
Ok I am using belkin hdmi 1.4 version cable. It supports 4k and 3d nd rated at speed 10gbps.

I use a Monster MC700HD which supports upto 14gbps or 18gbps ......it is 5 years old and still works like a charm.

Suggest you check the source.....settings if possible....

I use a Monster MC700HD which supports upto 14gbps or 18gbps ......it is 5 years old and still works like a charm.

Suggest you check the source.....settings if possible....
ok i have some blu rays let me check if it has any lip sync issues. Ill keep hdmi cable upgrade as last option

Sure...check all sources and various files / Discs before making further investments....

There are so many new cables in the market now...before purchase check ..read reviews then place the order

Sure...check all sources and various files / Discs before making further investments....

There are so many new cables in the market now...before purchase check ..read reviews then place the order
I have zeroed in on audio quest pearl hdmi cable.

What's your chain? Are there any parallel chains running, say one for audio and another for video?

MaSh

Meaning two lines going out from a single source. For example an HDMI going from source to TV and an optical going from same source to receiver for audio.

MaSh
No I don’t use optical cable. Shield nd Blu-ray player connected to the avr using hdmi and the out put from avr is connected to tv via hdmi cable. All there hdmi cables are same model

No I don’t use optical cable. Shield nd Blu-ray player connected to the avr using hdmi and the out put from avr is connected to tv via hdmi cable. All there hdmi cables are same model
Hmm that's great. Try resetting your receiver and check. Also, try connecting these sources directly to the TV and see if the issue persists.

MaSh

Hmm that's great. Try resetting your receiver and check. Also, try connecting these sources directly to the TV and see if the issue persists.

MaSh

ok before i do that in denon you have lip sync set up. you can set it to auto correction and also manually adjust from 0-500 ms. so 0-500 ms is delaying the audio signal right?

ok before i do that in denon you have lip sync set up. you can set it to auto correction and also manually adjust from 0-500 ms. so 0-500 ms is delaying the audio signal right?

Yes that is what it will do. However, it will do that for every signal going through it. This issue may not be there in every source connected or every content being played. Hence, I do not like to change that, rather single out the content/source and correct it at that level.

MaSh

Yes that is what it will do. However, it will do that for every signal going through it. This issue may not be there in every source connected or every content being played. Hence, I do not like to change that, rather single out the content/source and correct it at that level.

MaSh
Well i am not sure if it is the source problem. I got denon and dali by June last year and before that i used yamaha yht 299 and did not have the issue. And after the upgrade from day one on all contents i am having the lip sync issue. I think the audio is slightly ahead of the video

Well i am not sure if it is the source problem. I got denon and dali by June last year and before that i used yamaha yht 299 and did not have the issue. And after the upgrade from day one on all contents i am having the lip sync issue. I think the audio is slightly ahead of the video

Hmm okay, I would then first do the factory reset. If that does not resolve it then yes try tweaking the lip sync settings. You could also try a different HDMI port on the receiver or even another HDMI cable.

MaSh

Last edited:
Hmm okay, I would then first do the factory reset. If that does not resolve it then yes try tweaking the lip sync settings. You could also try a different HDMI port on the receiver or even another HDMI cable.

MaSh
Ok will give it a try

The lipsync lag if its consistent should be because of some place where there is an issue, could be source - nvidia or cable or avr. Can you check if you change from bitstream to decode in nvidia, if it makes sense. Similarly, in the bdp, let it decode and see the difference. Post that try the same in the avr in both settings.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back