Hisense india website live now, another disappointment.

I am not comparing. I said and I quote "Increase your budget and get Sony X95H or Samsung Frame or wait for Hisense H9G/H9H. But definitely not this crap. U7QF is just slightly better than their budget A71 series."
Samsung Frame 55" @ 80k. 10-bit + 120 Hz. For novelty sake, they are offering 10 year Panel warranty too.
Sony X95G 55" @ 1.03 Lakh
What's the point in spending more money on 65U7QF when the difference in picture quality is very minimal compared to budget TVs? Better get A71F and save money.

And sadly there are very few choices in India even at 1 lakh rupees. When you are already owning a good TV and if you want to upgrade then what's the point in getting a similar TV with similar PQ. And in India we don't upgrade TVs every 3 years.

What you're missing out 10-bit Vs 8-bit
Again u r comparing 65 inch tv with 55 inch price!!! 40k is a huge difference when u r buying a tv.
I have 1 lakh maximum budget and I want to buy a 65 inch tv!!!! Suggest me a better model than U7QF

Again u r comparing 65 inch tv with 55 inch price!!! 40k is a huge difference when u r buying a tv.
I have 1 lakh maximum budget and I want to buy a 65 inch tv!!!! Suggest me a better model than U7QF
mee too im also looking for a 65 inch model under a Lakh and i dont think there is a better tv than U7qf 65

wait for Hisense H9G/H9H
they wont release that model in india. how are you sayin that they will release h9g?
and why would i go for 55inch model when my preference is 65inch
65u7qf is almost same as H8g minus the 10 bit panel and H8g is the international standard for a mid-range TV mixed use.

Not having a better TV than U7QF under 1 lakh in india doesn't make U7QF a great TV. I completely agree with volksjager. That's nothing but a crap TV unlike it's bigger brother H9G. If I were you I wouldn't hesitate to get something branded like sony or samsung when I'm spending over a lakh. Quality bump is just significant. Not sure on which basis people treat U7QF as worthy.

they wont release that model in india. how are you sayin that they will release h9g?
and why would i go for 55inch model when my preference is 65inch
65u7qf is almost same as H8g minus the 10 bit panel and H8g is the international standard for a mid-range TV mixed use.
If someone say they can't find any difference between true 10 bit and 8bit+FRC then just ignore them. It's not noticible unless you play some high bit rate content.
What FRC does is filling all the fake shades if any content happened to fall outside of its bandwidth. Which is definitely a deal breaker for any real HDR or Dolby vision content. I can't pretend like I'm watching a 10 bit content while I'm really watching some fake 10 bit.
And I already had enough bad experience with this FRC shit. I can clearly see the difference. I really hate the color banding to its core. Which you definitely would encounter with U7QF.
To my eyes true 10 bit colors looks more pleasing with more transitions, shades and depth in color.
Why do you think professional photographers, videographers use 10 bit monitors for their editing?! Just to get all the colors right.
I would not spend a lakh for a TV which doesn't have 10 bit panel, 120hz motion rate. No matter how big the screen size is.
I would wait, save and spend a little more to get better quality TV which can show proper HDR content.
Don't just get tempted by some crap product and expect everyone to like it. For 1 lakh it's an unworthy choice.
I would rather recommend frame 2020. Having FALD doesn't make U7QF winner.

If someone say they can't find any difference between true 10 bit and 8bit+FRC then just ignore them. It's not noticible unless you play some high bit rate content.
What FRC does is filling all the fake shades if any content happened to fall outside of its bandwidth. Which is definitely a deal breaker for any real HDR or Dolby vision content. I can't pretend like I'm watching a 10 bit content while I'm really watching some fake 10 bit.
And I already had enough bad experience with this FRC shit. I can clearly see the difference. I really hate the color banding to its core. Which you definitely would encounter with U7QF.
To my eyes true 10 bit colors looks more pleasing with more transitions, shades and depth in color.
Why do you think professional photographers, videographers use 10 bit monitors for their editing?! Just to get all the colors right.
I would not spend a lakh for a TV which doesn't have 10 bit panel, 120hz motion rate. No matter how big the screen size is.
I would wait, save and spend a little more to get better quality TV which can show proper HDR content.
Don't just get tempted by some crap product and expect everyone to like it. For 1 lakh it's an unworthy choice.
It also depends on personal usage of how often you use TV and what source is being played not many TV users use a dedicated 4k Blu-ray players and use 4k Blu-ray discs to view cinemas sure I have a PS4 but it doesn't have a 4k drive. I'm actually upgrading form my 10year old 32inch full HD Samsung with bezels the size of piller. My usage is mostly streaming and watch some pirated 4k content via HDD. Talking about 10bit panels the Samsung q90t this year is having 8bit+FRC panel and still manages to pull some beautiful images.manufactures depends on picture processing too So not everyone has to go and buy tvs worth their half the annual income. H8g is known for the budget midrange standard. I'm not buying the hisnense unless I see with my naked eye.

