Long lasting & Reliable 5.1 Home theatre with good performance !!

Naveenbnc

Hi All,

Can any one suggest me a reliable and long lasting 5.1 HTiB please? My budget is Rs25 to 30k. As far as performance is concerned, one of out friends suggested YAMAHA YHT196, and it really looks great. (mostly I will but it) I am writing this post to find out some reliable brands/models in my above mentioned budget.

Thanks guys...

Hi,

With that budget you will get the Yamaha which is entry level systems. Brands go more expensive with features, performance etc....can easily run into lakhs.

Based on which city you are based, please audition various systems that fit in your budget and you will get an understanding of why some of us spend a lot.

You may need to stretch your budget where required. If open to pre owned, see For Sale by Owner or hifiads.com

Hi All,

Can any one suggest me a reliable and long lasting 5.1 HTiB please?

Depends on how you define 'long'. Most HT systems will last for 6-10 years, but you will feel the itch to move to a higher end system after 3 years.
My advise - dont go for HTIB, but invest in a good AVR + 2 channel speakers now. As you get more funds in future, you can expand your system to a 5.1 or even 7.2 system. Once you purchase an HTiB, the expansion option will be limited.

6 to 10 years is good enough brother. Now a days electronic goods are coming out too delicate, and facing issues within 1 or 2 years. By the way if I buy AVR+2 speakers for now, do I get at least a minimum level of Bass? I want to start low and expand later. If you can suggest any models for AVR+2 for around 30k it will be very helpful bro. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Do not go with Yamaha 196. It has passive subwoofer which will be a big compromise.
Check on sites like hifimart.com and htstore.in for deals

Entry level HTiB have limitations & compromises because everything comes with a price.
A good option to start with could be AVR + 5.0 speaker system (yes, without subwoofer to start with if budget is constraint).
Few 5.0 speaker packages which are preferred and enjoyed by lots of forum members are from Taga Harmony. There are speaker packages between 22-25K which includes front floorstands.
23K for speakers + 25-30K for AVR is not a bad start at all.
You can find used AVRs as well in forum which you can look for, it may give value for your money as well as better equipment with lower price.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back