Hisense india website live now, another disappointment.

10 bit to fake 10bit (8bit + frc)

I get the tech spec part, however, can you personally differentiate between the two by looking at sample images? I tried a lot, and my eyes can't differentiate between 16M colors and 1B colors.

I feel the bigger difference is how the those colors are getting processed. A poorly processed 10bit color panel will look sore to eyes compared to well processed 8 bit + FRC or even just an 8-bit panel. And BTW, TCL C815 also is 8it+FRC

Tcl 815 is eled. No local dimming

FALD sets are expected to help with contrast ratio of the image. Samsung Frame, even though does not have local dimming, produces some stunning pics thanks to its 8000:1 statics contrast ratio. So just having local dimming or not having it isn't a straight forward comparison.

8 bit+ FRC is 1B color. I would be surprised if anybody can spot a difference between 10 bit and 8 bit+ frc on a side by side comparison.
Btw, samsung flagship Q90T uses an 8 bit+ frc panel.

C815 is also 8bit + FRC not true 10 bit. Says so in the panel specifications here https://www.tcl.com/in/en/products/c815/c815-65.html
Yes the official site in both India and Pakistan shows its 8bit + FRC panel but other 3rd party websites show it's true 10bit

Very good pricing, really want hisense to kill Indian TCL market and teach them a lesson or two or join them in taking Indian buyers for a ride. Time will tell.
Hisense is definitely not in India to teach it's chinese compatriot TCL any lessons. Both Hisense and TCL are state owned(CCP owned) companies, they only care about Chinese Government interests.

Hisense is definitely not in India to teach it's chinese compatriot TCL any lessons. Both Hisense and TCL are state owned(CCP owned) companies, they only care about Chinese Government interests.
That's a tall claim to make without any information to back that up.

photo_2020-08-05_20-33-41.jpgphoto_2020-08-05_20-37-22.jpgphoto_2020-08-05_20-38-44.jpg
So this is how the U7QF looks like. I suggest not to go by specsheet or looks. Let the TV get released, the price is very important for what they are offering. Its a unibody design at the back, 8-bit + Frc and does not come with H9G FALD Algorithm, 400 nits, maximum peak of 700 nits and 50Hz Refresh rate and this is very unimpressive so far and too early to comment anything !

Last edited:
judging from the given pics the colors seem good but not very lifelike hope they price them under 1L

Amazon links for Hisense in case anyone is interested. stumbled upon them, not searchable yet

Last edited:
judging from the given pics the colors seem good but not very lifelike hope they price them under 1L
Don't judge by the pics, it's a very very ordinary TV. U7QF is not even a mid ranger. Increase your budget and get Sony X95H or Samsung Frame or wait for Hisense H9G/H9H. But definitely not this crap. U7QF is just slightly better than their budget A71 series. 8-bit panel, 60Hz refresh rate is equal to garbage TV in 2020. If it is only DTH or occasional viewing then get A71F, U7QF is definitely not a worthy buy.

Don't judge by the pics, it's a very very ordinary TV. U7QF is not even a mid ranger. Increase your budget and get Sony X95H or Samsung Frame or wait for Hisense H9G/H9H. But definitely not this crap. U7QF is just slightly better than their budget A71 series. 8-bit panel, 60Hz refresh rate is equal to garbage TV in 2020. If it is only DTH or occasional viewing then get A71F, U7QF is definitely not a worthy buy.
Why you r comparing a below 1 lakh tv to 1.40 or 1.60 lakh tv? When u r saying U7QF is a crap tv then u have to prove it by comparing any other 65 inch tv below 1 lakh is better than U7QF. At this price point I don’t it’s a crap tv.
In India TCL is selling eled tv @ 1 lakh.

Why you r comparing a below 1 lakh tv to 1.40 or 1.60 lakh tv? When u r saying U7QF is a crap tv then u have to prove it by comparing any other 65 inch tv below 1 lakh is better than U7QF. At this price point I don’t it’s a crap tv.
In India TCL is selling eled tv @ 1 lakh.
I completely agree with you
there is no 65inch qled fald local dimming zones display under 1L in India yet and it's unfair to compare 1.5L TV to this one

I
I don't think they will release h9g in India ever because there is no proper h8g release in India

I completely agree with you
there is no 65inch qled fald local dimming zones display under 1L in India yet and it's unfair to compare 1.5L TV to this one
Exactly. He is highlighting U7QF negatives ( 8 bit panel and 60hz) but the truth is in India there is no other brand is giving 10 bit panel 120hz tv under 1 lakh. As per his logic we should call all 1 lakh 65 inch TVs r crap, why only Hisense?

Exactly. He is highlighting U7QF negatives ( 8 bit panel and 60hz) but the truth is in India there is no other brand is giving 10 bit panel 120hz tv under 1 lakh. As per his logic we should call all 1 lakh 65 inch TVs r crap, why only Hisense?
I am not comparing. I said and I quote "Increase your budget and get Sony X95H or Samsung Frame or wait for Hisense H9G/H9H. But definitely not this crap. U7QF is just slightly better than their budget A71 series."
Samsung Frame 55" @ 80k. 10-bit + 120 Hz. For novelty sake, they are offering 10 year Panel warranty too.
Sony X95G 55" @ 1.03 Lakh
What's the point in spending more money on 65U7QF when the difference in picture quality is very minimal compared to budget TVs? Better get A71F and save money.

And sadly there are very few choices in India even at 1 lakh rupees. When you are already owning a good TV and if you want to upgrade then what's the point in getting a similar TV with similar PQ. And in India we don't upgrade TVs every 3 years.

What you're missing out 10-bit Vs 8-bit
For those not aware, 8-bit+FRC (Frame Rate Control) monitors are 8-bit monitors that essentially fake the output of a 10-bit monitor by flashing two colors quickly to give the illusion of the color that should be displayed. For example if the color that should be displayed on the 10-bit monitor is number 101 in the Look Up Table, and an 8-bit monitor is only capable of displaying color number 100, or 104, an 8-bit+FRC monitor would flash the display of color number 100 and number 104 quickly enough that one should not notice the flashing, but attempts to fake the human eye into thinking it is really color number 101. To do this the 8-bit+FRC monitor would flash between color number 100 for 75% of the time, and color 104 for 25% of the time, to give the illusion of color number 101, similar to how moving pictures work to give the illusion of motion. If color 102 needed to be displayed, an 8-bit+FRC monitor would flash between displaying color number 100 for 50% of the time, and color number 104 for 50% of the time. To represent color number 103, as you can imagine by now, the 8-bit+FRC monitor would flash between colors number 100 for 25% of the time, and color number 104 for 75% of the time to give the illusion of color 103, as opposed to a true 10-bit monitor which would be able to simply display color number 103.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back