Listening impressions to bhagwan's set up - part II [July, 2014]

Wow, I have been wanting to listen to the Aqua DAC for a long time. It must be amazing.

Glad you guys had a blast.
You can visit and listen.
Most welcome.
My system is down till 15th December but once it's up and tuned, you are welcome. My doors are open. I stay in Mumbai at Kemps Corner. Let me know, if you would like to come.

P. S. Stereophile had given the Formula XHD a poor review...

Hello,

I just saw this response. I don't care much for Stereophile reviews by JV Serinus, I have seen the guy in action, meh. It's gotten amazing raves in the whatsbest forum and all others.

Would love to come by for a visit since this DAC is in my shortlist.

will PM you.

Cheers.
Bhaskar

Respected Sir,
I do have too;
I like. The CD & 16/44.1 is 'preferred' by me. I am NOT a DSD or 192 Htz FAN !
But my eternal quest for Indian Classical - great performances & excellent recordings is never ending.
If you have suggestions - please do share.
My 1st love is Indian Classical & good recordings are few & far between... Been hunting forever - just unable to find.

Enjoy these. . .
Very well recorded albums and are of 24/192 format.

Acoustic Portrait

Cheers

I added a Lumin X1 to the chain a while back.
It is connected with a Bertram I/C [Silver] & Bertram P/C [Silver]
Very happy with its performance.
The CDT & DCA are not in use much - under 5 %
I might let the Aqua go... its on my mind.

Lumin-X-i-Home-May-2019-AARC-Speaker-3.jpg

Lumin-X-i-Home-May-2019-AARC-Speaker-25.jpg

Lumin X1 installed with Aqua CDT & DAC - Artos Audio Rainbow Cell Speaker

00bb5abc9593329c7fb1f404fcc46bdc-full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a chance again to meet maz bhai at his place to see the new changes in his system ,he was gracious enough(ohh he is a wonderful host) as usual to meet on a very short notice for demo, I must say his system with new tweaks of rack and upgrade of triangle art pre/power(rather courageous of him to venture in to a brand that is almost unknown for prepower rather it’s known for turntables) it’s sounding amazing now ,last time When I visited him his system was although good but was not sounding to the potential n was little muddy/laid back with lack of an tapping toe kind of performance unexpect of an high end system but this time story was different .positives were
1)speakers were nonexistent as in not in the picture it was all imaging n orchestral presentation.
2)foreground n background music delineation was spot on.
3)music was smooth n relaxed.
4)bass was tight n balanced.
Still some negatives if I have put any which I would say now is just putting something to write in -section or wish list is A
Little more resolution/instrument separation( which I feel is due to lack of space in the room)/forward sounding presentation(depends on personal taste).
I thoroughly enjoyed a long n pleasurable listening session there and I congratulate him for his sustained n devoted efforts towards a better system.

Little more resolution/instrument separation( which I feel is due to lack of space in the room)/forward sounding presentation(depends on personal taste).
I thoroughly enjoyed a long n pleasurable listening session there and I congratulate him for his sustained n devoted efforts towards a better system.
Very nice and simple review. At times the improvements that we seek are often whimsical unless we have a different reference sound in mind or have experienced better sound from a particular set of tracks that we are very familiar with.

Very nice and simple review. At times the improvements that we seek are often whimsical unless we have a different reference sound in mind or have experienced better sound from a particular set of tracks that we are very familiar with.
Thank you Kannan I've learnt n would suggest this to every audio lover,to gain wisdom in this field you have to have multiple exposure to listening to a variety of systems/music genre/meet people to share experiences thats the key ,and thankfully everyone I've met till now has always had a helping hand .hope to meet u some day.

Thank you Kannan I've learnt n would suggest this to every audio lover,to gain wisdom in this field you have to have multiple exposure to listening to a variety of systems/music genre/meet people to share experiences thats the key ,and thankfully everyone I've met till now has always had a helping hand .hope to meet u some day.
I have a very humble setup, but once in awhile get to taste some good high end stuff as a couple of buddies are in the line of business

Without doubt , Bhagwan is a gracious host who receives an avid audiophile with open arms and is at once , ready and willing to share his knowledge and extensive experience . A true asset to our community !

