Look what arrived in the mail today

Congrats.
thanks

Also...I was not prepared for the jump in Soundstage size. My bookshelves sound like floorstanders on the qutest, really clean and controlled lower frequencies, big dynamic range, but I feel like I've lost some of the upper frequency details compared to my halide dac HD. I guess this is what reviewers meant by qutest needs a linear psu to bring out more details. Luckily I have an Allo Shanti linear dual rail PSU coming tomorrow for both the dac and transport.

Wait for the Qutest to burn in just a bit.. It is supposed to bring out loads of details especially compared to the Halide DAC HD which is almost 15 years old I assume... Let it run in for a while as Chord Qutest is known as an excellent detail retriever...

Wait for the Qutest to burn in just a bit.. It is supposed to bring out loads of details especially compared to the Halide DAC HD which is almost 15 years old I assume... Let it run in for a while as Chord Qutest is known as an excellent detail retriever...
Will be quite a while I guess because the device is ICE COLD!

Congratulations on your purchase
Hope its not bought from headphonezone.
If it is let us sincerely hope you never need to deal with them wrt. Warranty

Been listening to it for the last 3 hours...I really was not expecting it to be so, but the qutest....its actually quite incredible, I feel like I'm listening to an entirely different system. And the most incredible thing is that I'm able to make out the lyrics in each and every song I'm listening to..along with details I did not know existed, and separation in a very dynamic controlled manner. I'm actually amazed.

The Halide is great but it's mid-fi compared to the qutest. Waiting to receive my dual linear psu for the dac and streamhr. Should be another leap.

Been listening to it for the last 3 hours...I really was not expecting it to be so, but the qutest....its actually quite incredible, I feel like I'm listening to an entirely different system. And the most incredible thing is that I'm able to make out the lyrics in each and every song I'm listening to..along with details I did not know existed, and separation in a very dynamic controlled manner. I'm actually amazed.

The Halide is great but it's mid-fi compared to the qutest. Waiting to receive my dual linear psu for the dac and streamhr. Should be another leap.

congratulations to you, this is first insights maybe on our forum ?
Can you let us know the chain ?

Have heard good things about qutest. I had the chord mojo in the past.

Let's see if other members also pitch in and share their experiences about qutest.

Congratulations on your purchase
Hope its not bought from headphonezone.
If it is let us sincerely hope you never need to deal with them wrt. Warranty
Hmmm...but from India what other option we have if we dont want to buy international and import?

1. Connect brown + brown together
2. Connect blue + blue together

connect the two brown wires both to the +ve output of the amp. This will be usually red
connect the two blue wires both to the -ve output of the amp. This will be usually black.
Thank you, really appreciate your clear and concise directions.
Cheers,
Sid

Have a Harman Subwoofer which is burnt AMP board. 200 Watts class D amplifier.
How do I find a suitable replacement board? Not easy on eBay.
Thank you.
A note of thanks as well to FM Rwnano. This Gentleman took the time out to contact me via video call and show me his solution. Thank you again Raghavji. Highly appreciated.
Cheers,
Sid

If you have speaker level inputs on the back plate, you can connect both the brown wires to the red speaker level input and both the blue wires to the black speaker level input. Then you just need to connect the subwoofer using any speaker wire with banana/spade connectors from your external amp to the the subwoofer speaker input.

Just show me the inside view of the back plate that you have removed. Hope the entire board can be removed without removing the speaker inputs.

If you connect that way, it will be neat.
Unfortunately there are no speaker inputs. So my plan is either remove the phase and crossover knobs and put some speaker binding posts there or drill a couple of small holes.
Attached is pic of the plate amp connected to the sub. I will remove it and post pics tomorrow of the inside as well.
Cheers,
Sid
svs_sb2000.jpg

Hmmm...but from India what other option we have if we dont want to buy international and import?
I agree we don't have any option but with headphone zone as we all know dealing with them to get repairs done for any equipment under warranty is a big task.
Just that we should be ready for that

Hearty congratulations on your new acquisition 😀😀..

Good decision to add a LPSU. Should drop the noise floor even further on first addition. Let it in burn in for sometime and the sound will improve further. Enjoy 😃👍

Which LPSU is it if it's ok to ask
Allo Shanti Dual Linear
Allo Shanti he already has, was mentioned by CorElement.
Hearty congratulations on your new acquisition 😀😀..

Good decision to add a LPSU. Should drop the noise floor even further on first addition. Let it in burn in for sometime and the sound will improve further. Enjoy 😃👍

Its just arrived, hmm I'm a bit confused if I should connect the chord to the 5v 3a and wiim to 5v 1a or other way around. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20230201_091829.jpg
    20230201_091829.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 20230201_091818.jpg
    20230201_091818.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 20230201_091954.jpg
    20230201_091954.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 100
Allo Shanti Dual Linear

Its just arrived, hmm I'm a bit confused if I should connect the chord to the 5v 3a and wiim to 5v 1a or other way around. Any suggestions?
Check what rating is the chord supplied wall adapter.
A friend also a FM was not happy with the sound signature of qutest with Shanti so he shifted back to the chord supplied wall adapter

Allo Shanti Dual Linear

Chord Qutest needs 2 amps current. You should use only the 3amp output, though as per Shanthi specifications, the 1 AMP output is supposedly cleaner.
I opine you must be having a battery bank and most 10000 mah and above banks are rated for minimum 2 amps on the 5 volt output. So why not try that and see aswell.

Last edited:
@corElement - hearty congratulations on your purchase, waiting for a lengthy impressions post :)

I agree we don't have any option but with headphone zone as we all know dealing with them to get repairs done for any equipment under warranty is a big task.
Just that we should be ready for that
Also they are the only registered dealer in India on Chord website.
\Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 12.24.28 PM.png

Last edited:
Allo Shanti Dual Linear

I saw someone mention that the chord needs 2A, so the 3A needs to be connected to the chord then.

But considering that chord built the quest around their supplied walwart, I would hazard a guess that it should be fine by itself. And will take a much better LPSU to improve upon it. So ideally I would use the shanti with the Wimm. And going down the road would get a better power supply for the qutest.

I would consider atleast a Sbooster, Uptone audio, Plixir, peces or Hdplex as a minimum. The chord dave users swear by the Sean Jacobs power supplies, but they are way too expensive.

I personally use a Jay's 5V Lpsu. Mine is very old and has been reliable. Though I haven't compared it with anything to assess its quality. But read that Jay's have upped the game, and are producing very good lpsu these days. They seem to have tied up with some Singaporean and selling directly online through a company called as beatechnik or something similar. You can Google and see.

Alternatively iam also reading very good things about a guy called edison from Hong Kong. He has started his own outfit with the ediscreation. They ship from Hong Kong under the name N&E.

I haven't used any of them, so please do your research too 😜😜. That said, a high quality lpsu will be a worthwhile improvement in my opinion. All the best 😁👍

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back