logitech harmony: 650 VS 300 VS 525

push

Hi,
I am looking for a universal remote controller and stuck between
1) 650 - expensive(5k) but macro support
2) 300 - cheap but not sure if macros are present or any limitation
3) 525 - old model but can control much more devices than above ; also not sure if macros are supported.
Please suggest.

Thanks

300 as only one macro button and that is to watch TV. 650 has 5 macro buttons which can help you watch a video from your BD player or listen to radio etc. 650 also has a LCD display which makes life easier but yes it's more than double the cost of Logitech 300. If you find any good deals for any of these, do let me know :)

I have tried harmony 525, it is very good. It supports macros, activities etc. The only problem I found is the low battery life. AA rechargeable batteries are recommended.

I can't say that, I have used only 525. It was pretty useful for my setup consisting of tv, avr, htpc, two stbs and a blu-ray player.

i have used Harmony 700 for more than a year...Go for Harmony 700... It is nothing but the 650 + u get rechargeable option with the remote itself...

Itz very easy to program it with my Harmony link & works like breeze...If you are limited to price, then get the Harmony 650...

I haven't used the 300 & 525... So no comments on that..

Went to nehru place and met logitech dealer. Got to know allmost all old harmony models are being discontinued except 650 and the new mrp for the same is 4995/-, he is expecting the delivery early October and told price should be less than 4k.
Waiting till October.

Finally got my hands on Harmony 300 and I must say that it is surely worth it ! It has replaced 3 remotes for me - Yamaha AVR, Tata Sky HD+ and LG LCD. It is very user friendly as my parents and my kid were able to adapt to it very easily. :)

I have moved from 525 to 700.
Completely different league and for the better. Buttons in 525 are sticky and bad..

Go for 650, its same as 700 without charging and one less device support.

Thanks,

Went to nehru place and met logitech dealer. Got to know allmost all old harmony models are being discontinued except 650 and the new mrp for the same is 4995/-, he is expecting the delivery early October and told price should be less than 4k.
Waiting till October.

I recently bought the 650 online for 4K through a seller at junglee. My experience has been great. go for it.

Is it true that all Logitech Harmony remotes are discontinued?
My harmony 525's 2 buttons stopped working. When I contacted them , they told me to return the remote to their service centre and get credit to buy anything other than harmony.
I am confused as i don't need anything else but i will surely need one universal remote. And my remote's warranty expires in one wk.
What do you suggest guys?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back