La Diva Compact Disc Transport
c]
DAC is from Italy - Aqua Hi Fi
Formula precision R2R Optologic dac
Formula DAC
d]
Pre Amp - South Africa - Valve Audio
Genesis is the Name [Model]
Valve Audio - Integrated amplifiers, Pre-amplifier / Power Amplifier combos, Dual Mono block Power Amplifiers, Valve Phono Stages
e]
Power Amp - South Africa - Valve Audio
Genesis is the Name [Model] - Mono Amps
Valve Audio - Integrated amplifiers, Pre-amplifier / Power Amplifier combos, Dual Mono block Power Amplifiers, Valve Phono Stages
f]
Power Cords - 3 pieces
Denmark - Bertram Audio - Ultima Series.
g]
LPS Power Supply - Computer 'formatted' with Windows 2012 Server & 3 music play back softwares :-
J River
J Play
HQ Player
Music is playing & all components are working well together.
I am satisfied.
All are welcome for a listen !
:)

https://ibb.co/bKXuSF

https://ibb.co/nuxiMa

https://ibb.co/coKkZv

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/hRTFs"><a href="//imgur.com/hRTFs"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is the Atlas Cable - Asimi XLR Interconnect Cable !
Super Resolution. Top product !
Highly recommended...

hs42ns.jpg

2lad8b5.jpg

2n0po4l.jpg

Last edited:
A visit after more then 2 years
The computer source was mostly same , maybe a cable change here and there
Amps and speakers same as before . Maybe some changes in cable
The changes were in the dac which is now a aqua formula dac and matching transport

We did not have enough time to listen to transport but did listen to dac fed via the computer transport

The dac was fed in 2 ways
1) all tracks upsampled to DSD 2x
2) all tracks played on native resolution and dac on NOS mode

In both modes the usual trait of the setup was intact. Huge and deep stage, extremely tight and textured bass and resolving mids

But with upsampling to DSD 2x the music was more detailed but at slight expense of more natural and organic sound

So maybe for certain music the upsampling mode would be preferred

But personally I would prefer NOS mode for its more natural vocals , organic tonality of instruments, more depth in sound stage and absolutely fatigue free sound.
The last point holds importance when one is having a long listening session.

Overall a morning spent well with some good music and one more take on how high end setup should sound

Ofcourse personal preference does come into picture and it's not that I don't like the other well sorted setups I have heard
But this flavour of hifi is also quiet enjoyable

Mazher, thanks for accommodating us in such a short notice

I was there with Rikhav and enjoyed the session. Mazher is very gracious host. I agree with Rikhav on his observation .
For me everything was top class and one can not imagine the soundstage speakers were throwing so seating near to them.
Many positive things have been written in the past about the sound and setup , so I am writing about the weak point of the system.
For me source was highly compromised and noise floor was high for system of such calibre.
Reason is computer based system. No matter how much high quality power supply you feed to the computer , computer itself generated EMI/RFI.
So whatever high resolution music you play , EMI/RFI eats up your last bit of information and adds noise to signature.
This noise was evident when ears were not able to withstand bit of loudness.
Single board computers , which dont have EMI/RFI generator component are best suited for audio and I hope Mazher will strive in noiseless source direction to make justice to his high precision equipment based system. I hope I may able to listen to INNEOUS some day or something like that in Mazher's house in near future and I would be the first person to be in Mumbai only for that reason.
Thanks Mazher for having us and I am never going to sit in your RS4 again...fat gayi thi..:eek:

1 big oversight...
I should have played Meeting by the River and Tutti on CD in the CDT to give you a first hand comparison between Computer Audio Playback and Aqua Hi Fi CDT Playback... That in my books is the only and final test for any person when it comes to computer audio playback.. How good or How bad it is...
Next visit, we will do it... Welcome still....

PS Thanks, both of you, for your time and visit. It was nice to meet fellow audiophiles...

1 big oversight...
I should have played Meeting by the River and Tutti on CD in the CDT to give you a first hand comparison between Computer Audio Playback and Aqua Hi Fi CDT Playback... That in my books is the only and final test for any person when it comes to computer audio playback.. How good or How bad it is...
Next visit, we will do it... Welcome still....

PS Thanks, both of you, for your time and visit. It was nice to meet fellow audiophiles...