Not having a better TV than U7QF under 1 lakh in india doesn't make U7QF a great TV. I completely agree with volksjager. That's nothing but a crap TV unlike it's bigger brother H9G. If I were you I wouldn't hesitate to get something branded like sony or samsung when I'm spending over a lakh. Quality bump is just significant. Not sure on which basis people treat U7QF as worthy.
Nobody is saying it's a great TV. It's a midrange TV that can compete with top3 branded midrange TVs u can check out what rtings.com guys have to say about the product.h8g they are saying it's the best budget TV u can get for the price

Nobody is saying it's a great TV. It's a midrange TV that can compete with top3 branded midrange TVs u can check out what rtings.com guys have to say about the product.h8g they are saying it's the best budget TV u can get for the price
But here we are more concerned about U7QF than H8G. So half of their measurements don't apply.
Especially color volume coverage

So U r recommending Samsung frame and u r saying pay a little more to get it... U7QF is 89990 and Samsung frame is 139990.. so your little more for a tv is 50k!!!! Wish I’m rich like u!!!:)

So U r recommending Samsung frame and u r saying pay a little more to get it... U7QF is 89990 and Samsung frame is 139990.. so your little more for a tv is 50k!!!! Wish I’m rich like u!!!:)
To each his own, some prefer Quantity over Quality, others Vice versa. For me, 55" and beyond, when I am spending so much I will definitely spend extra and get Samsung Frame 65". If I cannot afford it then I would rather not buy anything than buying half baked junk. I will wait 2 years if I have to, to make budget for buying a TV which is having both quality as well as size of my choice (in that case 65"). In the end, I will be very satisfied and it will be like a proper upgrade from my old TV. And I intend to use that TV as long as it works.

FYI, my old TV is 2015 LG 43UF770T ELED with 10-bit panel, 4:4:4 Chroma Subsampling and 100 Hz refresh rate. And it's not a great TV by today's standards. And I won't be satisfied with U7QF and I won't feel it as a proper upgrade.

It's all about Quality Vs Quantity Vs Price. To each, his own.

To each his own, some prefer Quantity over Quality, others Vice versa. For me, 55" and beyond, when I am spending so much I will definitely spend extra and get Samsung Frame 65". If I cannot afford it then I would rather not buy anything than buying half baked junk. I will wait 2 years if I have to, to make budget for buying a TV which is having both quality as well as size of my choice (in that case 65"). In the end, I will be very satisfied and it will be like a proper upgrade from my old TV. And I intend to use that TV as long as it works.

FYI, my old TV is 2015 LG 43UF770T ELED with 10-bit panel, 4:4:4 Chroma Subsampling and 100 Hz refresh rate. And it's not a great TV by today's standards. And I won't be satisfied with U7QF and I won't feel it as a proper upgrade.

It's all about Quality Vs Quantity Vs Price. To each, his own.
I think it's best to wait. Because now smartphones which are assembled in India are priced on par with US and China prices. And so will be the case with TV's. The GST on TV's in future will be reduced, because it is now whopping 28%!!, also once the OLED TV's supply is more or next gen tv tech is available this prices will be drastically reduced. I think only the prices of samsung frame and lg OLED is almost equivalent to US prices. Government wants to assemble TV's in india, so in turn government will make TV's more affordable in future by reducing gst. India is a Very big growing market, so once they are assembled and gst is reduced more people will concentrate on high end TV's. So it's good idea to wait.. if not buy lg OLED or Samsung frame!!!

I think it's best to wait. Because now smartphones which are assembled in India are priced on par with US and China prices. And so will be the case with TV's. The GST on TV's in future will be reduced, because it is now whopping 28%!!, also once the OLED TV's supply is more or next gen tv tech is available this prices will be drastically reduced. I think only the prices of samsung frame and lg OLED is almost equivalent to US prices. Government wants to assemble TV's in india, so in turn government will make TV's more affordable in future by reducing gst. India is a Very big growing market, so once they are assembled and gst is reduced more people will concentrate on high end TV's. So it's good idea to wait.. if not buy lg OLED or Samsung frame!!!
and the waiting period will be minimum 1.5-2 years based on your assumtion. smartphones being assembled in india which took quite a few years for foreign markets to open plants in india xiomi is one of the first band to do that

I think for 65" TV under U7QF would be best in Indian market right now. Other options are TCL X4 and Vu QLED or a Pana/Philips.
Now both TCL and VU are ELED models. Regarding discussion on price, if u increase budget by 50k obviously one would get a better TV. One can later say that if u increase budget by another 40K , u will get an Oled.
So obviously hisense is an inferior TV compared to Sony 950G or Samsung Frame but the question. But at less than a lac there are no better options. Obviously they have better pricing in US because there is competition. Here we dont have any and hence Hisense can charge what they like.
So yes if i have a budget of 1L, i would go for U7QF be it a 8bit or a 10bit panel becauae we DONT have other better options in same price range.

Guys, Just FYI even Frame is not true 10bits as per displayspecifications, its 8bit + FRC, basically all 2020 QLED models of Samsung are 8bit +FRC, tv makers continue the trend of downgrading the models each year as opposed to upgrading it, other than HDMI 2.1 everything else is a downgrade in 2020 models

Last edited:
I think this whole 10 bit is not going to affect majority of people.evern rtings says we consider 8-bit with dithering to be equivalent to 10-bit, as long as the 10-bit gradient looks smooth.

you can read more about this here https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/picture-quality/gradient

Also its not gonna affect you dth,hotstar,zee,sony etc.only some titles on netflix and prime will be affected.if given tv performs very bad.Also for the majority a bigger tv provides a better experience specially for the other family members.

I think most of the people will be happy with hisense h8g or whatver its name is in india specially if you have a budget about 1lac for a tv and next best option samsung frame is 50K expensive.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back