Little advise please

Get2Ricky

Ok been using my Yamaha receiver since years with my gaming PC. But recently I sold my gpu GTX 970 and now I don't have any gpu and won't be able to get new high end one for few months. So my question is as I just want to play my bluray movies for 2-3 months till to get my GTX 1070, which is the cheapest option for new gpu which support audio and video through hdmi as my GTX 970 did so I can use it with my act for both video and audio for my movies till then.

Thanks in advance.

As per Sam, Zotac NVidia 710 will bitstream all HD audio and video but he also recommended GTX 750 which will also take care of 3D.

As per Sam, Zotac NVidia 710 will bitstream all HD audio and video but he also recommended GTX 750 which will also take care of 3D.

Thank you, i was looking at 610/710, as they are the cheepest. 750 is not worth for using only for 2-3 months as i already mentioned i sold my 970 and buying 1070 in november, just need a standby card for 2-3 months only. I dont have a 3D tv so that feature is not required.

I use GT 610 and it transports audio (DD, DTS, PCM, TrueHD, DTS HD MA, etc..) as well as HD video nicely.
You should be OK with GT 610.

Your motherboard already supports HDMI so why bother if it's only for 3 months or so?
Cant you use just the MB's Output until you procure a new one?

Thank you, i was looking at 610/710, as they are the cheepest. 750 is not worth for using only for 2-3 months as i already mentioned i sold my 970 and buying 1070 in november, just need a standby card for 2-3 months only. I dont have a 3D tv so that feature is not required.

610/710/630/440 GT all will do HD audio bistreaming, just see which one is the cheapest available (used one will also do), since its only for couple of months you require ...

Also I would suggest RX-480 instead of 1070, lesser price with more or less same performance .... unless you using dual monitor setup or something with insane resolution

Last edited:
Yes of course. HDMI is designed to transfer high def. audio out. it's the player that needs to be configured to use bit-streaming. AlsoYou have a nice motherboard with SPDIF out, So connecting it to the receiver will get you digital audio out.
Here's the pic of your motherboard audio panel.
https://www.asus.com/media/global/products/euntYpCDv4qZjTYS/qXlp3N22kZDOied4_500.jpg

HDMI does not confirm HD Audio, depends on the GPU mobo has (usually it does support), SPDIF will not support HD Audio.

Last edited:

Yep. That Mobo supports HD audio including DTS and Dolby via HDMi.
Here's the description
Realtek ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
Audio Feature :
- Absolute Pitch 192kHz/ 24-bit True BD Lossless Sound
- DTS Ultra PC II
- DTS Connect
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel

Here's the description
Audio Feature :
- DTS Ultra PC II
- DTS Connect

Thanks a lot, i think i have to try tonight and see how it goes and if all good then my 3K is saved as i dont have to buy a gpu for these 2-3 months xD

Here's the description
Audio Feature :
- DTS Ultra PC II
- DTS Connect

Thanks a lot, i think i have to try tonight and see how it goes and if all good then my 3K is saved as i dont have to buy a gpu for these 2-3 months xD

True BD Lossless sound does not mean HD Audio bistreaming. This board does not bit stream HD Audio, as far I know/ remember (Please do research before recomending) atleast not out of the box, maybe with updated drives or BIOS update. Would also depend onthe processor you using in case you wanna utilize the Intel HD Graphics.

@Get2Ricky try your luck, since you already have the board, (u r not purchasing one), you dont run any risk. if it works good else purchase the card you were targetting at.

Last edited:
True BD Lossless sound does not mean HD Audio bistreaming. This board does not bit stream HD Audio, as far I know/ remember (Please do research before recomending) atleast not out of the box, maybe with updated drives or BIOS update. Would also depend onthe processor you using in case you wanna utilize the Intel HD Graphics.

@Get2Ricky try your luck, since you already have the board, (u r not purchasing one), you dont run any risk. if it works good else purchase the card you were targetting at.
heh funny guy you are.
look at his signature befor you advise me to do my research. Please look at his signature before you ask him questions. thanks.

Having HDMI port does not mean it can pass through the HD audio. Even my mobo has HDMI (M5A-78L-USB3) but it has only stereo over HDMI.

This mobo as per the user manual says it supports HDMI 1.4a and says it can pass through multi channel audio to external decoder (AVR etc). I dont think OP has to buy anything extra now!!!

Having HDMI port does not mean it can pass through the HD audio. Even my mobo has HDMI (M5A-78L-USB3) but it has only stereo over HDMI.

This mobo as per the user manual says it supports HDMI 1.4a and says it can pass through multi channel audio to external decoder (AVR etc). I dont think OP has to buy anything extra now!!!
I did check out his mobo before i advised him. Thanks.

heh funny guy you are.
look at his signature befor you advise me to do my research. Please look at his signature before you ask him questions. thanks.

yes funny but correct and well expert in my area of interest...... missing the sig does not state a thing and the fact still remains same, P8Z77V PRO in all probabililty dose not support HD Audio bitstreaming. I might still be wrong, but the info you provided from the website does not state a thing, is ambigious and vague and is a proof of your knowldge in the stated topic

PS: Here something for you to ponder ..

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...E&id=20121213085455932&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Post no 3

My name is Carter and it''s my pleasure to help you with your problem.

I am afraid to say the audio driver of this board from us doesn't support these DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD codec.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This is for P8Z77-V LE but I assume should still hold true for Pro.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back