Yes sir
It was a big miss. I had it in mind as I also wanted to hear the aqua transport but in the end completely forgot about it

Yes, it would have been a good comparison with computer audio

Yes sir
Yes, it would have been a good comparison with computer audio

Well, I have done is 'several' times.
I personally believe any person that plays the CA Game - must have a 'credible' transport in the chain.
Any Computer Rip in Wave - dB Power Amp - must be compared with a CDT.

In my case, I have done it & keep doing it & although I have 3K ++ CD's I prefer the Computer
@ my house to the CDT. Therefore I playback only from the Computer.
If the CDT was 'better' I would use that - cause the 'software' [CD's] does exist in my possession.

That said, it would have been nice to let my 2 esteemed guests experience it - first hand.
We do it some other day....CDT V/S CA !!

I have the HDtracks download. Have you heard it? How does it compare with the CD?
Respected Sir,
I do have too;
I like. The CD & 16/44.1 is 'preferred' by me. I am NOT a DSD or 192 Htz FAN !
But my eternal quest for Indian Classical - great performances & excellent recordings is never ending.
If you have suggestions - please do share.
My 1st love is Indian Classical & good recordings are few & far between... Been hunting forever - just unable to find.

Respected Sir,
I do have too;
I like. The CD & 16/44.1 is 'preferred' by me. I am NOT a DSD or 192 Htz FAN !
But my eternal quest for Indian Classical - great performances & excellent recordings is never ending.
If you have suggestions - please do share.
My 1st love is Indian Classical & good recordings are few & far between... Been hunting forever - just unable to find.
My download of "Meeting.." is 16/44.1.
Also I am very grateful for your pointers to Sense Music, Chhand Dhara, "The Rain" album and others that I have added to my collection.
It's been a pleasure and huge learning experience visiting you.
And, please, we are friends. "Respected Sir" is not needed.

hey guys had a gala time at mazhars "den" i think would call it ,as it is his personal space by him for him n his
intrests ,first of all hats off to him for his keen intrest n efforts in stereo music his audio collection n efforts to source
specially indian classical music is phenomenal and is hard to find n a joy to see.he is a lovely n charming host very sharp
intellect which he says is a by product of this hobby i appreciate n agree to that, he roams around a lot n has lot of experiencs n
intresting things to share so i wud encourage any aspiring audiophile to have a visit to him to feel his journey if he permits.
as per the setup i would point out few positives n negatives which i found ,this is my opinion for his then attached system
with tidal standmount speakers ,and we listened to all kind of music from pandit bhimsen to alison krauss to chris botti
to bollywood songs n his library is huge n impressive(he has kept himself quite up to date from tech point of view)
positives :-
1)very musical setup.
2)huge soundstage(little high altitude imaging)given the room size.
3)non fatiguing.
4)impressive lineage of gear.
Negatives :-
1)noise in the system+.
2)there is slight echo in the room.
3)little laidback.
4)bass was little less for my taste.
I thank n congratulate mazhar bhai for being such a wonderful n generous host with a fantastic setup .
i think its a must visit place for any audiophile in the vicinity.

Positives :-
1)very musical setup.
2)huge soundstage (little high altitude imaging) given the room size.
3)non fatiguing.
4)impressive lineage of gear.
Negatives :-
1)noise in the system+.
2)there is slight echo in the room.
3)little laidback.
4)bass was little less for my taste.

Sir,
Hello !
Thanks You for your time & visit - it was much appreciated.
It was a nice session on Sunday - 4 + hours. You are most welcome home - when ever
you visit Mumbai. My doors are open for you.

Within the +ve [Thanks]
Yes, I do have an 'elevated' sound stage - but I prefer it like that.
Point # 4, I do not agree with - I have never seen any of the components installed & used any
where in the world - except the Aqua [That too has a very poor review in Stereophile - November issue]

Within the -ve
I may not have completely understood point # 1
Point # 2 / 3 / 4, I accept - 100 % correct.
I do have a 'high' RT for my room - I have done ZERO Treatment - it is a Bare Room.
Yes, the set up is very laid back - I do like a 'recessed' sound stage that is 10 to 12 feet behind the front baffle of the TAD.
100 % 'disappeared' loudspeaker is 'super important' to me.
The TAD is a Stand Mount with an F3 of 43 hertz - so the low end grip will not be 'substantial' & one needs to
accept & live with that 'limitation' !
http://www.tidal-hifi.com/english/amea-diacera2.htm

I thank you again for your visit & your kind words - I truly appreciate it.

Bhagwan

Wow, I have been wanting to listen to the Aqua DAC for a long time. It must be amazing.

Glad you guys had a blast.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back