Looking for 37" LCD TV-Bangalore

Hi All,

I am looking for a 37" Full HD LCD tv in Bangalore in a budget of around 40K. I can go for Sony/Philips/Samsung/LG brands.

I also want to connect Onkyo HTS3200 with it.

Senior members pls guide me from where to get best deal in Bangalore for LCD tv and HT System.

Note: Sony KLV 40S550A and Sony KLV 40V550A is available at eZone Bangalore at 55K and 60K respectively on Sakaranti offer till 14th Jan'10.

Thanks

Last edited:
In 37", There is only samsung in the market.. LA37B530 I suppose..
Then there is sony S series with BE2 engine which IMO is inferior.

LG and Philips does not have 37".

If you are going for sony, Go with the TV which has BE3 engine. Ie W series. But they are costly.

Check the samsung LA37B530. That is the only one fitting your requirements.

In 37", There is only samsung in the market.. LA37B530 I suppose..
Then there is sony S series with BE2 engine which IMO is inferior.

LG and Philips does not have 37".

If you are going for sony, Go with the TV which has BE3 engine. Ie W series. But they are costly.

Check the samsung LA37B530. That is the only one fitting your requirements.

Hi Blasto,

Thanks for your response, you are right that there aren't much choices for 37" tvs, I don't know for what good reason. I don't want to go for 32" and repent later on why didn't I shell out some extra money for a bit bigger screen.

What should be the price for Samsung LA37B530P7R. Samsung websites mentiones the MRP of 56K.

Also I found there are three 37" models being displayed at LG India website. However there is no price info there. These models are: Model 37LH35FR, Model 37LH50 and Model 37LG53FR.

Hi Blasto,

Thanks for your response, you are right that there aren't much choices for 37" tvs, I don't know for what good reason. I don't want to go for 32" and repent later on why didn't I shell out some extra money for a bit bigger screen.

What should be the price for Samsung LA37B530P7R. Samsung websites mentiones the MRP of 56K.

Also I found there are three 37" models being displayed at LG India website. However there is no price info there. These models are: Model 37LH35FR, Model 37LH50 and Model 37LG53FR.

This is a new to me. :)
Never knew LG had 37"..

37" LCD should be around 45k. Not sure.
Look into the "Price Thread" for info..

Bought a LG 37 LH 50 YR for Rs. 47,000 /- with free Airtel Dish during New year @ Girias Chennai. LH 35 is marginally cheaper.BTW the LCD delevered has NO AUDIO due to some transport damage, awaiting replacement for the same . In the meanwhile have connected to external AMP so cant say on SQ but the PQ is very good.This model has the least response time of around 2 ms amongst all 37 "

I will say if you are going for 37in,then why not 40in with other options including plasma.
37 doesnt improove much on size & still paying 15k more.
So keep in mind.:)

thanks guys for your advices, it seems going for 40" is a better option in slightly marginal price rather then going for 37". But in that case as some members were pointing out, it may be better to wait till April'10 May'10 for the new models to come out. I think prices of existing models also will go down drastically. For example Sony KLV40S550A is available in just 55K now.

I'll do some research on 40" LCDs and request you members to give input about best models in 40" that can be VFM.

Also, pls tell me where will I get good deal in Bangalore for Onkyo HTS3200 or 5100. I enquired in eZone and they quoted some 28K for HTS 3200. Pls also suggest which of these two will be better for music. My requirement is 60% music and 40% movie.

i say wait for the newer 2010 models,the 37" is a odd size .sony for eg uses the panel made from AMVA where as the samsung uses both from the inferior SMVA and the superior AMVA.

thanks guys for your advices, it seems going for 40" is a better option in slightly marginal price rather then going for 37". But in that case as some members were pointing out, it may be better to wait till April'10 May'10 for the new models to come out. I think prices of existing models also will go down drastically. For example Sony KLV40S550A is available in just 55K now.

I'll do some research on 40" LCDs and request you members to give input about best models in 40" that can be VFM.

Include 42" Plasmas also in your research. A good place to start is this forum itself.

Also, pls tell me where will I get good deal in Bangalore for Onkyo HTS3200 or 5100. I enquired in eZone and they quoted some 28K for HTS 3200. Pls also suggest which of these two will be better for music. My requirement is 60% music and 40% movie.

60% Music??
Then why are you going for a home theatre?
Are you satisfied with the sound produced by the HT?

Include 42" Plasmas also in your research. A good place to start is this forum itself.

60% Music??
Then why are you going for a home theatre?
Are you satisfied with the sound produced by the HT?

Thanks Blasto........and as I said, 40% will be movie also thats why I was planning for HT. I am new to all this so don't have much idea about which configuration to go for. But I know my requirements for sure that I want to fully enjoy the movies and decent sound for songs. You experts can suggest other combinations.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back