logitech harmony 525 not working..

krishnenduk

i have bought a logitech harmony 525 universal remote last month and used it till yesterday very happily..

but being a bad day for me yesterday i saw that batteries inside it started leaking and the remote now stopped working.. i replaced the batteries with new one, but in vain.. its just stuck on the welcome to remote screen and none of the keys are working.. when i connected it to pc its recognized and i have updated the software.. but thats also not helped..

is there any hope that i can recover my remote????

i have bought a logitech harmony 525 universal remote last month and used it till yesterday very happily..

but being a bad day for me yesterday i saw that batteries inside it started leaking and the remote now stopped working.. i replaced the batteries with new one, but in vain.. its just stuck on the welcome to remote screen and none of the keys are working.. when i connected it to pc its recognized and i have updated the software.. but thats also not helped..

Same thing happened to my Logitech 525 too, but got mine to work. Try these steps, may work for you:
1) When the remote hangs, remove battery as there was no other way or powering it off
2) Connect to PC and try reprogramming the activity that was failing
3) Turn off all your devices and start the devices using the remote\

All the Best!!

OT: I was using Duracells and just can't fathom that these can leak. Even smaller companies like Nippo have leakproof batteries - although not alkaline.

I had the Harmony 525 too which stopped working one fine day. The batteries would leak but it continued to work until it finally gave up. Now its an expensive paper weight.

Same thing happened to my Logitech 525 too, but got mine to work. Try these steps, may work for you:
1) When the remote hangs, remove battery as there was no other way or powering it off
2) Connect to PC and try reprogramming the activity that was failing
3) Turn off all your devices and start the devices using the remote\

All the Best!!

OT: I was using Duracells and just can't fathom that these can leak. Even smaller companies like Nippo have leakproof batteries - although not alkaline.
thanks for the reply bro..

tried everything.. but not seem to be working... may be there's an expensive paper weight for me too now........:sad:

Why are you people not claiming the 2 year warranty the remote comes with?
Logitech support is pretty good and you have 2 year replacement warranty. Please avail the same.

Strange as it may seem, My remote went kaput almost the same time. Followed it up with the CC and they acknowledged the problem and agreed to send a harmony 700 as 525 was not in production. Today the replacement remote arrived successfully.

The only check they made was to verify my online account on when was the remote first connected to the account and if it was not configured before that point. If it is within one year, it comes within warranty. Though I had the bill and stuff with me, no one checked. They only collected some PID number which was printed below the batteries and my account login. Everything else was online. They wanted me to do a firmware update which failed and the failure apparently logged in my online account or something like that.

Did not post earlier as it was under process. BTW, Excellent CC. Never seen such elsewhere. I only logged the first complaint and after that the CC as me to do this and that and report the findings 2-3 times and declared the remote as dead and provided a replacement.

Attached the final mail.

------------------------
Dear *****,

Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Harmony Remote,

I'm sorry to hear about your defective Harmony Remote. I have assigned RMA # 100919-002054 to this issue

Replacement Information :

Your order has been submitted for processing today, 11/04/2010.
The fulfillment number for your replacement remote is 0045-101104.
Please allow 7 - 10 business days for processing and delivery.

Return Instructions:

We do not require you to return the defective unit.

Please note that your original defective unit has been disabled from our system. Any update on this product is not possible. You can use it with the existing configuration until you receive the replacement product. Kindly dispose the unit after you receive the replacement product.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Warranty Policy

Limited Warranty. Logitech warrants that any hardware product shall be free from significant defects in material and workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. Logitechs limited warranty is non-transferable and is limited to the original purchaser. The warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary under local laws.

Remedies. Logitechs entire liability and your exclusive remedy for any breach of warranty shall be, at Logitechs option, to: (a) repair or replace the hardware, or (b) refund the price paid, provided that the hardware is returned to the point of purchase or such other place as Logitech may direct, with a copy of the sales receipt. Any replacement hardware will be warranted to the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days whichever is longer. These remedies are void, if failure of the hardware has resulted from accident, abuse, misapplication, or any unauthorized repair, modification or disassembly. Further, for cordless devices, these remedies are void if you use battery types other than those recommended by Logitech. Upon request from Logitech, you must prove the date of the original purchase of the hardware by a dated bill of sale or dated itemized receipt.

---------------------------------

Ditto.
Same happened with my remote. It's a Harmony 550 (the US equivalent of 525). My brother had brought it from the US and I don't have the bill.
Will give it a try to claim warranty.

Strange as it may seem, My remote went kaput almost the same time. Followed it up with the CC and they acknowledged the problem and agreed to send a harmony 700 as 525 was not in production. Today the replacement remote arrived successfully.

The only check they made was to verify my online account on when was the remote first connected to the account and if it was not configured before that point. If it is within one year, it comes within warranty. Though I had the bill and stuff with me, no one checked. They only collected some PID number which was printed below the batteries and my account login. Everything else was online. They wanted me to do a firmware update which failed and the failure apparently logged in my online account or something like that.

Did not post earlier as it was under process. BTW, Excellent CC. Never seen such elsewhere. I only logged the first complaint and after that the CC as me to do this and that and report the findings 2-3 times and declared the remote as dead and provided a replacement.

Attached the final mail.

------------------------
Dear *****,

Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Harmony Remote,

I'm sorry to hear about your defective Harmony Remote. I have assigned RMA # 100919-002054 to this issue

Replacement Information :

Your order has been submitted for processing today, 11/04/2010.
The fulfillment number for your replacement remote is 0045-101104.
Please allow 7 - 10 business days for processing and delivery.

Return Instructions:

We do not require you to return the defective unit.

Please note that your original defective unit has been disabled from our system. Any update on this product is not possible. You can use it with the existing configuration until you receive the replacement product. Kindly dispose the unit after you receive the replacement product.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Warranty Policy

Limited Warranty. Logitech warrants that any hardware product shall be free from significant defects in material and workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. Logitechs limited warranty is non-transferable and is limited to the original purchaser. The warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary under local laws.

Remedies. Logitechs entire liability and your exclusive remedy for any breach of warranty shall be, at Logitechs option, to: (a) repair or replace the hardware, or (b) refund the price paid, provided that the hardware is returned to the point of purchase or such other place as Logitech may direct, with a copy of the sales receipt. Any replacement hardware will be warranted to the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days whichever is longer. These remedies are void, if failure of the hardware has resulted from accident, abuse, misapplication, or any unauthorized repair, modification or disassembly. Further, for cordless devices, these remedies are void if you use battery types other than those recommended by Logitech. Upon request from Logitech, you must prove the date of the original purchase of the hardware by a dated bill of sale or dated itemized receipt.

---------------------------------

Thanks for the well furnished reply bro..
Contacted the customer care from Logitech Harmony Remote Software. Waiting for their reply.... :)

Last edited:
Hii..

Me received the replacement remote today..:yahoo: Logitech CC have send me a Harmony 700 as replacement.. They have send it on 14th Dec from Netherlands and I received it on 17th evening (3 days flat)..

Excellent customer care by logitech team.. Very Very thanks to the excellent service by Logitech..

A special thanks to forum member BLASTO for guiding me for the replacement procedure by explaining each step in detail..:clapping::clapping: Thanks to HFV too.....:clapping:

Thanks and regards
Krishnendu K

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back