Live concerts in India

questzen

The most extraordinary thing about India is that there is a rich cultural/theatrical heritage. While I was in Pune, I happened to listen to few maestros owing to the 'Gandharva' facilitation. Even to my nascent auditory senses could make out the difference between the run-off the mill audio I was used to. I found a new found respect for musicians. That's all a different story.

I want to know if there are any live concerts that the knowledgeable folks on this forum attend to/recommend. Preferably at venues that discourage noisy environment. NCPA in Mumbai is known to be a good one. Being new to the audiophile scene, I would like to know more. The closest I get to a live concert nowadays is when my musician friends get into their 'lets do that thingy' mood :eek: . Is it possible to have a thread that keeps track of such activities. I would like to quench my thirst for western symphonies without having to burn pages in my passport.

Request the mods to appropriately handle this if I have posted in the wrong section.

Chennai... Carnatic concerts every week in summer, every day for the rest of the year, and by the thousand for the December season.
... Preferably at venues that discourage noisy environment.
Oh, sorry. Forget Chennai then. Hmmm... we do have some decent venues, but audience behaviour is not great.
I would like to quench my thirst for western symphonies without having to burn pages in my passport.
Oh, western! Very little of that here.

When I lived in London, I used to want to quench the same thirst without burning the contents of my wallet. I'm afraid that it is an expensive pastime, even without having to add air fares and passport pages.
Is it possible to have a thread that keeps track of such activities.
That is a good idea. Some of us might get to extend our musical horizons. Mine tend to stop at carnatic :eek:

Last edited:
Back