Hisense india website live now, another disappointment.

Bought the 50inch Hisense TV.
Have it on the stand for now.

Initial impressions

1. PQ seems to be okay.
2. HD channels via Airtel DTH looks okay
3. SD channels look as they should look on 50inch TV
4. Some banding issues in some videos where is Bright sunlight on one side and blue sky on the other. (Any videos to check more on this?)
5. Noticed flickering on the Iceland 4K YouTube video and not any other video. (Any other test videos to make sure this is not a big issue?)
6. Played Formula 1 videos, looked fine apart from some banding in sky area
7. Played some football videos which looked fine.
8. HDR seems best in HDR cinema mode

The new Denon X1600 is connected via the ARC HDMI. Going to play some videos tonight via the Plex server.
Any other things you guys want me to test?

But here we are more concerned about U7QF than H8G. So half of their measurements don't apply.
Especially color volume coverage
And even the price for which they find worthy are US prices where it's priced in $600 category ie roughly ₹45k. And in India they sell this crap first only with 8bit + FRC and then have the audacity to ask double the price. Hisense shouldn't be given a free run to dump their crap in India. I will any day purchase a brand which treats Indian market at par with international market and don't cut out features or sell sub standard products to fool us.

And even the price for which they find worthy are US prices where it's priced in $600 category ie roughly ₹45k. And in India they sell this crap first only with 8bit + FRC and then have the audacity to ask double the price. Hisense shouldn't be given a free run to dump their crap in India. I will any day purchase a brand which treats Indian market at par with international market and don't cut out features or sell sub standard products to fool us.
All Samsung 2020 TVs (including the Frame and Q90t) have 8bit+FRC panels. So I don't understand the hate for 8bit panels in budget TVs.

Name one brand which treats Indian market at par with international market?
Sony 65 inch 950g selling at 120k in US and in India at 160k...
LG 65 inch c9 selling at 143k in USA and in India its 220k
Actually in India Sony, Samsung and LG are dumping their craps here below 1 lakh price.

I think its purely a business decision. Companies don't have any special anger towards Indian consumers. It totally depends on unit economics. Companies spend a lot of time and resources on setting up the correct price.Market research and demand analysis and competitor pricing etc etc

For example look at one plus phones way cheaper in India than USA.we have cheapest call rates in the world. even Netflix is offering a 250rs plan only India because it suits Netflix.It all depends on the product.

If demand for premium tv picks up in India then prices will come down.currently all the volume is in the below 50K segment.you can either sell something at a lower price with great volume or something with great margins at a higher volume.Its not just TVs,companies need to take care of distribution and marketing and after sales.who is going to pay for all that if they don't make enough money to make this viable?

Bought the 50inch Hisense TV.
Have it on the stand for now.

Initial impressions

1. PQ seems to be okay.
2. HD channels via Airtel DTH looks okay
3. SD channels look as they should look on 50inch TV
4. Some banding issues in some videos where is Bright sunlight on one side and blue sky on the other. (Any videos to check more on this?)
5. Noticed flickering on the Iceland 4K YouTube video and not any other video. (Any other test videos to make sure this is not a big issue?)
6. Played Formula 1 videos, looked fine apart from some banding in sky area
7. Played some football videos which looked fine.
8. HDR seems best in HDR cinema mode

The new Denon X1600 is connected via the ARC HDMI. Going to play some videos tonight via the Plex server.
Any other things you guys want me to test?
Would be great if you can do a detailed review.

Name one brand which treats Indian market at par with international market?
Sony 65 inch 950g selling at 120k in US and in India at 160k...
LG 65 inch c9 selling at 143k in USA and in India its 220k
Actually in India Sony, Samsung and LG are dumping their craps here below 1 lakh price.
Depends on market demand. Large sized TVs have been adopted very recently; 32-49” being ideal for most households.

I think our duties/tax structures are to be blamed for the high prices and cannot be offered at prices similar to the USA.

I think due to anti China issue they r planning to push more Toshiba TVs in India. Their adv says Japanese technology and made in India tv. Their qled is equivalent to hisense h9g, only difference is Vida OS.

The design of u7qf 65 is very bad especially from the side profile image very bulky and quite ugly to wall mount.

I think its good for all of us getting these TVs at such a good price the H8G is rated as best budget tv by rtings.65K is not a bad price.its 10k more expensive than US price.if we go by this trend the H9G will be launched under 1 lac.That will be a killer deal.

Also if this tv sells well then even TCL might bring 6 series in india.it will have to compete with hisense

One aspect That have to be remembered is that this TV is not h8g it's actually a downgrade to h8g. H8g is superior product compared to this u7qf the panel and whole design is completely changed also the comes with a shitty OS so. So these are only few aspects to reconsider before buying

One aspect That have to be remembered is that this TV is not h8g it's actually a downgrade to h8g. H8g is superior product compared to this u7qf the panel and whole design is completely changed also the comes with a shitty OS so. So these are only few aspects to reconsider before buying
U7QF comes with android OS. According to u Android is shitty OS then which one is good?

my mistake the indian unit comes with android and in international unit comes with vidaa os but still that doesnt qualify as a h8g
Toshiba tv comes with vida os.

my mistake the indian unit comes with android and in international unit comes with vidaa os but still that doesnt qualify as a h8g
Why should I bother about h8g? The model available in India is U7QF and if I want to buy that model then I compare the other brands models with the same price range then I will buy the superior one.
As an example If an Indian customer compares Indian Volkswagen polo with the international polo then no will buy Indian polo at all.

Last edited:
one can not really find fault with hisense/toshiba TVs now.the 55 inches is for 45000 and 65 is for 65000 which is insane.This tv goes toe to toe with frame 2020 which costs twice the price 1.4L for 65 inches and 85000 for 55 inches.

Why should I bother about h8g? The model available in India is U7QF and if I want to buy that model then I compare the other brands models with the same price range then I will buy the superior one.
As an example If an Indian customer compares Indian Volkswagen polo with the international polo then no will buy Indian polo at all.
India has become a scrapyard for most companies very sad

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back