Had a chance again to meet maz bhai at his place to see the new changes in his system ,he was gracious enough(ohh he is a wonderful host) as usual to meet on a very short notice for demo, I must say his system with new tweaks of rack and upgrade of triangle art pre/power(rather courageous of him to venture in to a brand that is almost unknown for prepower rather it’s known for turntables) it’s sounding amazing now ,last time When I visited him his system was although good but was not sounding to the potential n was little muddy/laid back with lack of an tapping toe kind of performance unexpect of an high end system but this time story was different .positives were
1)speakers were nonexistent as in not in the picture it was all imaging n orchestral presentation.
2)foreground n background music delineation was spot on.
3)music was smooth n relaxed.
4)bass was tight n balanced.
Still some negatives if I have put any which I would say now is just putting something to write in -section or wish list is A

• Aqua Hi Fi - La Diva – Transport [Italy]
  • Aqua Hi Fi - Formula xHD – DAC [Italy]
  • Lumin X1 – Streamer / DAC [China]
  • AM Hi End – R-T1 – Pre Amp [Tube] – China – Moved Out
  • AM Hi End – 833S – Power Amp – Mono [Tube] – China [4 chassis]
  • Triangle Art USA – Tube Pre Amp 2 chassis – Tube Power Supply
  • Triangle Art USA – SS Power Amp – Stereo [Mosfet]
  • Artos Audio – Rainbow Cell – Speaker - Germany
  • Audiaz – XLR – XLR – Focus Oyaide – Interconnect – Germany X 02
  • Audiomica – Consequence – RCA to RCA – Interconnect – Poland 2.0M
  • Audiomica – Consequence – RJ 45 CAT 7 Cable X 3 – Poland
  • Acrolink – S-8000 Speaker Cable – Japan 2.5M
  • Bertram Audio – Ultima Power Cord X 3 – Denmark - NCF
  • Bertram Audio – Ultima XLR Balanced Cable 1.0M – Denmark - Focus
  • Telos Audio – Brenda Power Cord X 1 – Taiwan 2.0M [Moved Out]
  • Audiomica – Consequence Power Cord X 2 – Poland 2.0M

This is what Doctor Saheb heard...

I will try and post a few pics....

Thanks,

Bhagwan

• Aqua Hi Fi - La Diva – Transport [Italy]
  • Aqua Hi Fi - Formula xHD – DAC [Italy]
  • Lumin X1 – Streamer / DAC [China]
  • AM Hi End – R-T1 – Pre Amp [Tube] – China – Moved Out
  • AM Hi End – 833S – Power Amp – Mono [Tube] – China [4 chassis]
  • Triangle Art USA – Tube Pre Amp 2 chassis – Tube Power Supply
  • Triangle Art USA – SS Power Amp – Stereo [Mosfet]
  • Artos Audio – Rainbow Cell – Speaker - Germany
  • Audiaz – XLR – XLR – Focus Oyaide – Interconnect – Germany X 02
  • Audiomica – Consequence – RCA to RCA – Interconnect – Poland 2.0M
  • Audiomica – Consequence – RJ 45 CAT 7 Cable X 3 – Poland
  • Acrolink – S-8000 Speaker Cable – Japan 2.5M
  • Bertram Audio – Ultima Power Cord X 3 – Denmark - NCF
  • Bertram Audio – Ultima XLR Balanced Cable 1.0M – Denmark - Focus
  • Telos Audio – Brenda Power Cord X 1 – Taiwan 2.0M [Moved Out]
  • Audiomica – Consequence Power Cord X 2 – Poland 2.0M

This is what Doctor Saheb heard...

I will try and post a few pics....

Thanks,

Bhagwan
Maz Bhai u missed the rack ,I think it's a very well made inclusion n contributor to the final sound.

I tried to post pics of the rack - hope I am copying the correct link to post here..

This seems to work.

A few pics of a Hi Fi Rack that Sound Foundations made for me.
Custom.
90 days - start to finish !

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back